Hdmi And Speaker Cable

pokerkid

I need some 10 meters of reasonably priced hdmi cable and also some good quality speaker cable. Does anybody know a good adres in bkk to get this from. I was thinking of maybe looking in pantip plaza or fortune mall but would like to have a specific shop to look out for.

Maybe better to go to the China Town!

At Ban Mor is an shop named Electronic Source but maybe Nattapong is the better solution (maybe a bit more expensive)! Ask the people at Ban Mor for the location of Nattapong, it's very near and you can just take a 5 min. walk.

Nattapong has a lot imported products from Europe and the USA incl. high quality staff for Audio and Video as well.

There is also the Old Siam Departmentstore were is the headoffice of Amorn. The 2. and 3. floor mainly occupied by Amorn and you'll find everthing Amorn import and sells there and that's a lot!

Cheers.

There is a shop in Fortune Town that sells 10m HDMI cables for about 1200 baht. I can't remember the name but its in the IT Mall on the right hand side a few shops back as you face the big round area.

That sure sounds like a good price, the cheapest 10 meter cable i found so far on the net was 6000 baht.

I will be going to bkk in around 3-4 weeks so if you go to fortune before that time could you tell me the name of the shop. that would be great

Audio and Video cables are in all price ranges in Bangkok. If you buy a magazine such as "What HI-FI" or "GM2000". there are advertisements for many retailers, several distributors and a few importers of audio video cables. Most have an e-mail and you can contact them for prices Shipping gear via common transport companies is less money than going to Ban Mor in a taxi. Yet I think the Ban Mor section of Bangkok is VERY interesting and I've spent a full day visiting various shops in that area for AV gear, parts and DVD's. There is a decent map at the www.mynpe.com web site that you can give to a taxi driver. I have found that NPE prices are higher at the main store in Ban Mor than a good retailer in Buriram will quote on the exact same gear. If you want Belden cable NPE is the place, but for less money there are several shops in Ban Mor that stock and sell Canare speaker cable from Japan. The cheap Chinese speaker cable is sold at hundreds of shops in Ban Mor. There are many places with "name", no-name, perhaps "copy name" HDMI cables all over Ban Mor.

As a general rule, the Ban Mor area is a much less expensive place to shop for those items than HI FI CENTER which is very near Big C at Central World. Several of the importers of "name" a/v gear have showroom outlets at the four level HiFi Center.

In my opinion you would need to be very careful if purchasing any parts, a/v gear or electrical items at ANY branch of Amorn. Really this shop does NOT have the lowest prices, but you would be pressed hard to find lower quality anywhere in Thailand. Imagine if a Radio Shack had absolutely no qualms about quality or safety. To have a "knockoff Woods Electric" extension cord just break by touching the end socket. Not one, but all four cord sets broke hanging on the rack at Amorn. The sign on the window might say JBL, but I suspect you will not find a genuine JBL product in that store. Maybe a Chinese knockoff microphone that says Shure, or a "licensed" Shure Microphone, but no warranty card for the real Shure microphones made in Mexico and sold in reputable shops in Thailand.

Fortune Town IT Mall seems less mafia and less shady than Pantip Plaza. Certainly some good photo and computer suppliers selling primarily to Thai people at what seems like some fair real Thailand market prices. Fortune Town IT Mall is certainly easy via MRT. But if you had way too much money this is the shopping center for used audio gear. Who the heck knew a stereo we had in College could be on sale for so much money in another Nation 25 or 30 years later?

Now as we all know in Thailand the "Golden Rule" of any electric or a/v gear is "test in the store" before you buy the item.