A Norwegian Man's Mysterious Death

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: September 3rd 2008

A NORWEGIAN MAN ‘S MYSTERIOUS DEATH

A Norwegian man was suffocated after taking some kind of mysterious medicine that his Norwegian friends gave him, in order to have an effect to stop taking addictive substance. He was immediately taken to the hospital for a check up and come home to have some rest. His wife was shocked to find him dead in bed.

At 13.00, on September 2nd, 2008, Pol.Lt.Col. Akadit Srimul, Pattaya investigator, Dongtan station, was notified that a foreigner had been dead in a room No. 1001, on the 10th floor of Jomtienthip Condominium, Jomtien beach road, Soi 7, Moo 12, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi. Police team along with Sawang Boriboon rescue rushed to investigate.

At the incident, police found a deceased body of Mr. Rune Arild Molmann (27), Norwegian, lying dead in bed. He was wearing a gray T-shirt and covered with a blanket. His body was looking very pale. Police presumed he had been dead for about 3 hours. After Examining, police found some dry marijuana on the TV shelf and 4 little glass bottles in a trash bin, which had a little portion of liquid left in the bottles. No sign of searching for property in the room or a foul play.

Miss Ampika Somjit (32), wife of the death, was crying by the side of the dear body. She told police that, four friends of Mr. Rune Arild, her husband, gave 4 small bottles of medicine, looked like morphine, to him to drink. They claimed that those medicines would help her husband to stop taking drugs. Her husband believed them and drank all of the 4 bottles. Soon after that he was suffocated and collapsing on the floor. She immediately took him to Bangkok Pattaya hospital and was advised to come home to have recovery.

Miss Ampika said she had woken up at around midday and tried to wake her husband up, but he did not respond.

Police said, after investigation, Norwegian Embassy would be informed and the body would be sent to forensic laboratory to find the real cause of the death.

Such a young man, I wonder what was in the bottles. RIP.

On a side note, when oh when will this "newspaper" get someone who is fluent in english to write these stories, I get a headache trying to dechypher what the actual story is half the time.

Such a young man, I wonder what was in the bottles. RIP.

On a side note, when oh when will this "newspaper" get someone who is fluent in english to write these stories, I get a headache trying to dechypher what the actual story is half the time.

Maybe they use the Same Staff as the Nation

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Nation-Reporting-t210356.html

On a serious note, RIP... as i am only a year younger then this man :o

Edited by Boater

I know the Thai papers do it , but does TV have to follow the same path.

Lets have some respect for the dead and remove the picture.

It's not like you can actually make out the person in the photo.....

RIP, so young, but drugs don't discriminate based on age.

If was anywhere else than Pattaya I wouldn't suspect 'foul play'.

Small bottles of liquid to help a drug addiction sounds like he was given methodone, BKK Pattaya Hosp will hand this stuff out on request in large quantities, I know this not through personal experience but by seeing a close friend try and kick a heroin habbit.

A very sad waste of a life