Who Has Ever Got This 365 Days Extention

thaivisa.com/extensions/extension-based-on-support-of-a-child.html‏

................................................................................

I hope somebody can help us:

I live together with a thai girl and we do have two children. ( Not married )

The children do have my name and my name is in both birthcertificates.

I do have a non immigrant O valid until 27. Oktober 2008. I will be 50 years some days before.

I was already in Bangkok Immigration for information but they do not speak with me.

In Pattaya immigration the man says, I should have a paper from a Thai court.

http://www.thaivisa.com/extensions/extensi...ild.html‏

says I need:

1. Application form

2. Copy of the proof of relationship (Birth Certificate, or other papers issued by official organizations or government agencies

3. Letter from the district office confirming you are the parent.

4. Government fee of bt1900

5. It is also advisable to have the mother and child accompany you to immigration in case more information from them is needed.

ad 1, where can I get this applcation form pls ?

ad 2, I do have birth certificate, is this o.k. ? And a lot of papers from the german gouvernment, as the children have german AND thai passports.

ad 3, nobody knows the "district office". The officer in Pattaya says, first I must contact a lawjer (pay him big money ) who will do this for me.

But why I can not go to this district office myself and pls WHERE is this district office ?

Do I have to show MONEY ? All the "other falang" show 800.000. Do I have to do the same or could be 400.000 o.k. or even nothing ?

Thank you for help ;-)

There is no such active provision as in title - only those who have been using that can continue. Once you are age 50 you can apply to live with a child (no support required) but if child is under age (can not legally sign that they want you to live with them) extra paperwork is required.

There is no such active provision as in title - only those who have been using that can continue. Once you are age 50 you can apply to live with a child (no support required) but if child is under age (can not legally sign that they want you to live with them) extra paperwork is required.
If you are under 50 and your partner legally awards sole custody of the children to you, then it is also possible. I have a friend who divorced his wife, who then signed over custody of the child; he has an extension based on supporting his child (I think 7.17). If you are living with your partner, this may be difficult to do if you cannot use the 'over 50' loophole.

<LI>Letter from the district office confirming you are the parent.

The district office in Chonburi said "NO NO". Your child must be minimum 5 years old. As my children are under 4 and under 1 years old I do not get the "Letter from the district office confirming you are the papa"

They smile and say: ... we know, you need it for your visa...

WHAT I do now ? A lawjer can do for me and wants only 50.000 Bath. But my "friend" knows a lawjer who only needs 20.000 Bath.

any ideas ?

An important question will be if you have legitimized the child. (recognized the child as yours before the law). Under Thai law the fact that you are named on the birt certificate itself would not be enough. You would also had to be the one who registered the child.

Article 1547 of the Thai Civil Code states:

"A child born of the parents who are not married to each other is legitimated by the subsequent marriage of the parents, or by registration made on application by the father, or by a judgment of the Court."

Maybe contact isaan lawyers, one of the forum sponsers with excellent knowledge about Thai family law.

• 2 months later...
An important question will be if you have legitimized the child. (recognized the child as yours before the law). Under Thai law the fact that you are named on the birt certificate itself would not be enough. You would also had to be the one who registered the child.

Article 1547 of the Thai Civil Code states:

"A child born of the parents who are not married to each other is legitimated by the subsequent marriage of the parents, or by registration made on application by the father, or by a judgment of the Court."

Maybe contact isaan lawyers, one of the forum sponsers with excellent knowledge about Thai family law.

Now we have a lawyer. Not one of the forum sponsers. He took the money about some weeks ago and we wait. :o He told us, we have an appointment in the court in CHONBURI on 27. March 2008. They make a VERY BIG STORY , want to see pictures 7 years back, where we go, why and with who. I feel treated like a crininal. And I must bringt several THAI people to confirm the story. Now I understand why the bars are full of thousands and thousands of ladies, having a child and the husband is gone.

My 60 days visa EXTENTION expires on 27.12.2007. :D

I did try to register the child, but Chonburi not want. They say, the child must be older. The girl is 3 and the boy some months only. No registration possible.

:D Why you not go home in your country and wait there ?

Edited by prinzregent

OK, this has my attention as this new law which came out 25th November but is currently being translated as we type mentions this extension with a child but does not mention an age. As I'm under 40 it is very significant to me.

So, can we go through this and see if we all understand what needs to be done because a lengthy debate in the Family forum some months ago did not reach a 100% resolution. Let us work through my case.

Daughter born July 2007

Parents together since 2005 but not married

Father UK passport (English), mother Thai

Child has UK and Thai passports

Father is named as father on birth certificate

Child's surname is the same as the father's surname on birth certificate and in both passports

Father is under 50 years old

Father has a multiple entry non immigrant "B" visa

So, let us work through a few scenarios.

Scenario 1.

First, they drop the age requirement. What is this legitimisation of the child ? If required, where do you obtain it and what paperwork do you need to prepare beforehand ? (I know Mario and I have conversed before on this but it is more critical now).

Does someone know the flowchart to this process from start to end (getting extension) ?

Scenario 2.

The father is over 50 years old but cannot avail himself of the retirement visa stipulations.

Scenario 3 & 4

As per scenarios 1 and 2 but the parents are married

Edited by torrenova

Daughter born July 2007

Child's surname is the same as the father's surname on birth certificate and in both passports

My own experience

parents together but not married ( both from europe with european passeports)

child ( 3 and 5 years) european passports

birth certificate shows both parents name.

father under 50

father had a multiple non b visa

I went to immigration and get an educational visa for my kids and 2 non O for parents for 1 year ( 15months because we just arrived from a trip and remained 3 months on the non :o

I had to show 500k for more than 3 months for both parents at my siam account.

30 minutes to get the 4 visa at Phuket immigration no hassle very easy .

Edited by scalper

OK, this has my attention as this new law which came out 25th November but is currently being translated as we type mentions this extension with a child but does not mention an age. As I'm under 40 it is very significant to me.

So, can we go through this and see if we all understand what needs to be done because a lengthy debate in the Family forum some months ago did not reach a 100% resolution. Let us work through my case.

Daughter born July 2007

Scenario 1.

First, they drop the age requirement. What is this legitimisation of the child ? If required, where do you obtain it and what paperwork do you need to prepare beforehand ? (I know Mario and I have conversed before on this but it is more critical now).

Does someone know the flowchart to this process from start to end (getting extension) ?

Scenario 2.

The father is over 50 years old but cannot avail himself of the retirement visa stipulations.

Scenario 3 & 4

As per scenarios 1 and 2 but the parents are married

The OP for this topic has a long history of trying to get an extension. Pattaya said no and wanted him to have sole custody in order to get an extension. He went to Bangkok and they said they would give him and extension if he lived in Bangkok. That is because he had proof that he was living with the mother. So he is now in the process of getting sole custody.

The new rules from what I have seen leave it up to the immigration office. I think if you were to go to an immigration office with proof that you are living together as a family you might get it with out sole custody. But not in Pattaya unless they change their policy.

Do you know another country where some local tin pot honcho can interpret the rules wrongly and basically say that if you don't like it, piss off ? Africa maybe but ....

Looks like I'll be on the phone to Korat on Monday ! (live in Pattaya, Buriram and Bangkok but perhaps Korat (120km from Buriram) will be the easiest place).

Edited by torrenova

I would try Bangkok first. If you can show an address in Bangkok you can get the extension from all reports I have seen but be prepared to show income or money in Bank.

I can tell you a country that is a lot worse than here. That would be Venezuela. I have waited months before trying to get an extension with no passport because it had go in with the application. And then got passport back with no extension.

Edited by ubonjoe