Problems With Maxnet

thaimate

not had a single issue for about 6 months now, 300kbps downloads anytime of the day and night...

all of the providers have dramas 90% of the time its location based I've found. right here on sukumvit i think its ok because were on a main road, a few blocks away from sukumvit it'll deteriorate as it goes through exchanges and the spider webs of cables... at my townhouse about 300m from here it's about 60% of what it is here in the office.

so yeah, provider is probably ok, but your connection has to go through lots of other shit before it gets out of thailand :|

I don't use Maxnet, but True's T-Lan service in Jomtien. After several months of a pretty stable service, the last week it has been up and down like a pole dancer's underwear. After it was working OK in the day, two nights I have tried it and there has been no service at all. Then the next morning it is back. Daytime today, it was decidedly slow and flaky, but tonight it seems OK.

Maybe it's a more general problem at the moment than just Maxnet or True? Anything to do with the current political problems? Are the police and army overloading the network?