Policy Details Of Thaivisa Insurance For Motorbike (yamaha Mio 115cc)

NHJ

Hi,

i asked a quote for an insurance on my yamaha mio (2005) 115cc, i received the price around 2800bath/year and the cover for accident, damages etc etc..

however i have a few questions, i'm new to insurance in thailand so sorry if thoses look strange or stupid :

1) what is the policy detail?those usually written in a book and with a very small font?

2) will I have a sticker to put on the bike or a card so if i have an accident, the hospital can contact the insurance in case i would be in coma?

thanks.

It depends how the accident is done, if my pockets become empty or my pant is broken, anyway keep a copy on/in the bike and in the wallet is double safety.

english is nto my native language, i don't know the right word, so i'll try to explain :

in all insurances you have cases covered and not covered due to special requirements or circunstances, i'd like to know in wich cases i'm covered, in wich i'm not, my responsibility etc etc...

It depends how the accident is done, if my pockets become empty or my pant is broken, anyway keep a copy on/in the bike and in the wallet is double safety.

english is nto my native language, i don't know the right word, so i'll try to explain :

in all insurances you have cases covered and not covered due to special requirements or circunstances, i'd like to know in wich cases i'm covered, in wich i'm not, my responsibility etc etc...

If we can ask you to open the previous file it will show you the amounts covered for 3rd parties (i.e not you) and the amounts of medical expenses for yourself.

apparently there's a language barrier.

am I covered in all cases including driving without arms and without legs being drunk with no helmet and blind?

this might sound silly but in my country all insurances are very strict on their conditions, if you break one, you're not covered at all.

• 2 months later...

Dear NHJ.

Your question is perfectly reasonable.

The pre-sales documentation provided by Thai Visa Insurance is woefully inadequate and most uninformative. In fact, it's so vague that it almost looks like something produced by a scam company rather than the reputable outfit that I'm sure they are.

Questions that I would expect to be clearly answered in any pre-sales information would include:

• (as you ask in your post), what would invalidate any payout? Eg: the non-wearing of a helmet? poor condition of tires at time of accident? more than one passenger?
  • Is payout dependent on a police report? And what happens if that report in not countersigned by the driver because it is written in Thai?
  • What is covered if the bike is unattended and involved in an accident? Eg when parked in the street.
  • What is covered if the bike is stolen?

The information page that Thai Visa Insurance ask us to refer to, http://insurance.thaivisa.com/our-products...-insurance.html, is very confusing:

• There's no indication of what code 610 and 620 are. Where do these magic numbers come from and what's the difference?
  • What does "Property Damage" refer to? The 3rd parties vehicle? Or the garden wall that was demolished during the accident?
  • Does "motorcycleinsuranceinfo.doc.jpg" refer to what we in the UK would call "Fully Comprehensive" cover, which is designed to insure any 3rd party involved in the event of an accident AND you AND your passengers AND your vehicle AND it's contents?
  • Why does the "motorcycleinsuranceinfo.doc.jpg" seem to offer (in many cases) less cover than the 3rd Party Only cover? For example no payment on death of 3rd Party, lower Injury payment to 3rd Party, no bail insurance.
  • Regarding "motorcycleinsuranceinfo.doc.jpg", I assume that "Personal Accident" covers anything relating to the driver and his passenger(s) that is NOT "Injury (driver and passengers)" related, although this is only an inference.
  • Regarding the same table, why is "Vehicle Damage" and "Injury (driver and passengers)" blank? Do we assume that these things are not covered with this policy?

I am also currently looking for insurance to cover both myself and my partner for our 125 Mio that we purchased 2 years ago via a finance company. The purchase deal included 2 years free insurance so we are now just waiting for the ownership papers at which point we'll need to get insurance.

If anyone can point me to an insurance company or a broker that can give clearly defined detail of what is being paid for (before payment is made and the policy document is issued) it would be greatly appreciated.

To Thai Visa Insurance I say: "Come on guys..... You have a captive audience here. Give us the basic information we need in an intelligible form and I'm sure you'll get many more clients - including myself".

You must be having a laugh if you expect a detailed answer and breakdown for the total of some 3000b year premium !!!! These guys probably earn some 10-20% on that value - Probably better to go and look at the detailed policy (but you may have to spend more than the premium to get it translated). By the way those limits are extremely low - 100,000 for accident/death is 50% below what the common "death payout" seems to be.

• 2 weeks later...

seems like insurance here is more complicated than i understand