Finance For A New Cbr150?

Norrad

Hi everyone,

I got myself a CBR150 a few months ago and I'm loving it. Now my wifes brother has just asked me to help him get one, he needs it to get to Uni every day. Unfortunately, I don't have 60K lying around at the moment as I've just moved into our house, so I told him that if he could organise financing for the bike, I would be more than happy to assist.

Would anyone know whether financing can be arranged by the Honda dealer or is it through a bank? What sort of deposit would be required and what would monthly payments be? He is a Thai national, he has a part time job and myself or my wife could be guarantors if needed.

Hi everyone,

I got myself a CBR150 a few months ago and I'm loving it. Now my wifes brother has just asked me to help him get one, he needs it to get to Uni every day. Unfortunately, I don't have 60K lying around at the moment as I've just moved into our house, so I told him that if he could organise financing for the bike, I would be more than happy to assist.

Would anyone know whether financing can be arranged by the Honda dealer or is it through a bank? What sort of deposit would be required and what would monthly payments be? He is a Thai national, he has a part time job and myself or my wife could be guarantors if needed.

It's my understanding that a CBR 150 is more or less the same price as an Airblade. Having said that, my mother-in-law got financing on an Airblade where she pays 15k THB every 3 months. That's obviously for a year's worth of payment. 'Down' (I love how Thais steal some words from English and don't include all of the word, like I'm going to Seven instead of saying Seven-Eleven!) was IIRC 20%.

Oh, and don't worry, as long as he can put money down I'm sure it will get financed. I haven't heard of any forum member's family member get turned down for such a small amount.

Recently we bought a bike, paid it in 3 payments over 3 months without interest. Otherwise you can negotiate 6, 9 or 12 months, but some interest will be added. Depending on your free budget.

Regards

Moo9