90 Day Reporting

The piece of paper stuck in my passport says that i last reported on 20th June 2008 and that i should report again on 18th September 2008.

However, i left the country for a week last week and returned on Monday 1st September. My question is, when do i have to report? On 18th September, as it says on the piece of paper stuck in my passport, or 90 days from my return date?

Its pretty confusing as that was the first time in 7 years of staying here that i hadnt been out of the country in such a preiod.

My next question would be, if i now dont have to report until 30 days after my return to Thailand date (1st September in this case) can i rip that annoying piece of paper out of my passport and throw it away?

P.S. note to mods, try doing a search for 90 day reporting. Cant do it as 2 of the words are 3 letters or less. Silly rule in my opinion.

Due 90 days from return. You should keep the paper so that know you have reported previously - they will see your arrival stamp and ignore the date on paper (or they should).

Agree with 'lopburi3', but my wife and I recently renewed our 90 days on the same basis as above; we had visited the UK for a few weeks and thus our '90 day date' had been pushed forward, because of the fact that we had a new date of re-entry along with or multiple re-entry visa, so no problems ! Whilst sitting waiting for our passports to be restamped I happend to read a notice that had been stuck to the desk in the 90 day reporting office which read that "If you move out of the area in which you are registered as resident for more than 24 hours, you must report to the local police station in the area in which you have moved too or are visiting", surely, this is nonesense, otherwise we would all have to be running around like headless chickens every time that we go away for a few days outside the area in which we live! Anybody come across this being implemented?

The piece of paper stuck in my passport says that i last reported on 20th June 2008 and that i should report again on 18th September 2008.

However, i left the country for a week last week and returned on Monday 1st September. My question is, when do i have to report? On 18th September, as it says on the piece of paper stuck in my passport, or 90 days from my return date?

Its pretty confusing as that was the first time in 7 years of staying here that i hadnt been out of the country in such a preiod.

My next question would be, if i now dont have to report until 30 days after my return to Thailand date (1st September in this case) can i rip that annoying piece of paper out of my passport and throw it away?

P.S. note to mods, try doing a search for 90 day reporting. Cant do it as 2 of the words are 3 letters or less. Silly rule in my opinion.

If it's your departure slip youre contemplating throwing out, don't, You'll pay a fine next time you try to leave.

If it's your departure slip youre contemplating throwing out, don't, You'll pay a fine next time you try to leave.

HorseDoc

Looks to me like he's referring to the "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION" for his last 90-day report, NOT the "departure card" often stapled in your passport on arrival.

In any case, loosing your "departure card" does not result in a fine in my experience, just a delay. If you lose your's best to go down to Immigration someplace and get a replacement, which is a new card with the TM number scratched out and the old number written in its place. I normally scan or xerox my Departure card so I have the TM number handy, also write it down in my notebook. On a couple of occasions I've lost my Departure card and just written the TM number myself on one of the Arrival/Departure cards I keep as spares. Hasn't been a problem.

Mac