State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

How many time are they allowed to use the lengthy judicial loop that takes forever to deal with this mafia syndicate disguised as a political party?

As many times as PAD avoids registering as a political party so they can totally avoid ANY 'lengthy judicial loop'.

:o

Is it against the law not to form a political party?

What about the DAAD? :D

Nonsense.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found this from Asia Times, one of Manager Groups Websites.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/ID27Ae01.html

And if anyone can prove it is a spoof, I please ask the mods to remove it.

Recollections, revelations of a protest leader

By Shawn W Crispin

An interview given by Sondhi.

I don't want to copy it all because there are many references to a very respected man.

I read it and have seen parts of it elsewhere.

A good post but ignored by others.

Not ignored at all. A superb reference. I thought I'd just keep mum and digest it. Like the works of Mr P.M. Handley.

This article is quite something,

so why the heck he announces all that anti democratic stuff.

Or is this denunciation ?!?!?!

maxi

Uhhh stupid me ... the notes say:

Notes

1. Sondhi Limthongkul is the founder of the Manager Group, which through its holdings owns Asia Times Online.

Edited by Maxi101

I don't understand the whining about tourists may not come.

It does not matter if they get less for a month or 3 months. What a minor thing in compare to be for years or decades almost slaves under Thaksin, Samak and other criminals.

Nelson Mandela or Gandhi surely harmed the economic.

I found this from Asia Times, one of Manager Groups Websites.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/ID27Ae01.html

And if anyone can prove it is a spoof, I please ask the mods to remove it.

Recollections, revelations of a protest leader

By Shawn W Crispin

An interview given by Sondhi.

I don't want to copy it all because there are many references to a very respected man.

No it's not a spoof. It is a genuine interview that can also be accessed in General Topics in Thaivisa. And anyone genuinely interested in what motivates Sondhi should read this article- the relationship between him and the Chinese middle class- his relationship with the elites- why he will be more careful this time around about which particular coupsters he throws his hat in with- the nature of his hostility to Thaksin and what he thinks motivates his supporters.

Totally cool article. Sondhi is definitely my hero now. Thanks for posting this article

This is really bad for the tourism , over here in Scandinavia its headline news on all the tv stations .

And even if its no danger to travel , this kind of news will make people here think twice about going to Thailand.

Especially families with kids , high season starts in 3 months so if this goes on I'm sure Thailand will suffer a lot....

Lets hope it will get back to normal soon.

Look at the bright side, it may save a few lives on the roads or keep them away from yet another strange murder plot, maybe save a few jumpers, prevent a few rapes and policemen ripping off tourists or intentionally botching their murder investigations once they've been sent back to their respective countries in a body bag.

Tourism is not what Thailand needs right now.

A very inappropriate post is all I have to say.

Abhisit looks fairly decent, and certainly an angel compared to the rest of the mob in Power/Protesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhisit_Vejjajiva

But does this guy have much support? Very little mention of him here as an alternative. Is there a reason why so few seem to support this guy? Does anyone know who's side (if any) he is on at the moment (PAD/PPP)?

I was refering to the comment about Cambodia.

Yeah I bet you do, another nice one that was a little bit PAD related don't you think. Of course to go further into that would be OT.

Beleive in me I am no supporter for PAD nor the PPP. If I had my way, I would ban the whole lot from politics/pressure group as they all hold criminal/ corruption records. Problem is I have no idea who could replace them!

Abhisit man, Abhisit.

Did he visit Isaan once during the last election?

Newbies have as much right to articulate in this forum as you do warriors. No PPP affiliation, just a view different from yours. The notion that with an older join date at Thai Visa somehow begets you the only realistic POV is amazingly ignorant...I don't take sides particularly... but even at the surface, what PAD is doing and their method is not going to benefit anybody... step back and get some perspective

yeah poryai you are perfectly right. as a newbie warrior you have all the rights, but just not the credibility. no affiliation, just different, only amazingly ignorant, no particular side, only pad bashing. most older forum members know each other, only some newbies from a certain hongkong pr agency are rather unknown and therefore not much trusted. be patient, step back and get some perspective before you post.

Samak, you stubborn puppet, please resign for the good of Thailand, dedicate your new freetime for your cooking show or whatever!

I know now many people who change the side, at first a bit angry that the PAD entered ministries and the government, but now the picture turns among Thais, because it is obvious that Samak sticks much too long to his power. What is he hiding? Does he fear jail? Oh, of course he would beg for asylum in the UK!

Enough is enough now...it is time for him to go, or let the military let kick him out, because this is a protest against an unlawful, vote buying, very corrupt government, using bad arguments to divide the country for it's own benefit and survival....

This article is quite something,

so why the heck he announces all that anti democratic stuff.

Or is this denunciation ?!?!?!

maxi

Uhhh stupid me ... the notes say:

Notes

1. Sondhi Limthongkul is the founder of the Manager Group, which through its holdings owns Asia Times Online.

stay on the carpet Kurt

Well, I think the LOL could easily be reflected back to you. I mean IF you really believe that people like Sondhi want what you just described above, then you must be a bit naive to say the least.

He doesn't really want a fair and transparent election, and he certainly doesn't want to end corruption, he would be one of the first to pay the price, if they achieved just that.

You do know why he became anti Thaksin don't you ? Not because of his apparent corruption, but because a deal they made togehter turned sour.

Some freedomfighter.

I'm well aware of Sondhi's past. But that doesn't illegitimize anything he's been saying about TRT and PPP. You have to look at the facts themselves. Look at what Thanksin/TRT/PPP have done. Even if this gov't is thrown out, it doesn't mean that Sondhi will become the next PM or the most powerful man in Thailand. We all just want a change in our system and wanna see fair and transparent elections to ensure the better future of the country. The same old crap in Thai democracy where corruption is accepted and ignored has gotta end. We are NOT supporting PAD because of Sondhi. We are supporting their cause because this corrupt gov't is just too much to bear. We want a change. Nothing to do with Sondhi.

I hear you ThNiner but, due to PR stunts like 30 Baht welfare for all and grants to small villages throughout the Kingdom and so on, the average poor, hand-to-mouth farmer upcountry loves TRT and it's nemesis Samak, these are the voters in this 'sort of' democracy--bribed albeit--it's only the intelligentia and upper classes who can see through this scam--beware the poor, illiterate farmers will not stand for your reforms--they are/were happy [ in a sort of way] with the status quo.

Unlike you I am not Thai and have no right to comment--just airing my opinion--Kor Tod.

Just to clarify the english usage: PAD is th TRT / PPP / Samak nemesis, Samak is PPP's figurehead.

Some of ~TRT's initiatives WERE usefull, no denieing that.

BUT while doing that 10's of millions baht slight of hand with the left,

they were pulling 100's of millions into their pockets with the right,

between waving the flag and sueing ALL detractors with billion baht

lawsuits to shut them up.

Up country is only NOW hearing of these fandangles.

How many in Issan have heard of the Thai government Import Export bank

being point blank ordered by Dr. T. to go against their co-banks

and Moodey's international ratings recommendations

to loan 4 BILLION Baht to Myanmars generals for telecom installations.

And who was SELLING these installations in a no bid done deal manner,

why Shin Sat and Shin Computer.

The companies the Shinawatra's 'didn't own'... because the maid,

and the brother in law, and the secratary, and the kids, and some

off shore holding companies were nominies for them

even though Thaksin and Potjammen controled the bundle.

So when it came time to sell to Temasak who was in charge> Dr. T.

Potjamen HAS been convicted in this shares hiding scheme,

for purposely neglecting the taxes in the whole transaction.

Do you think think the average cow walker in Issan with all the

native intellegence of a nice person, is prepared to deal with

unraveling machinations of this magnatude.? I doubt it.

Most people have trouble with it all. But the facts are public,

and the laws are clear, it hasn't had time to get through the courts yet.

So it is quite logical that the middle class and educated will

catch on to Dr T's games well before the back country electorate.

Especially so, if that electorate is purposely prevented from

hearing ANYTHING about it. Such as by beatings for ANY PAD

speakers that went north to talk. And control of local radio.

How can they ever understand the got taken in.

Representative democracy at work... SURE!

Minus the part about an informed electorate.

And a free press and infromation channels.

Edited by animatic

How many time are they allowed to use the lengthy judicial loop that takes forever to deal with this mafia syndicate disguised as a political party?

As many times as PAD avoids registering as a political party so they can totally avoid ANY 'lengthy judicial loop'.

:o

Is it against the law not to form a political party?

What about the DAAD? :D

Nonsense.

You consider PAD and DAAD deliberately structuring themselves to able to work outside the laws that apply to political parties as nonsense? So it may not be illegal but it is morally irresponsible to set yourself up as the privately bankrolled 'enforcer' of your weak-willed political parties.

This is really bad for the tourism , over here in Scandinavia its headline news on all the tv stations .

And even if its no danger to travel , this kind of news will make people here think twice about going to Thailand.

Especially families with kids , high season starts in 3 months so if this goes on I'm sure Thailand will suffer a lot....

Look at the bright side, it may save a few lives on the roads or keep them away from yet another strange murder plot, maybe save a few jumpers, prevent a few rapes and policemen ripping off tourists or intentionally botching their murder investigations once they've been sent back to their respective countries in a body bag.

With the constant state of denial you live in, I can't see why you'd agree with it. :o

Concentrate more on NBT instead of me.

Mods, how come some of Joe's posts are blocked while others are not? I want them all blocked.

PPP MP suffers head injury during clash

Udon Thani MP of the People Power Party, Surathin Phimarnmekhin, received were treated with two stitches for his head injury he suffered during the clash between the pro and anti-government protesters early Tuesday, his secretary said.

But Thirapol Suriyo, the secretary claimed that Suthin was not leading pro-government people into the clash.

Thirapol claimed that he went to visit his constituents after hearing they the came to Bangkok.

He said Suthin received the stitches at the Hua Chiew Hospital.

The Nation

Samak! Samak! Samak!

Stick it out ole buddy! Don't quit.

The long-term consequences of quitting will be worse than any short-term appeasement of these thugs occupying government house. The amount of anger and resentment among THailand's masses will not be restrained and I fear years and years of future bloodshed. Just keep talking to your royal friends and work on convincing somebody to give a speech asking then all to go home.

I think the questing that needs to be answered is should international tourists cancel their holidays in Thailand.....

every tourist who has a heart should immediatelly cancel his thailand plans to show sympathy with the protesters against corrupt governments. samak ook bpai! thailand can survive a few canceled holidays better than many more years of corruption. corruption makes holidays less pleasent and more expensive. tourists can take that into account and they will come back in flocks as soon as thailand ist just, save and corruptionfree.....

Yeah I bet you do, another nice one that was a little bit PAD related don't you think. Of course to go further into that would be OT.

Beleive in me I am no supporter for PAD nor the PPP. If I had my way, I would ban the whole lot from politics/pressure group as they all hold criminal/ corruption records. Problem is I have no idea who could replace them!

Abhisit man, Abhisit.

Isn't that where the Democrats had set up a stage and it was attacked, destroyed and it's crowd dispersed two years ago while the police stood by, yet again? :o

Mods, how come some of Joe's posts are blocked while others are not? I want them all blocked.

If you've put someone on ignore, you shouldn't see their original post. But if someone else has quoted that post as a part of their own post, it will show up.

I thought you had JoeInSurin blocked, not ubonjoe ?

If you read my post carefully I NEVER gave an opion ( View) which way I cast my vote either P.P.P. or P.A.D

hi warrior, maybe you were not meant this time, just all the other 'warriors' here on the forum. but if you never give an opinion (view) and if you don't cast a vote either or, please tell the forum, what in heavens are you doing here? just trolling?

With the constant state of denial you live in, I can't see why you'd agree with it. :o

Dupliccate Post

Edited by ubonjoe

I am no supporter of Thaksin or Samak but this situation is more like a revolt than a protest. so why do you support them?

As far as I can see the PAD is anti-democracy and are complaining that the wrong party won. That's the problem with a democracy, you have to follow who/what party was elected and they can't handle that. they were not 'elected', they bought votes!

As far as government corruption and populist polices etc are concerned, you could argue that all governments everywhere are corrupt (to a certain extent) and all governments follow populist policies otherwise they would never get elected. pretty right! you think this good??

Abhisit man, Abhisit.

You will recall (maybe not) when the Democrats tried to campaign in the northeast, they were physically attacked. I guess they didn't pay as much as the other guys.

Abhisit man, Abhisit.

Supachai Panitchpakdi

He is also a member of the Democrats and yes, another very good man.

...This is the 21st century, not a soap opera on television.

sorry, you are wrong, this is a soap opera on tv. it has all the ingredients, the good, the bad and the ugly and it is staged by the same people who deny democratic education and insist on soap operas for thai people instead.

Why did you block my posts?

Is it because I asked for a source for one of your posts that looked like a news post.

Or because you disagree with my opinions.

Either one seems a bit ******** to me.

Edited by ubonjoe

Abhisit man, Abhisit.

He is a really good man but can he handle this huge mess?

after the taksin ork pai we have samak ork pai. whoelse would be the ork pai man after this?

Alot of finances supporting private projects from overseas are currently being delayed due to this mess. if s&p or moody drop thailand's rating, the delays will be shelved for good.

can the PPP and PAD fight quietly? solve the mess with minimum impact to thailand's fragile economy?

Well that is the 64 dollar question.

Can ANYONE do it... likely not.

Can I imagine Kuhn Abhist doing it with a semblance of good faith.

Yes. Much more than most.

I think he loses campaigns because he is too honest.

Not to say the Democrats have lost their old grafting days rep completely.

Can I see him making an effort to rein in party corruption, enough to not lose his party?

I can see him trying hard.

Will he listen to others and not make origami in a great show of disrespect?

Yes i am sure of that.

PPP and PAD I seriously doubt will EVER find common ground.

The only two voices sounding reasonable all week have been ; DING!

General A. and kuhn Abhist interesting pair in that juxtaposition.