Marriage/support Visa

I need to get a new visa.

I was here on non-B which expired.

At moment I only have a 30 day visa exempt stamp from border entry and am planning to go to Laos in October to apply there - either for a two month or double entry tourist visa.

I want to then make this into a yearly permit based on support of Thai wife and child.

Would I be better taking an 'O' visa in Laos on the basis of marriage certificate? Will this be simple to obtain or would it be easier to get the Tourist visa and then go with the TM 7 form to immigration here in Chiang Mai?

I'm presuming it cannot be done without a proper visa in the passport now.

Also am meeting the support requirements on the basis of Thai bank accounts with 40,000 baht per month. Does this have to be deposited as a single lump sum or are the looking to see that the balance is 40,000 and up each month?

Is the financial side needed to show the Thai immigration in Thailand or for settting the visa in Laos?

You can get a non-O visa based on marriage to a Thai. You will need to show a copy of the mariage certificate and a letter from your wife asking for a vis for you would also be handy, together with a copy of her ID card.

This will get you 90 days of stay. During the last 30 days of your permission of stay you can apply for an extension of stay at an immigration office. This requires some more paperwork. You will need to show an income of 40,000, the marriage pappers, a map to the house, pictures of you together with your family etc. Your wife need to be present when applying formextension. Best caal the immigration office to see what they want, each office has a bit different rules.

Regarding your income. The rule is 40,000 baht per month. This can be your income, your wife's income or a

combination of both. For the income that is earned in Thailand, they ant to see the Thai tax-papers showing the income. For income from abroad you have to go to your embassy and ask for a statement regarding your income. Call your embassy what they accept as proof.

You can convert your visa exempt entry into a non-immigrant visa if you have more than 21 days left of permission to stay.

I need to get a new visa.

I was here on non-B which expired.

At moment I only have a 30 day visa exempt stamp from border entry and am planning to go to Laos in October to apply there - either for a two month or double entry tourist visa.

I want to then make this into a yearly permit based on support of Thai wife and child.

Would I be better taking an 'O' visa in Laos on the basis of marriage certificate? Will this be simple to obtain or would it be easier to get the Tourist visa and then go with the TM 7 form to immigration here in Chiang Mai?

I'm presuming it cannot be done without a proper visa in the passport now.

Also am meeting the support requirements on the basis of Thai bank accounts with 40,000 baht per month. Does this have to be deposited as a single lump sum or are the looking to see that the balance is 40,000 and up each month?

Is the financial side needed to show the Thai immigration in Thailand or for settting the visa in Laos?

The requirement is 40,000 Baht a month INCOME. Not money in bank.

You need a letter from your Embassy verifying your INCOME if from abroad.

If from Thailand you need record of income tax payments.

It can also be your Wifes income OR both of you together.

loveandlaughter, the income can be yours – also earned abroad – or your wife’s income or a combination of both.

Should you have difficulty with this income requirement try an extension to live with Thai child, if your child has Thai nationality. Some immigration offices are not very familiar with this relatively new type of extension and may give you grief.

--

Maestro

loveandlaughter, the income can be yours – also earned abroad – or your wife’s income or a combination of both.

Should you have difficulty with this income requirement try an extension to live with Thai child, if your child has Thai nationality. Some immigration offices are not very familiar with this relatively new type of extension and may give you grief.

--

Maestro

As Is the case with most members, he does not give any information in his profile.

So we do not know his age.

He has to be over 50 to get the extension to live with his Thai Child.