[war] Guild Name Poll

freitag1

The guild name should be...  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would say thats it. I will try the guild name in the open beta and if it works (Siam might make problems but I hope not) I get the domain. A ventrillo server for 10 people in Singapore is 4.95$ a month if I got that right ( http://www.ventriloservers.biz/ ), this should be all that we need to get this going.

I already picked up my second CE for my girl today and the n52te ( www.n52te.com ). So far the gamepad seems to be awesome. Ready for WAR (the game :X )!

What will be your career choices?

me: White Lion

gf: Runepriest

Here is my rundown of the classes if you didn't make up your mind (dam_n I read a lot on the forums...)

Dwarfs:

Ironbreaker: One of the best classes on order right now. The best tank on order site, fun game mechanic (build up grudges) and deals also decent damage. People whine the class is overpowered.

Engineer: Should be the dps class of dwarfs but the dps is still not as good as other classes. Can build up turrets like engineers in TF2. Some people love to play it because of game mechanic. Underpowered at the moment.

Runepriest: The best healer in the game. Absorbs more damage than the mirror class (Zealot) and can also deal a bit of damage. The only complete healer class on Order site (Archmage got to make damage to be efficient and can't keep more than a few people up).

Empire/Humans:

Bright Wizard: The ranged DPS class that tops the damage charts. Blows lots of people up and sometimes himself. As soon as a melee comes close its game over of course. The best pure damage class in the game right now.

Witch Hunter: The strongest melee DPS classes on Order side. High burst damage but also doesn't last long. The gameplay is hit (hopefully kill) and run.

Warrior Priest: Strong paladin like class that is very very hard to kill. Lots of people complain about this. They can also deal some decent damage and only get down when they get focus fired or run out of action points to heal themselves. Semi Tank.

Elves:

Swordmaster: Very nice tank class that can also deal some good dmg. Not as hard to crack as the iron breaker but does more dmg. It's spiritual dmg though and in later levels people will get more resists so it might even out.

White Lion: The second strongest melee DPS class on Order side with decent survivability. Instead of high burst damage the White Lion deals constant damage over time (therefore higher survivability).

Shadow Warrior: Very popular and ranged DPS class. You can specc on skirmish for kiting enemies and shooting them while running. Better survivability than the Bright Wizard but doesn't deal as much damage.

I evaluated pretty much every class so if you have any questions I will try to answer them as good as possible. If I wouldn't roll a White Lion I would go for a Swordmaster or Ironbreaker. Why? Because Tanks are key figures in this game and can turn a battle around. They have cool guarding abilities (so if you stand behind a tank you get less damage) and also the best crowd control. Even their damage is good and all this together makes a very fun class.

Edited by freitag1

I forgot the High Elf Archmage.

Archmage: A very interesting healer class with great utility spells that can do ok damage and heal. More focused on single target heals and you charge your healing efficiency up by casting damage spells. So if you play this class right you will do heal, heal, heal, heal, heal (fully charged for damage spells) dmg (+25% dmg bonus) dmg dmg dmg dmg dmg heal (+25 heal bonus).

http://warhammeronline.com/armiesofWAR/index.php

Yeah the gamepad is a bit geeky hehe :o

I had to do something to waste my time until next week so I went to Pantip and got it from my favorite mouse / keyboard store on the highest floor (before this electronics supermarket). The store is on the side next to an escalator and only sells mouse, keyboards and other accessories. It was the last one they had though. I would recommend you check in a few days again. They imported it from Singapore and it was 2300 THB.

Edited by freitag1

I forgot the High Elf Archmage.

Archmage: A very interesting healer class with great utility spells that can do ok damage and heal. More focused on single target heals and you charge your healing efficiency up by casting damage spells. So if you play this class right you will do heal, heal, heal, heal, heal (fully charged for damage spells) dmg (+25% dmg bonus) dmg dmg dmg dmg dmg heal (+25 heal bonus).

http://warhammeronline.com/armiesofWAR/index.php

Yeah the gamepad is a bit geeky hehe :o

I had to do something to waste my time until next week so I went to Pantip and got it from my favorite mouse / keyboard store on the highest floor (before this electronics supermarket). The store is on the side next to an escalator and only sells mouse, keyboards and other accessories. It was the last one they had though. I would recommend you check in a few days again. They imported it from Singapore and it was 2300 THB.

Ya I'll be buyin one of those!

I think all of us who bought WAR here are in the beta. I already set up my and my gfs account at accounts.eamythic.com

I'm just a bit worried that we might not get the CE boxes before the grace period ends (22nd). They ship them from Singapore but who knows if they will be sold out there or whatever...

I just picked up my Collector's Editions from I27, :o time to download

It would be nice if we have a good balance of different classes so that we could raid effectively together. I might even opt for the Warrior Priest to give us a bit more healing capability, but will certainly play a few different classes in the beta before making my mind up.

Edited by quiksilva

Traditionally i play a healer or a DPS (Assassin type) - im trying something different with a tank, but im happy to go back to a healer if thats what we need.

Maybe the way forward here is for each of us to list our primary and secondary class choice, then work out what we have (and dont have) based on that.

I'll start

Primary - Tank (Ironbreaker)

Secondary - Healer (Rune priest looks good)

Edited by Wolfie

Quicksilva look over here: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/fo...splay.php?f=113

As we are a small guild tanks would be great. Maybe like 3 tanks in the front, 1 or 2 mdps with them and 2 healers in the back (alogn with 1 or 2 Rdps). Warrior Priest can play multiple roles. If they don't have problems with their health they can just heal others.

This thread is about tactics and offers some interesting ideas: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=65327

Here is what I would like to play:

Main: White Lion (Mdps)

Alt: Ironbreaker (Tank) / Bright Wizard (Rdps)

I thought about the Bright Wizard and it makes sense for me because I will be probably most of the time online together with my gf who will be a healer so I don't really need the tanking power of an IB.

For her its just:

Main: Runepriest (Healer)

Alt: Archmage (Healer Hybrid)

Edited by freitag1

Im still not sure yet, am tied between

Main ironbreaker /swordsmith (I honestly cant decide which until I have played them)

Alt Warrior Priest ( the problem with multiple roles Is that they tend to be jack of all trades masters of none , which is why I have been put off them)

We need a few tanks and looks like we have one healer so far so we should be okay to start off with no matter what people opt for

If we start off with just 5 or 6 of us... we really dont need 3 tanks hehe. 2 tanks tops, 1 or 2 healer hybrids, 2 or 3 dps. To start off I mean, actually what do I know.... for all I know 10 tanks and no healers is a great idea in Warhammer, I keep thinking in terms of Wow. I would like to be dps of some sort, but I think during beta we should group up and try a few classes each to find what suits us and everyone thinks "dam_n ya we need that class in the group".

I agree, we will need a fairly balanced group, my suggestion would be two tanks (main tank and off tank), two healers and then fill the rest of the group with DPS etc.

I imagine the game mechanics will be similar to the other games available, so unless they are drastically different we should stick to the cookie cutter group to level up and get upto raid levels.

Yup reads like a way forward to me. I'm sure we will all be able to find our role, and have fun doing it.

I'm encouraged to see thoughts of strategy being raised here, especially if we can stick to the game plans during raids and RvR. Communication is essential.

ps finally got my key activated last night but fileplanet was seriously slow, must be getting a lot of traffic

ps finally got my key activated last night but fileplanet was seriously slow, must be getting a lot of traffic

I've got the beta client burnt onto DVD's (For Ian_:D - gunna try and get them to him today/tomorrow - i'm sure if you ask him nicely he will let you have the disks after hes installed it :o

:o sound's like a plan to me I cant imagine how long it'd take to download the client as I hear its about 10gb (never quite got round to getting the download started as fileplanet was taking about 10 minutes to load a page last night and that's on my 2mb connection!)

So, Ian_B, fancy a beer ? :D

There is another preview weekend starting in a few hours.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war

But i guess its only for the first preview weekend people http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...p;postcount=465

I will try our guild name and I will update this post after I have downloaded the new patch (you can download it too 188mb just start the warpatcher) which takes ages... and now the evening comes everybody gets home and goes online :o lets see...

Edit: You can try it as well. I'm logged in with my CE account (not my amazon standard account) and was able to download the patch. Some people in the forum said it is not possible with a non Preview Weekend account but all CE orders got PW. Try it!

Edited by freitag1