4wd Options - What Are The Alteratives To Pick-ups

kedawi

Like it or not the key to an effective 4X4 is ground clearance. If it sits too close to the ground it is NOT going anywhere in the mud.

Not in my book - ground clearance is best on rocky terrain but in mud you need to be able to transfer power and/or drive to the appropriate wheel.......which is one of the things I have been looking at in the 4 wd systems on locally made trucks....although the Fortuner is permanent 4WD it doesn't appear to have this or F&R locking diffs. The Mitsubishi may have a basic transfer system....but you try getting this info out of your local Thai dealership....it's normally a sales-girl with minimal training or knowledge....and my thai is not up to hi-tech discussions yet.

Edited by kedawi

what is the tax and insurance like on these? "

The tax and insurance could be 1000 baht more on one of the cars oooh.

In order to save 1000 baht on insurance you will buy

a car that is costs retail 50.000 more?

A normal person would testdrive the cars and see which

one suit him best.

You will buy a car depending on the insurance?

I still dont think you really want to buy a car, you just want somebody to talk silly stuff online with you.

Like someone said it takes 2min to check that yearly insurance info yourself instead of going to a forum and spam questions.

what is the tax and insurance like on these? "

The tax and insurance could be 1000 baht more on one of the cars oooh.

In order to save 1000 baht on insurance you will buy

a car that is costs retail 50.000 more?

A normal person would testdrive the cars and see which

one suit him best.

You will buy a car depending on the insurance?

I still dont think you really want to buy a car, you just want somebody to talk silly stuff online with you.

Like someone said it takes 2min to check that yearly insurance info yourself instead of going to a forum and spam questions.

Very obsure...what on earth are you talking about?

I've drivien most of these vehicles and know what I want, I have just found that a Discovery is 10 kper year.....A vigo is 6.4K??

the vehicles will cost is really no relevant ot me they need to be able to do what I want them to do.

the truth is that no-one can actually answer the question.

Can you clarify once and for all what you mean by tax?

Import tax or road tax? One is included in the sticker price, the other is paid annually. One is somewhere in the millions, the other is in the thousands.

If the vehicle cost is irrelevant for you, why are you asking about taxes in the first place?

The price of a vehicle is usually easy enough to find...but frankly I think the agression and insults Ive got from this post means that I won't get an answer. Way to late now...

I CAN get one by chatting away to dealers, my thai is not that good but it will suffice...i simply hoped that there was someone on this site who knew what they were talking about, rather than tell me what kind of car I SHOULD buy....as if the have the first idea what their talking about.

THanks but no thanks....now how do I unsubscribe?

Edited by kedawi

The price of a vehicle is usually easy enough to find...but frankly I think the agression and insults Ive got from this post means that I won't get an answer. Way to late now.

I CAN get one by chatting away to dealers, my thai is not that good but it will suffice...i simply hoped that there was someone on this site who knew what they were talking about, rather than tell me what kind of car I SHOULD buy....as if the have the first idea what their talking about.

Thanks but no thanks....now how do I unsubscribe?

The OP:

OK - got a bit of info about the 4WD pick-ups....so what about a recent model Landcruiser/Trooper/Pajero?

what is the tax and insurance like on these? Is it prohibitively high? you don't see that many around.

The tax is in millions. Is it prohibitely high?

the vehicles will cost is really no relevant ot me

Apparently not for you.

You won't get any large 4WD for lower than 4 million baht, RangeRover Sport is nearly 10 million. Pajero and Rangerover are sold by offical dealers, with service and everything. The rest are grey imports, though you might get better price from them, they often sell lower spec cars to stay in the market.

Satisfied?

The price of a vehicle is usually easy enough to find...but frankly I think the agression and insults Ive got from this post means that I won't get an answer. Way to late now.

Thanks but no thanks....now how do I unsubscribe?

What an unlikeable twit….

I own an imported 4x4 and know very well how much the tax is and many of the other running costs. I also looked deeply into various Landcruiser models and chose a European model in the end.

However, I see no reason why I should be charitable when you have been so consistently arrogant and impolite to many of the members who have tried to help you.

In future I suggest that when asking for advice, help or assistance with any matter you loose what ever chip it is that weighs down your personality and be thankful that other people are willing to assist in any way they can.

Better still - Unsubscribe !

OKI'm looking for a vehicle with good 4wd drive characteristics. ..

My English is fine ...maybe your comprehension was a little slow....what is loose" about this question?

I'm sorry I'm at a loss to see the relevance of your posting

If I want to take my poodle to Carrefour and believe I need a good 4wd system to do that, then it's "up to me"

the vehicles will cost is really no relevant to me

what is the tax and insurance like on these?

First you ask about 4x4 cars...

Then insulting the members trying to answer....

Then change the question to insurance costs....

Then you say the vehicle cost is irrelevant ..... :o

And you dont know how to unsubscribe.... :D

You are rude, not very bright, but amusing to observe.