Advice Please...

Hi all,

I need to know if there is a quick answer to my question.

I need to send some money to Thiland in January 2009 to pay for my wedding and "show" the family etc the "sin sod" which will be about 1m baht, i need to transfer the money to Thailand and then try and send it back to the uk 3 days later.

I can only see problems and hassle with doing this, any advice please?

Hold on.... you want to send 1 million THB for ' Sin Sod ' and then transfer the money back???

Quick question, is it your bank account in Thailand you are sending the money?????... if not i would not even send the money!!!!!!!... i have been here for 4 years, and have seen this Con about 10-14 times with different amounts of money

Sorry to seem negative, but as above have seen this to many times, as 'Sin Sod ' is generally never returned and also only about 200 K max..........

Hold on.... you want to send 1 million THB for ' Sin Sod ' and then transfer the money back???

Quick question, is it your bank account in Thailand you are sending the money?????... if not i would not even send the money!!!!!!!... i have been here for 4 years, and have seen this Con about 10-14 times with different amounts of money

Sorry to seem negative, but as above have seen this to many times, as 'Sin Sod ' is generally never returned and also only about 200 K max..........

Thats ok, i am one of the biggest sceptics out there!!! We are actually already married but we want to have the ceremony in Thailand in January, yes i have my own bank account in Thailand.

I will get the whole 1million back as i have agreed to give her family 300k which is seperate to the 1m.

I`m just not keen on paying say 59 baht in the pound to get the money out there and then getting stuffed to get the money back.

Thats ok, i am one of the biggest sceptics out there!!! We are actually already married but we want to have the ceremony in Thailand in January, yes i have my own bank account in Thailand.

I will get the whole 1million back as i have agreed to give her family 300k which is seperate to the 1m.

I`m just not keen on paying say 59 baht in the pound to get the money out there and then getting stuffed to get the money back.

Ok sounds good to me..... just did not want to see another ferang getting roobed of his money.... :o

Hi all,

I need to send some money to Thiland in January 2009 to pay for my wedding and "show" the family etc the "sin sod" which will be about 1m baht, i need to transfer the money to Thailand and then try and send it back to the uk 3 days later.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Baht-St...as-t205433.html

Take a look at the dollar idea, but january is a long way off concerning exchange rate's as only 2 month's ago the pound was getting 66 baht.

Not so sure about sending it back to UK, i only enquired at my Bangkok bank & i got some very weired questions, i know they don't like it going out like they love it coming in so check with your bank on limits etc.

Shaun

you can open a foreign currency deposit account in thailand so you can avoid the currency conversion from pount to baht and back again. only problem is your passbook would show the numbers in pounds which might not look too big for the family's egos :o

Hi all,

OH MY GOD, DONT DO IT, PLEASE I BEG YOU.

Hi all,

Reason being?

Hi all,

will you be present in january? if yes, bring the money in cash. don't forget to declare it when you leave UK and when entering Thailand. when the ceremony is over, pocket the dough -if you have that chance- :o and take it back. as simple as that.

Ok sounds good to me..... just did not want to see another ferang getting roobed of his money.... :o

I must be pretty thick........ still don´t understand why you want to send across a million, give the family 300K and then send the rest back again. Is it to impress????? (not meant negatively!)

I must be pretty thick........ still don´t understand why you want to send across a million, give the family 300K and then send the rest back again. Is it to impress????? (not meant negatively!)

In a nut shell... Yes, not that i`m bothered either way..... If i`m honest i would prefer not to do this but you know the thais and the "face" factor.

Hi all,

Since the Family only wants to *see* the Sinsod months in advance.......

Just send a picture of the $$$

Keep the real money with you. I noticed you said they will *try* to send it back in 3 days :o

Hi all,

Keep the real money with you. I noticed you said they will *try* to send it back in 3 days :o

Hi all,

How about a pocket full of of MONOPOLY money Would thay know it wasent Euro's if its just for Show 5000 Euro bills lovely.

On a serious note. You payed 300K that is a lot of dosh for some folks I would leave It at that say it's too difficult to move it about. TAX Evasion Questions dont want tax man on your back

Sorry about double post

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone who asks for advice on Thaivisa EVER takes it 'cos, the best advice is (as written '000 times before) DO NOT CONSIDER DOING IT -- YOU RISK LOSING THE LOT. Even 59 to the quid is far better than 0 . If you intend paying monthly "spends" - pocket money - helping nong sow, pa, mae and the entire family in future, just up that offer a little. In my experience sin sod is rarely returned to foreigners. GOOD LUCK

How about a pocket full of of MONOPOLY money Would thay know it wasent Euro's if its just for Show 5000 Euro bills lovely.

On a serious note. You payed 300K that is a lot of dosh for some folks I would leave It at that say it's too difficult to move it about. TAX Evasion Questions dont want tax man on your back

Sorry about double post

Hi all,

Anyone that gives that sum money should not worry about Pounds to Baht. I do not believe you If you are tell the truth what drugs do you take?

Hi all,

Where have i said that the family want to see the money months in advance???

You said that you have an account in thailand and also you said that you will get the whole mill back after the ceremony which makes one thinking that you are not going to use your account when sending it over. In this case I have to join those who think you dont need to consider the exchange rate at all. If you use your account and declare the purpose properly there is no problem to send it back to your likeness. But really man you dont sound like a sceptic at all.

Hi all,

In answer to your question - leaving the should/or should not to you - when you remit the funds in, ask the bank to provide a certifcate verifying your incoming funds, and the same document will be required as evidence when you send the funds out. The only alternative to this is when you have income earnings in Thailand and then the pay slip or similar will be needed.

Hi all,

Just send a picture of the $$

Where have i said that the family want to see the money months in advance???

Sorry perhaps I misunderstood when you said

and "show" the family etc the "sin sod"

Also when you asked now about a wedding in January I thought you were asking in advance.

Sorry carry on & Chok Dee :D