Thaksin Sells His Manchester City Club To Abu Dhabi

george

I wrote this on 21st August:

“Everyone likes to say they heard from a highly-positioned person that.... but I did hear from a highly-positioned person that the money behind Man City is actually from a consortium of Mid-East investors. He's just the front man. He agreed because he hoped it would create more popularity for him in LOS.”

Link here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Seek....html&st=25

Post 38

He’s now an honorary director!

Also a front man for Middle East cash but has become a liability since he seeked political asylum.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahaha... I am laughing here... As an American...I care nothing about soccer...(aka European football)...

But the fact that Thaksin has sold M.C. at least suggests to me that the current Thai government/court's efforts at freezing his assets in connection with the various court cases have had some impact... And... that's a heartening thing to hear. Now, hopefully, PPP notwithstanding, the various court cases will follow thru to their conclusions, and the assets be seized or not, depending on the outcomes of the verdicts.

It would be nice to see justice done...for a change.

That would be '[world] football, apart from one odd country'.

Last time I checked, the American style of football was being played in a fair number of other countries around the world, and U.S. pro teams have been playing well-received exhibition games in various places. Just give it a bit more time...and the virus will spread... The only ODD thing is why anyone would prefer soccer over American football in the first place... :o

Surely this can't be true. Mr Thaksin made a full catigorical and somewhat indignant denial that he was even thinking of selling only a week ago :D

Yes, I'm upset that he has gone back on his word. It's so unlike him. :D

:D

Sold shin for a couple billion and denied the sale two days before, insisting he was going to Singapore for shopping with the family.

Repeat scenario in U.K.

All major shareholders of companies, worldwide, are bound to strict rules by the boards of the various Stock Exchanges. The SET in BKK would probably have no different rules.

It means that if Tony Clifton (example :D ) is a major shareholder of a Stock listed company, he is by law forbidden to inform the media about important changes which could influence the listed stock.

But, back to Manchester City:

"Hydra Properties CEO Sulaiman Al Fahim, a member of the group's board, completed the deal at the Abu Dhabi Emirates Palace Hotel* with Thaksin and Khalid Kadfour Al-Muhairy, the legal chief of the Emirates Group.

"Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment has been into a series negotiation with Shinawatra in order to purchase the club, until (it) successfully signed the agreement of purchase, which (we) consider as a massive achievement for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi," a statement to the AP said.

Al Fahim pledged to clear any pending payments and solve the club's financial problems, which have left Thaksin resorting to obtaining loans from former chairman John Wardle"

From: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/football...ref=mpstoryview

* http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/home/index.htm

Note:

It depends (and..I don't know) what kind of entity Manchester City was and now is or became; meaning if it was listed in London on the Stock Market or AIM (as said, I don't know nor checked) or that it was a normal Ltd. with shares. It also depends where those stock were held, partly or not in the UK.

The Arab Leader(s) from Abu Dhabi are certainly no fools and must have negotiated to their benefit.

In my own country, if one has shares, the profit is tax free if there's a gain (if sold) but no taxes have to be paid also if you lose .... :o

The way I read the message from CNN shows Thaksin was/is in Abu Dhabi....

LaoPo

like him or hate him he seems to know how to make money

And Turn the "unatractive" business into a High Profile powerhouse

Rock On Man City

I must remember that line come the end of the season next April

"a High Profile powerhouse".......... :o

A guy like Thakins just doesn't abscond with zero cash all frozen in Thai banks. He's not stupid no matter how much people here want to think he is. You don't get this far without having more tricks up your sleeve than a leprechaun on st. paddy's day.

Getting that far the way he did it is not a question of of intelligence, it's a matter of lacking morals, integrity.

Hahahahahahaha... I am laughing here... As an American...I care nothing about soccer...(aka European football)...

But the fact that Thaksin has sold M.C. at least suggests to me that the current Thai government/court's efforts at freezing his assets in connection with the various court cases have had some impact... And... that's a heartening thing to hear. Now, hopefully, PPP notwithstanding, the various court cases will follow thru to their conclusions, and the assets be seized or not, depending on the outcomes of the verdicts.

It would be nice to see justice done...for a change.

That would be '[world] football, apart from one odd country'.

Last time I checked, the American style of football was being played in a fair number of other countries around the world, and U.S. pro teams have been playing well-received exhibition games in various places. Just give it a bit more time...and the virus will spread... The only ODD thing is why anyone would prefer soccer over American football in the first place... :o

Because Football(Soccer) does'nt have Bloody commercial breaks every 8 minutes! It has ONE break(Short!) at halftime.That's originally what "halftime" means. The NFL used to be a great Game full of action and excitement.But then It "Pimped" itself to Corperate intrests and now it's just played by Rich ex Uni pansies. Who can't play for more than 8 minutes before a break. Soccer Rules and Rugby is King(A REAL MAN's Game.Good Ole NFL R.I.P. )

Edited by HelterSkelter

That's certainly OK... Watching soccer play during each half is certainly no more interesting than watching the on-field occurrences during any routine NFL timeout period. In fact, I'd say, they are about equal in terms of their relative interest level. :o

A guy like Thakins just doesn't abscond with zero cash all frozen in Thai banks. He's not stupid no matter how much people here want to think he is. You don't get this far without having more tricks up your sleeve than a leprechaun on st. paddy's day.

Getting that far the way he did it is not a question of of intelligence, it's a matter of lacking morals, integrity.

Is that Your Excuse for living in a third world Economy?Or are You actually a "Stupid Billionare" Hiding in the Caymans and posting here to beat the boredom.

Not every billionaire is a scam artist of some sort, are you a communist?

Why is anyone surprised he sold Man. City. with London being the worlds centre for highly developed money laundering ? Interested parties will only have prospered from this deal. There was never any official comment as to the result of an investigation as to where this money came from in the first place -there would needed to have been to comply with regulatory authorities i.e. the UK government, so no doubt for a "suitable contribution" he has laundered £ 80 million of dirty money into legit revenue. Why, Blairs payback from Bush to lieing to the British People is 1/2 million a year for 1 day a month job just to make look legit !

Why should the UK governement be concerned ? after all it is them that have continually squashed the enquiries into the British Aerospace "slush fund" payments of some £ 2 million to arabs, and don't forget the anti-christ was heavily invloved in that in the 80' and the 6 million her son Mark "earned" from consultancy during the deal was never explained either.

The good news for Man city is that they are almost free of having a world renowed corrupt ex-politician so once a few more charges stick he will lose is Honary Presidentship also. The additional benefit is that in keeping with true Muslim traditon, when the Arab owners are "out to play" in the UK they will bring all of their highest paid London hookers with them to sit in the box at home games, a far prettier site than Toxins wife anyway.

I'm a Human Being.

And I ageed with Your comment! It's the posting rebutting your observation of "Intelligence=Business Success"(OK a bit of skullduggery does'nt hurt as well!)

Communism gives a "Warm and Fuzzy Feeling" when on the page.But in reality it does'nt work.It's on the opposite end of Unbridled Capitalism,Both are archaic and disfunctional in larger poulations.

The additional benefit is that in keeping with true Muslim traditon, when the Arab owners are "out to play" in the UK they will bring all of their highest paid London hookers with them to sit in the box at home games, a far prettier site than Toxins wife anyway.

Promise to send us photos of those highest paid London hookers, ok? ...you can blur the eyes... :o

LaoPo

The words the way he did in bold do nothing for you?

Maybe you need to read up on his extensive and dubious business history, backed by yet again a new court case today regarding his beloved AIS.

Manchester City he handled no differently, all livestock in a stadium to him.

Edited by Tony Clifton

"Hydra Properties CEO Sulaiman Al Fahim, a member of the group's board, completed the deal at the Abu Dhabi Emirates Palace Hotel* with Thaksin and Khalid Kadfour Al-Muhairy, the legal chief of the Emirates Group.[/b]

Al Fahim pledged to clear any pending payments and solve the club's financial problems, which have left Thaksin resorting to obtaining loans from former chairman John Wardle"[/i]

The new owner...

62877-hydra.jpg

Sulaiman Al Fahim, Chief Executive Officer, Hydra Properties

What's next up for sale, the house?

Photos of his shapely billionaire daughter from her just-concluded uni days... I understand daradaily is putting together a quite attractive offer...

A sneak preview...

augaing.jpg

luv the Imelda Marcos shoes

You're a BAD man... sir John!!!! :D How did that photo escape inclusion in the recent BKK university girls photo escapade..... Hmm... seems that blouse is fitting a bit loosely...for some reason.... :o

Surely this can't be true. Mr Thaksin made a full catigorical and somewhat indignant denial that he was even thinking of selling only a week ago :D

Yes, I'm upset that he has gone back on his word. It's so unlike him. :D

:D

Sold shin for a couple billion and denied the sale two days before, insisting he was going to Singapore for shopping with the family.

Repeat scenario in U.K.

All major shareholders of companies, worldwide, are bound to strict rules by the boards of the various Stock Exchanges. The SET in BKK would probably have no different rules.

It means that if Tony Clifton (example :D ) is a major shareholder of a Stock listed company, he is by law forbidden to inform the media about important changes which could influence the listed stock.

But, back to Manchester City:

"Hydra Properties CEO Sulaiman Al Fahim, a member of the group's board, completed the deal at the Abu Dhabi Emirates Palace Hotel* with Thaksin and Khalid Kadfour Al-Muhairy, the legal chief of the Emirates Group.

"Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment has been into a series negotiation with Shinawatra in order to purchase the club, until (it) successfully signed the agreement of purchase, which (we) consider as a massive achievement for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi," a statement to the AP said.

Al Fahim pledged to clear any pending payments and solve the club's financial problems, which have left Thaksin resorting to obtaining loans from former chairman John Wardle"

From: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/football...ref=mpstoryview

* http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/home/index.htm

Note:

It depends (and..I don't know) what kind of entity Manchester City was and now is or became; meaning if it was listed in London on the Stock Market or AIM (as said, I don't know nor checked) or that it was a normal Ltd. with shares. It also depends where those stock were held, partly or not in the UK.

The Arab Leader(s) from Abu Dhabi are certainly no fools and must have negotiated to their benefit.

In my own country, if one has shares, the profit is tax free if there's a gain (if sold) but no taxes have to be paid also if you lose .... :o

The way I read the message from CNN shows Thaksin was/is in Abu Dhabi....

LaoPo

:D I'm surprised NOBODY reacted to this message and the LAST SENTENCE in particular.... :(

LaoPo

I can understand the non-disclosure requirement, but is a stock market rule that states an owner of a company must lie to cover-up a sale? :o

There is a less-than-subtle difference.

Because Football(Soccer) does'nt have Bloody commercial breaks every 8 minutes! It has ONE break(Short!) at halftime.That's originally what "halftime" means. The NFL used to be a great Game full of action and excitement.But then It "Pimped" itself to Corperate intrests and now it's just played by Rich ex Uni pansies. Who can't play for more than 8 minutes before a break. Soccer Rules and Rugby is King(A REAL MAN's Game.Good Ole NFL R.I.P. )

You are right of course.

Now the only thing that soccer lacks is any scoring (goals) before the half time break. And then again between half time and full time :o

No time for a commercial break.

Watch Ozzie Rules if you want to see real football :D

I think he bought out all small shareholders and delisted the club, thus non-disclosure rules do not apply.

It was good, old-fashioned lie, a white lie. Cook wanted to quell the rumors and unrest until the good news was out.

Fair enough.