Land Deeds, Splitting?

Hi all,

I have recently put down a deposit on 1 rai of land on koh lanta. The avilable plot is of 4rai, and i have purchased 1rai along with 3 english friends who have purchased the rest.

I have a copy of the land deed and it is registered as a 4rai plot. Is it possible to get this deed split inot 4 deeds? how would you go about it, and does anyone know the cost involved....

Am still considering the route of ownership too, i have until 10th december, when final payment is required. any suggestions? ive read loads and get more and more confused. Im at the moment thinking about leasing the land back for 30 years, with a view to gettingthe title deeds if and when the thai government decide to finaly let farang own a small plot, but this could be wishful thinking, espeically as i may want to sell the property i build at some time...

Many thanks for your time.... :o

Hi,

Am I right that you have not actually 'completed' yet and registered the land title? If you register in a Limited Company you would have big problems sub-dividing the land at my local land office in Hua Hin.

If the land is registered in a Thais name the will apply to sub-divide and you will not have any issues as Churchill says. If you have a Thai you can implicitly trust with all that land value.

I understand different land offices apply the rules in a different way. A new regulation was issued a good while back putting much tighter restrictions of foreigners sub-dividing land for real estate business, I know that is not why you are doing but they may take some convincing.

Good Luck,

Edited by Burgernev

Hi thanks for the quick reply, :o

No i have not completed yet, this will happen in december. So i guess we should contact the vendor and ask if he can get the title deed split.......? Im sure this will avoid confusion in the future, should one of us wish to sell..

Hi thanks for the quick reply, :o

No i have not completed yet, this will happen in december. So i guess we should contact the vendor and ask if he can get the title deed split.......? Im sure this will avoid confusion in the future, should one of us wish to sell..

probably the best idea to be fair mate, he'll want to charge you but it's better to pay a small premium to someone rather than have all the aggro yourselves