Poll: How Long Can Samak Cling To Power?

Crushdepth

How long can Samak cling to power?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What difference would it make...we seem to be going in circles...military intervention...puppet government...election...TRT or TRT "Nominee" party elected with Issan support...Bangkok technocrats and elites protest "people's choice" and urge supporters in military/bureaucracy to oust elected government...military intervention...and on and on it goes for almost 3 years now!

I know Thais are Buddhist and believe in a circle of life but his is ridiculous.

Edited by NotNew2You

I reckon Samak's party will dump him fairly soon.

The sooner the better, if I was Thai I would have to hang my head in shame after watching this idiot on TV at various time in parliment making paper cranes, picking his nose and stuffing his face with food while looking so disinterested in the whole affair of what is happening round him. .

Edited by Artisi

Samak has right on his side, so I think he muddles on. :o

Muddles on as in "muddle a'long" - To continue doing something without any clear plan or purpose . (Oxford Dictionary 6th edit.)

This sounds like just what the country needs at the moment - inaction - no direction - no idea.

Samak has right on his side, so I think he muddles on. :o

Muddles on as in "muddle a'long" - To continue doing something without any clear plan or purpose . (Oxford Dictionary 6th edit.)

This sounds like just what the country needs at the moment - inaction - no direction - no idea.

Sounds familiar........... just like the UK now!

he's done like yesterdays dinner.

Notice how all the state control enterprises (run by old school establishments) have lined up in support of the People Against Democracy.

The military is just waiting for him to do something stupid then move in as the shinning knights to stop the unrest and bloodshed........and I have a very bad feeling that it will be bloody. Hope I am very very wrong.

............ (run by old ........establishments) have lined up in support of the People Against Democracy.

they really don't like new upcoming clans like the clan of Thaksin, na? :o no way, thats our beloved Thailand

PAD and its military bosses that pull the PAD puppet strings are in for a surprise. Samak's tenacity and strength while under fire is winning him support amongst those that toil and make the money that keep PAD supporters in their luxury homes and expensive autos. Samak's supporters are the workers of the nation, the farmers. the people that keep Thailand humming. The international government community has quietly rallied to Samak's side not because they like Samak but because the foreign governments want Thailand to continue to have civilian rule.

Even the military hierarchy is hesitating. The junior ranks are made up of conscripts and volunteers, many of whom come from the geographic areas that voted for the Samak's party. If ordered to attack their own communities, they might mutiny. Don't laugh. There are a few military leaders that came from similar backgrounds and punched their military leaders in the nose. Fellow by the name of Chavez comes to mind, and who wants another wacko like him.

I reckon Samak's party will dump him fairly soon.

The sooner the better, if I was Thai I would have to hang my head in shame after watching this idiot on TV at various time in parliment making paper cranes, picking his nose and stuffing his face with food while looking so disinterested in the whole affair of what is happening round him. .

Could just be my perception but does Samak look like an angry gorilla to you? :o

............ (run by old ........establishments) have lined up in support of the People Against Democracy.

they really don't like new upcoming clans like the clan of Thaksin, na? :o no way, thats our beloved Thailand

Thaksin & his cronies managed to take looting & pillaging to new highs (or is that lows?) which somewhat upset the old 'order' because they had not thought of it first.

They now want to retake their 'rightful' place at the top & perfect the art of theivery 'Thaksin style', after all it is their turn. :D

PAD Demands 70 Percent of Referendum Votes Appointed By Bureaucracy

People who know better deserve more influence, says Sondhi

BANGKOK – Responding to the government’s decision to settle the current political crisis through a nationwide referendum, the People’s Alliance For Democracy has tentatively accepted the proposal in principle so long as the votes are 30% from voters and 70% appointed. This ratio is on line with the PAD’s stated ideal of Thai democracy, where election results are moderated by people who know better than easily-deceived upcountry voters.

“We are willing to work with the despised and criminal Samak government on this,” announced Sondhi Limthongkul, one of the PAD leaders. “Let the referendum show what the Thai people are really thinking, with 70% of their thoughts appointed by moral and social leaders.” He vowed that the PAD would honor the results and stop protesting if a majority showed support for the current government, but expressed confidence that the votes would prove that the PAD’s mandate was the most popular.

The Samak government had no response to the PAD demands as of press time, but analysts believe that they will object to the conditions and press for the “traditional” referendum system of one person, one vote. ASTV and Manager have already broadcast editorials strongly condemning this “pluralist” system of democracy as “corrupt” and “anti-Thai.”

According to Sondhi, the 70% of referendum votes will be chosen by an elite panel of retired generals, titled Bangkok families, and the board of the Crown Property Bureau. The counting of the votes will be done by the Army.

NTN

Fellow by the name of Chavez comes to mind, and who wants another wacko like him.

The Chavez's of this world are necessary to counter balance the other fruitcakes that hold positions of power.

I was impressed by his speech to the General Assembly of the United Nations

"The devil came here yesterday, and it smells of sulfur still today, this table that I am now standing in front of." At that point, Chávez made the sign of the cross, positioned his hands as if praying, and looked briefly up to the ceiling. He continued "Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the President of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world." :o