Andorra Vs. England

R123

I notice in True Schedule for 1.00am Sunday morning, channel 61 the Andorra match is scheduled "live"....

So are we in for another Community Shiled fiasco or if its' actually shown is it worth viewing it with English players( some would say) who are not bothered?!

the pubs have it down for 1am,but why would you bother watching england,such a crap team!

Because being born in England means weve been given a life sentence of watching them.

They were not very good again, apart from the brilliance of Joe Cole, lets hope Downing never plays for England again.

Although Englands performance wasn't a classic. But it's always hard breaking down teams who put 11 men behind the ball and who's only objective is damage limitation. Job done.

Yes,they got the result but Croatia away midweek......I'd definitely settle for a draw there.

I think we'll have a better idea if its "New England" or "Same Old England" after that match. :o

No way would I have stayed up till 4am to watch England play......those days are long gone, and I fear never to return.

I did not expect much more than 2-0 against a bunch of part timers and very lower league pros.

A Disappointment .........that's how I sum Englland up......it's a shame ..we just don't have the quality anymore.

Must be even worse if you are a Scotland fan though.....I rememeber when the team was more or less made up of either Celtic or Rangers players with the odd super star playing in England thrown in (Law, Dalgliesh etc), but now it's made up of manylower league English based players....how can their fans really expect much either ??

It's all about MONEY , once more, too many foreign players in both the SPL and the EPL, it is definatley now the case that if you want to watch good football, go to a club game not an International.

Rant mode off

No way would I have stayed up till 4am to watch England play......those days are long gone, and I fear never to return.

I did not expect much more than 2-0 against a bunch of part timers and very lower league pros.

A Disappointment .........that's how I sum Englland up......it's a shame ..we just don't have the quality anymore.

Must be even worse if you are a Scotland fan though.....I rememeber when the team was more or less made up of either Celtic or Rangers players with the odd super star playing in England thrown in (Law, Dalgliesh etc), but now it's made up of manylower league English based players....how can their fans really expect much either ??

It's all about MONEY , once more, too many foreign players in both the SPL and the EPL, it is definatley now the case that if you want to watch good football, go to a club game not an International.

Rant mode off

I am confused mate, your first sentence says you didnt watch it and yet your second says you are are disappointed with the result.

I actually watched the game and it could have easily been 5-0. Yes it's Andorra but I think there is alot more disappointment in France following the weekend's action than in England.

I although the score was 2-0 i was not disappointed with the performance, as others have said it could have been 5-0, and England had like 95% of possession, Andorra made no attempt to play a game of football.

What do you expect England to do? Throw 10 players forward with reckless abandon, just so that can run up a pointless scoreline?

I also took encouragement that Capello was able to see the problem, and made adjustments which paid off.

The score was less than last times 3-0, i feel the overall performance was better. Last time I was seriously concerned that Andorra might hold on for a draw; this time it was clear there was only going to be 1 winner.

One thing i can't stand was the number of deep diagonal balls into the box which almost always went out for a goal kick. Capello should ban anyone from playing this kind of wasteful ball.

Especially Downing, we all know he can beat players, get to the touchline and put in great crosses, so why on earth did he keep putting in balls from 40 yards out? (I guess that's why he didn't start the second half)

Rant mode off

thats such a shit attitude to have. Its not just about searching for good football, if you want that, then yes, be a glory supporter. Its different with national teams, its about pride and supporting your own country. Thats the problem with too many England fans, always negative, always moaning.... ok, yeh, maybe that shows passion....but there's plenty of countries in the world that have never won any honours... you don't see them continually moaning like England fans (England fans are even moaning when we've won)....no, they continue supporting with pride and passion in their homeland...think of teams like Russia or many African nations that have never won anything but still continue to support their counrty. To say you have given up watching and supporting England because they never win is the wrong way to look at things.

didn't expect anything else to be honest. england just aren't as good as they think they are or as talented as the media makes them out to be. i'd like to see croatia give them a footballing lesson on wednesday.

I would expect these kind of comments from a Gunners' fan but not Liverpool, or is that without StevieG in the lineup, StevieH does like them anymore? :o

I would expect these kind of comments from a Gunners' fan but not Liverpool, or is that without StevieG in the lineup, StevieH does like them anymore? :o

i haven't really liked or enjoyed watching england since about 1996 james and liverpool comes first by absolutely miles ahead of international football. the england national side is more of a soap opera than a professional sporting operation, something that starts right at the top with the FA, and there seems to be a mentality that because the players are the highest-paid in the world and the premiership is the richest league in the world that this should somehow translate into world cups and european championships. but it doesn't work that way does it? so it always ends up with a collection of overpaid hello magazine bentley driving arrogant idiots accompanied by their nauseating vaccuous greedy 'WAGs' trotting around the globe trotting out excuses. only this time with an extremely talented italian at the top wondering what he's gotten himself into rather than the bizarre brolly-brandishing clearly out of his depth plonker who previously had the job.

sorry, don't know what got into me there. i meant of course, go on blighty, stick it to them what what, tally ho, let's bring home the jules rimet for queen, country and gordon brown. bloody embarrassing farce it is from top to bottom. :D

i'd like to see croatia give them a footballing lesson on wednesday.

Are you really English or an immigrant from Eastern Europe? Can't tell anymore, in this country.

Can't understand your type, who don't get behind the team. The job was done and next we have to play Croatia, a tough game and a different strategy will be needed.

i haven't really liked or enjoyed watching england since about 1996 james and liverpool comes first by absolutely miles ahead of international football. the england national side is more of a soap opera than a professional sporting operation, something that starts right at the top with the FA, and there seems to be a mentality that because the players are the highest-paid in the world and the premiership is the richest league in the world that this should somehow translate into world cups and european championships. but it doesn't work that way does it? so it always ends up with a collection of overpaid hello magazine bentley driving arrogant idiots accompanied by their nauseating vaccuous greedy 'WAGs' trotting around the globe trotting out excuses. only this time with an extremely talented italian at the top wondering what he's gotten himself into rather than the bizarre brolly-brandishing clearly out of his depth plonker who previously had the job.

sorry, don't know what got into me there. i meant of course, go on blighty, stick it to them what what, tally ho, let's bring home the jules rimet for queen, country and gordon brown. bloody embarrassing farce it is from top to bottom. :D

Ok there Stevie, easy now...easy. :D I would say that Friendlies are the biggest waste of time in the world.

Rant mode off

thats such a shit attitude to have. Its not just about searching for good football, if you want that, then yes, be a glory supporter. Its different with national teams, its about pride and supporting your own country. Thats the problem with too many England fans, always negative, always moaning.... ok, yeh, maybe that shows passion....but there's plenty of countries in the world that have never won any honours... you don't see them continually moaning like England fans (England fans are even moaning when we've won)....no, they continue supporting with pride and passion in their homeland...think of teams like Russia or many African nations that have never won anything but still continue to support their counrty. To say you have given up watching and supporting England because they never win is the wrong way to look at things.

Your second post and you say I have a shit attitude, don't think you are gonna be around these parts to much longer pal :o

As you are no doubt still wet behind the ears in matters of football, let me clarify my post.

These days club football is far more important than international football, sice 1996 when England reached the semi-finals of the European Championships (albeit on home soil) the English game has been raidly going downhill...I actually went to see Sven's first game in charge as it happens at Villa Park against Spain)...the reason is that we just don't produce enough home grown talent, and the ones that we DO produce just don't seem to have the passion that was abundant in the 90's.....remember Italy ...Gazza's passion.

It's just not there anymore, with the worload these guys have I can understand how difficult it is. 20 years ago if England were playing everything stopped...now days many football fans would rarther be somewhere else than watching England play, and I certainly would stay up till 4am to watch them, but I would if it was my club team...who incidently are not an EPL club...anymore.....unfortunatley.

You go on to talk about how lucky we are ad that teams from Africa and Uzbekistan or wherever won't get the chance to win anything...don't you realise that WE invented the bluddy game and have the BIGGEST and MOST watched league in the world, so don't you think we SHOULD be pretty good at it?

I am not complaning about the result, I did not watch the game because I am not as interested n how England do anymore, I don't want to get myself worked up about something I have no influence over, sure I will swithch on the Computer and look for the result...will be the fist thing I do the morning after they have played...but EVERY TIME I read what is written in the press it's disappointing, we have either won badly or lost. :D

If the current England were a club side they would be horrifically disappointing underachievers for sure !! But what value would they collectively be woth ...200m maybe? and they can only beat a group of part timers 2-0 !!

didn't expect anything else to be honest. england just aren't as good as they think they are or as talented as the media makes them out to be. i'd like to see croatia give them a footballing lesson on wednesday.

I don't think anyone in England thinks they are good anymore, and the media certainly is not raving about their talent.

England will be lucky to get away with a point.

But I sense England are better than last time, and will have a much better balanced team on Wed.

As an Englishman I'd be more than happy to see a bore draw, ideally 0-0.

I don't think anyone in England thinks they are good anymore, and the media certainly is not raving about their talent.

But I sense England are better than last time, and will have a much better balanced team on Wed.

i think plenty of people still expect england to go out and roll teams over, and to win tournaments, and it's generally based on an over jingoistic tabloid media getting carried away with flag-waving and the overhyped, overpaid premier league. that said though, the more sensible english journalists are now starting to query where it all went wrong with this so-called golden generation, and why players like rooney, gerrard and lampard are incapable of duplicating their club form for the national side.

i can well see capello setting england up for a point in zagreb and getting it. not sure how balanced he'll go though to be honest, but i'll be impressed if he persists with the lively walcott on the right.

i think plenty of people still expect england to go out and roll teams over, and to win tournaments, and it's generally based on an over jingoistic tabloid media getting carried away with flag-waving and the overhyped, overpaid premier league. that said though, the more sensible english journalists are now starting to query where it all went wrong with this so-called golden generation, and why players like rooney, gerrard and lampard are incapable of duplicating their club form for the national side.

i can well see capello setting england up for a point in zagreb and getting it. not sure how balanced he'll go though to be honest, but i'll be impressed if he persists with the lively walcott on the right.

Overhyped premier league? You mean the one that had 4 English teams in the final four was it of the Champions League - including your team stevie?

Good point, well made bkkjames :o

Give me enough cracks at this and sooner or later I will say something moderately on topic, to the point and perhaps, just perhaps, something that a die-hard scousers would agree....

Then again, they probably don't remember be in the Champions League last year so I forgive Stevie Wonder for his transgression.

Overhyped premier league? You mean the one that had 4 English teams in the final four was it of the Champions League - including your team stevie?

overhyped in relation to the performance of the england national team james, yeah, absolutely. richest league in the world, highest paid players in the world, best marketed league in the world, granted. so how come england are still crap while other much smaller footballing nations flourish in competitive international football?

overhyped in relation to the performance of the england national team james, yeah, absolutely. richest league in the world, highest paid players in the world, best marketed league in the world, granted. so how come england are still crap while other much smaller footballing nations flourish in competitive international football?

Quite simply because to have the best league in the world we need the best players...and unfotunatley most of them are not English.

So we can't have our cake and eat it can we? :o

Other countries (Germany for instance) do not have anywhere near the amount of Foreigners in the Bundersleague (or whatever its called) therefore home grown talent shines through....ditto for Cameroon, Brazil, Japan, Argentina...et al.

How many English Internationals ply their trade abroad? Yet you look at the teamsheets of other countries and most of their top players are playing in England :D

So until there is a limit on the amount of foreigners any team can play with England will never be as good as we once were...IMHO that is :D