Anyone Using Cat G.shdsl ?

Pdaz

Finally had got the arse with TOT so have decided a change of ISP is in order. I know there are cheaper options but what I'm interested in is speed and reliability.. Sick of TOT cutting in and out all the time.. So anybody tried the G.SHDSL 2m/2m package.. Any thoughts to it being better than regular ADSL ? I know the modem is more expensive.. CAT expect 300-800kbps from international sites and the stated 2meg for Thai sites.. Package runs at 2600 a Month which is similar in price to my TOT business gold package.. I've tried all the other TOT packs from 700 baht upwards.. None really seem to be reliable enough..

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, seems cat has lowered their prices but they are still billing me at the old price (2600+vat for 2/1 Mbps) :o

In short, reliability is excellent, they pull a dedicated cable to your house (less error prone then the existing TT&T/TOT spaghetti wiring), and in my case speeds are pretty stable at 1700 kbps down (international!).

I'm not sure why you'd go for the symmetrical package since now its about 800 Baht more expensive then the regular package, plus with the regular package you can use any standard ADSL modem.

My uploads are between 600 and 800 kbps...

Cheers

Thanks for that Monty.. Actually ''why go for the SHDSL'' is exactly the question I asked the girl at CAT.. She couldn't give me any reason..''all same'' was her answer .. According to a net search..SHDSL is meant to be 20% more efficient.. but over the Thai nework who knows... Current prices are as follows;

adsl 2m/1m - 1890

adsl 3m/1m - 2800

adsl 4m/1m - 3800

adsl 6m/1m - 5800

or

shdsl 2m/2m - 2600

Guess the greater download speed is the only difference.. Of course these speeds are for Thai based sites.. The international ones are all 300-800 kbps according to their bumpf..

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, seems cat has lowered their prices but they are still billing me at the old price (2600+vat for 2/1 Mbps) :o

In short, reliability is excellent, they pull a dedicated cable to your house (less error prone then the existing TT&T/TOT spaghetti wiring), and in my case speeds are pretty stable at 1700 kbps down (international!).

I'm not sure why you'd go for the symmetrical package since now its about 800 Baht more expensive then the regular package, plus with the regular package you can use any standard ADSL modem.

My uploads are between 600 and 800 kbps...

Cheers

Hi Monty,

You'll have to go to cat (Miss Waree) to sign the papers for the lower price.

BTW you owe me a beer for this tip.

cheers

onzestan

I would like to go to CAT to see Miss Waree, where is their office.

Thanks

Telephone building on Pattaya Thai road.

When coming from Sukhumvit its on your right hand side about 100 meters before the traffic lights at the 3rd road junction.

Good luck

onzestan

Edited by onzestan