Honda Phantom Search.....help

Nhscotsman

I have noted the same thing and speculated on it occasionally. I think that since the pricing of motorcycles is somewhat fixed, making money with a dealership has to do with inventory and overhead, ergo the reason these shops are small with a very limited selection. You will probably find that a dealership is required to have a minimum count, not a minimum value, and the natural response would be to buy the cheapest models for flooring. I have seen very few phantoms in stock in my wanderings.

Having said that, I have been half in the market for a few new ones and keeping my eyes open for any shop that might carry one. I have run across a few and will take a look for you to see if they are still around. We also have some Phantoms with extremely low mileage (under 5000 kilometers) that are reasonably priced.

Hi,

Does anyone know of a dealer in Bangkok that has a new Honda Phantom for sale now. I have looked everywhere and no one has one. You have to order one to get one and I am shocked as popular as they are, no one has one for sale.

Thanks,

Nhscotsman

How long does it take with an order? The Honda garages seem to work together and if you are buying they should be able to find a bike for you. But if all you want to do is look at at one, then they are not going to be too helpful.

Here out in the sticks Honda takes three days to deliver from BKK. In BKK itself they should not take longer than a day.

I have noted the same thing and speculated on it occasionally. I think that since the pricing of motorcycles is somewhat fixed, making money with a dealership has to do with inventory and overhead, ergo the reason these shops are small with a very limited selection. You will probably find that a dealership is required to have a minimum count, not a minimum value, and the natural response would be to buy the cheapest models for flooring. I have seen very few phantoms in stock in my wanderings.

Having said that, I have been half in the market for a few new ones and keeping my eyes open for any shop that might carry one. I have run across a few and will take a look for you to see if they are still around. We also have some Phantoms with extremely low mileage (under 5000 kilometers) that are reasonably priced.

I have even looked for low mileage ones too, but because I can't find a new one, I will probably just buy a new Yamaha Nouvo, I am tall (6'4") and thought the bigger bike might be more comfy for me, but considering I can't even find one to sit on, let alone buy, I figured to hel_l with it and if I can't find one in the next week here in Bangkok, I'll be headed with my 55,000 baht to the local Yamaha shop for a new motorbike to ride around on.

I have lived here in Thailand for awhile and I truly love this country and its people, but the salesmen here really do amaze me. They have the poorest selling skills and beliefs I have ever seen anywhere in the world. Trying to buy anything here is always a chore!

If anyone knows of a dealer with a new Honda Phantom or a really good Yamaha dealer in Bangkok. let me know, ok.

Thanks,

Nhscotsman

Hi,

Does anyone know of a dealer in Bangkok that has a new Honda Phantom for sale now. I have looked everywhere and no one has one. You have to order one to get one and I am shocked as popular as they are, no one has one for sale.

Thanks,

Nhscotsman

How long does it take with an order? The Honda garages seem to work together and if you are buying they should be able to find a bike for you. But if all you want to do is look at at one, then they are not going to be too helpful.

Here out in the sticks Honda takes three days to deliver from BKK. In BKK itself they should not take longer than a day.

The ones I have spoken too here in Bangkok have all said the same thing "Give us the $90,000 baht and we'll try and get you one". I don't think so! I even looked in Trat last weekend and they too said....Can't find one! The used ones I have looked at were junk, so that's not going to be an option at all. In the USA, if you went looking for a bike and they didn't have it, other dealers would find out and you would have 20 of them calling you trying to sell what they had. I had a Toyota dealer last week call me here in Rama 2, he had heard from a dealer in Rama 4 that I was looking for a 4 door 4x4 Black pickup truck and he wanted to know if he could sell me something he had. He didn't have what I wanted (Black 4x4), but maybe the Honda dealers should learn from the Toyota dealers. They might sell more bikes. Thanks for the comments though.

Nhscotsman

but maybe the Honda dealers should learn from the Toyota dealers. They might sell more bikes. Thanks for the comments though.

Nhscotsman

And Yamaha and Suzuki.

Maybe they should put the girls on commission, then they might pull themselves away from the desk and deal with the customer. I also wish that they would put prices on the bikes in the showrooms.

I guess with the Phantom they are concerned that you might not buy the bike, or even turn up at the shop again, so then they would have to send it back again. If you are really going to buy a Phantom, then I can't see the problem with dropping a 10,000 Baht deposit and then paying the rest later.

They just want some assurance that you are serious and not just wasting their time and money.

In all businesses in thailand they dont have sales people, they have order takers, its diabolical,,.MP in pattaya do have one on the floor for sale, im sure if you go in there and jump up and down waving the cash one of the staff may stop eating/squezing spots/sleeping and come and serve you, possibly ! :o

In all businesses in thailand they dont have sales people, they have order takers, its diabolical,,.MP in pattaya do have one on the floor for sale, im sure if you go in there and jump up and down waving the cash one of the staff may stop eating/squezing spots/sleeping and come and serve you, possibly ! :o

Yo have left out a few other important activities which take precedence over customers...

...nit picking/watching TV/chatting to friends/playing games on the mobile phone/combing hair/looking in the mirror/applying make up/talking on the mobile phone/looking at comics

but maybe the Honda dealers should learn from the Toyota dealers. They might sell more bikes. Thanks for the comments though.

Nhscotsman

And Yamaha and Suzuki.

Maybe they should put the girls on commission, then they might pull themselves away from the desk and deal with the customer. I also wish that they would put prices on the bikes in the showrooms.

I guess with the Phantom they are concerned that you might not buy the bike, or even turn up at the shop again, so then they would have to send it back again. If you are really going to buy a Phantom, then I can't see the problem with dropping a 10,000 Baht deposit and then paying the rest later.

They just want some assurance that you are serious and not just wasting their time and money.

I agree, when I was in Trat last week at the Toyota showroom, three girls who were simply adorable were sitting at a desk, doing thir makeup and hair and it would have made my day PERFECT to have dealt with one of the three, but they were too interested in makeup tips than in selling a car. I told the people I was with that I bet they make so much baht and hour/day and don't work on commision or they would have been more agressive. But they are eye candy too, I know that. It works too, it keeps people in the showroom, LOOKING!

With regards to offering to put a deposit down. I told one Honda salesman on the telephone 3 weeks ago that if he would arrange for me to try a Honda Phantom, I didn't mean a ride, I mean one just to sit on to see if I would fit. He said he would try and arrange something. He then said I would have to pay the $85,000 when I ordered it and that BLACK was the only color available and I told him I would put 20% or 25% down, but not the full price and that I would prove to him that I did have the full amount. He said fine and said he would be in touch with me within a couple of hours. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting and after 4 telephone calls, I'm still waiting.

I believe what a few people have told me, getting a Honda Phantom is a chance thing. On the chance you might see one, you might get one. My workmates said to me yesterday....."Forget about the Phantom and by the Yamaha Nouvo instead" and they stressed that I will be much happier when I get into heavy Bangkok traffic that I did.

Nhscotsman

I have even looked for low mileage ones too, but because I can't find a new one, I will probably just buy a new Yamaha Nouvo, I am tall (6'4") and thought the bigger bike might be more comfy for me, but considering I can't even find one to sit on, let alone buy, I figured to hel_l with it and if I can't find one in the next week here in Bangkok, I'll be headed with my 55,000 baht to the local Yamaha shop for a new motorbike to ride around on.

I have lived here in Thailand for awhile and I truly love this country and its people, but the salesmen here really do amaze me. They have the poorest selling skills and beliefs I have ever seen anywhere in the world. Trying to buy anything here is always a chore!

If anyone knows of a dealer with a new Honda Phantom or a really good Yamaha dealer in Bangkok. let me know, ok.

Thanks,

Nhscotsman

Try Noi in Bangsaen autorized Honda dealer...hes shop is located in the intersection of Sukhumwit and Bangsaen beach road

in Bangsaen,Chonburi

I'm pretty sure I saw a few at the dealer on the corner of CharanSanitwong and Phra Pinklao, if they don't have any, there are tonnes of dealers along Charan - prolly around soi 20-22. I know there is one guy down there that only sells small Honda and Kawi "choppers". All of this is in Pinklao, on the other side of the river from old downtown.

If you order one it should take 3 days to assemble & deliver. I got a Kawiboss & found the phantom was the same 3 days to assemble & ship. I think the plant for Honda is in Rayong area as well.

A reputable dealer will not require a deposit. i have ordered 2 in the Pattaya area & never had to put money down.

The only thing we did was pre-paperwork pending trading one bike for the other. No transfer was done till delivery.

Yo have left out a few other important activities which take precedence over customers...

...nit picking/watching TV/chatting to friends/playing games on the mobile phone/combing hair/looking in the mirror/applying make up/talking on the mobile phone/looking at comics

I swear this is true, i was at the main toyota dealer ordering a part, in the hour it took i observed the manager in his office playing with a set of childrens plastic hands that you flick together, he was at it for about 15 minutes, myself and another farang were laughing out loud, unbeleivable, whoever said they are like 5 year olds has got it spot on ! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to source a Phantom out of Dubai to bring up to Afghanistan. One of our suppliers in Dubai contacted the Honda distributor, who told him they stopped making the Phantoms in 2007.

Then of course, he tried to convince the supplier that I should consider the 250cc (243 actually) Honda Rebel, for only twice the price of a 200cc Phantom in Thailand !

Told our supplier I wasn't shelling out $5,000+ US (plus shipping) for a bike I was going to run into the ground over the next 2-3 years and dump in a garbage bin on my way out.

(The only other options here are 150-200cc Iranian made PoS's that may last a tank of gas before dying.)

• 1 month later...

I was in Chiang Mai recently. There are several Phatoms on the showroom floors. I asked and they CAN be purchased.

For the few thousand baht to go up, it's a small price to get your bike immediately.

I bought a Honda icon and drove the thing out within 2 hours of walking into the showroom, so while they may be lazy in some shops, the ones at this dealer snapped into efficient mode when I needed them to. *thumbs up*

• 6 months later...

They were selling Phantom motorbikes in Carrefour in Pattaya recently. They were actually in stock at a shop around the corner that had about 15 new ones on display. I bought a Tornado but wish I'd bought the Phantom instead. Will exchange in the next couple of weeks in the same shop.

In all businesses in thailand they dont have sales people, they have order takers, its diabolical,,.MP in pattaya do have one on the floor for sale, im sure if you go in there and jump up and down waving the cash one of the staff may stop eating/squezing spots/sleeping and come and serve you, possibly ! :)

...nit picking/watching TV/chatting to friends/playing games on the mobile phone/combing hair/looking in the mirror/applying make up/talking on the mobile phone/looking at comics....AND the Girls are even worse!

• 1 month later...

Last time i saw there was a honda dealer at petchaburi rd ( close to fortune town, phra ram 9 ) that had a phantom for sale, and 2 cbr 150s.. might be worth a try. If interested PM me and i will google map the shop for ya.

/peace