What Do You Want From Your Local Mini Mart?

Damaz6052

So a new minimart/mini supermarket opens, the parkings easy and it's in a convient location. What do you want to buy that you can't get from a 7 or Familymart?

Is it fresh bread, proper coffee or english speaking staff....

Edited by Damaz6052

You got to be kidding if you are comparing a 7/11 or Family Mart with a proper supermarket that sells a complete range of foods and other goods, at a sensible price. These convenience stores are great for the kids, buying phone cards, junk stuff. But real families buy at the local market or the nearest big supermarket.

You got to be kidding if you are comparing a 7/11 or Family Mart with a proper supermarket that sells a complete range of foods and other goods, at a sensible price. These convenience stores are great for the kids, buying phone cards, junk stuff. But real families buy at the local market or the nearest big supermarket.

What I meant was a mini mart or mini super market, bigger than a 7 and a Family Mart but not as big as supermarket. Say half the 7 or Family Mart products but much more of a slant towards to farang market.

I would buy the things I would normally drive to Central for:

Feta cheese (the types they have at Central)

Low fat cottage cheese (Bulla) plain variety

Olives

Almonds and Walnuts, plain, not salted

Some imported pasta / sauce

Oats, plain rolled oats or imported brands

Olive oil extra virgin

Honey

Peanut butter

Chicken breast fillets

Salmon steaks frozen / packaged

dried fruit

What do you want to buy that you can't get from a 7 or Familymart?

Ah ... I see. You are conducting a market study for a new mini mart, perhaps oriented to the Farang market.

Yes should be opening within 6 weeks or so. Any feedback would be appreciated it's in Patong near a main intersection.

Yes should be opening within 6 weeks or so. Any feedback would be appreciated it's in Patong near a main intersection.

Best of luck mate. The excellent Patong Deli has almost died since Carrefour opened. You will have an uphill struggle.

Thanks I think the Deli been weighed down by all of that cheap booze(wine) apparently running into serious money, poor layout and parking doesn't help etc

Best of luck mate. The excellent Patong Deli has almost died since Carrefour opened. You will have an uphill struggle.

Thanks I think the Deli been weighed down by all of that cheap booze(wine) apparently running into serious money, poor layout and parking doesn't help etc

The store will be at four way intersection and across from a major developement.

The store will be at four way intersection and across from a major developement.

Not too many 4 way intersections in Patong. If it's the southern intersection over to Karon then I'll be a regular customer so long as your western food selection is interesting & economic.

Olives

Olive oil extra virgin

Honey

Peanut butter

Chicken breast fillets

dried fruit

Crete in Greece the place to be

Not too many 4 way intersections in Patong. If it's the southern intersection over to Karon then I'll be a regular customer so long as your western food selection is interesting & economic.

I'll do my best it will also have Pharmacy in the same building. I don't buy much from Carrefour is it relatively expensive?

So a new minimart/mini supermarket opens, the parkings easy and it's in a convient location. What do you want to buy that you can't get from a 7 or Familymart?

Is it fresh bread, proper coffee or english speaking staff....

A farang owned grocery which understands the need to open on Sundays too. Same as the Thais.

And so you'd be much better placed to locate it in Chalong. Or Rawai. :o

Olives

Olive oil extra virgin

Honey

Peanut butter

Chicken breast fillets

dried fruit

Andamart has almost all on your list. along with Marmite, wetbix and salsa. all sold as cheaply as possible

In case you don't know by now Andamart is just off Chao Fa E. between the Zoo Rd. and Chalong circle

Olives

Olive oil extra virgin

Honey

Peanut butter

Chicken breast fillets

dried fruit

Andamart has almost all on your list. along with Marmite, wetbix and salsa. all sold as cheaply as possible

In case you don't know by now Andamart is just off Chao Fa E. between the Zoo Rd. and Chalong circle

Glad I am not opening in that area!!!

Olives

Olive oil extra virgin

Honey

Peanut butter

Chicken breast fillets

dried fruit

Glad I am not opening in that area!!!

So am I.

Espically now that we are in between 2 new Tesco's

We have been open about 6 months now, and know just about every pit fall there is. If you want any info on what not to do, feel free to ask

Decent (imported) automatic washing machine powder. Types for whites, colours, dark, silk etc.

I lug the bloody stuff from UK or Malaysia!

Local product is rubbish: all types contain optical brightening agents (fluorescent white dyes), even the so-called 'colour' variants, which wreck coloured clothes in short order.

Also, imported breakfast cereals at non-rip off prices. Decent bread and butter. Non-sweetened fresh milk. Leaf tea. Carrs water biscuits. Quality English marmalade. (OK, I know this is getting small-print, but you asked the question!)

Good luck :o

Decent (imported) automatic washing machine powder. Types for whites, colours, dark, silk etc.

I lug the bloody stuff from UK or Malaysia!

Local product is rubbish: all types contain optical brightening agents (fluorescent white dyes), even the so-called 'colour' variants, which wreck coloured clothes in short order.

Also, imported breakfast cereals at non-rip off prices. Decent bread and butter. Non-sweetened fresh milk. Leaf tea. Carrs water biscuits. Quality English marmalade. (OK, I know this is getting small-print, but you asked the question!)

Good luck :o

That's what I want keep em coming