Mosquitos

Bergener

buggery in the morning!!

Not a nice place to be "in the morning" :o

Would the Boots Cream helped then ?

Seriously though, Roll On deoderant works well, as long as the actice constituant is Aluminium Thyosulphate.

As far as a repellant, The good old Rid or Aeroguard Tropical is the best, the active constituant there is something called D.E.E.T, look for that and it will make you invisible to the mossies. I think DEET is for Di-Ethyl-Ethyl-Toluine or something like that.

Slapping on generous amounts of Buffalo Manure may also work. :D

I'm in kalasin now.... and I'm being eaten alive... 

I'm on the hunt for one of those zapper tennis raquet thingeys, can't find em though... I'm "itching" to get my revenge 

totster 

They are on Special at Tesco in Suphan at the moment 98 Baht, don't know how far that is from you .....

Edited by mattnich

I agree the squitos here are indeed very smart torpedo bombers. Heck I just go to the bathroom, and zooooom one goes by in front of my eyes and it comes back in stealth mode. By the time I get done and get out, I already got zapped quietly and effectively mind you.

In America, when those squitos start to bite you , you can most of the time feel that bite and zap it dead on your body. Here if they sense you are about to zap them to oblivion, they vamoosh out and are gone by the time you hit your body.

That is why I am say they are indeed smart. Coils are effective but up to a point. Best is to find that Anti- repellant, and make sure it is loaded up with DEET. If you are smelling like toledo your guaranteed to be never attacked but don't bend over unless you have your target off center.

One thing I did notice here tho, electricity for some reason repels them outright, but it sure does attract the ants by the hundreds of thousands.

So figure that out?????????

Daveup

Dave

These raquet zappers, do they have an English brand name?

And made in LoS? :o

Could someone post a pic?

TIA.

Mine has "Electronic Mosquito Trap" embossed on both sides of the handle and has the name "Little Angel" written very small at the top of the handle - where the little light comes on when you push the button on the handle to "electrify" it.

I agree the squitos here are indeed very smart torpedo bombers.  Heck I just go to the bathroom, and zooooom one goes by in front of my eyes and it comes back in stealth mode.  By the time I get done and get out, I already got zapped quietly and effectively mind you. 

One thing I did notice here tho, electricity for some reason repels them outright, but it sure does attract the ants by the hundreds of thousands.

So figure that out?????????

Daveup

Dave

Dave, I've found lathering up my hand with soap in the bathroom proves more successful at hand-swatting mozzies. They either stick to the soap or if you just clip them, then they'll fall spinning to the floor like a downed messerschmidt. :o

I think the ants may be attracted to the dead mozzies carcasses or remains on the zappers.