A Guy In Difficulty On Sukhumvit Soi 25

tefoff

He did go to the Irish consulate to plead his case and get some help. He compared them unfavourably to the British embassy; they had a small staff that didn't offer him any real help. They didn't help him out financially. They told him; first, in order to get a replacement passport, he would need an outbound ticket. Getting the funds for this is obviously proving difficult. He tried to make an appointment with the head diplomatic representative here, but was told that it would take three weeks. He did get the proper paperwork filled out at the relevant Thai police station and lodged that with the consulate. The police in the Asoke area know his situation, so they might check up on him occasionally, but in general they just let him be. He got a list of telephone numbers regarding some possible job opportunities, but because of his lack of documentation, finding even a short term job would be difficult. He's compos mentis, in good spirits considering, and is looking after himself as best he can.

He got a list of telephone numbers regarding some possible job opportunities, but because of his lack of documentation, finding even a short term job would be difficult.

:o

to say the least !!!

anyhow, who in their right mind would offer this dim freeloading pr*ck a job given the totally irresponsible predicament that he got himself into.. not very impressive skills shown there huh ?

hope he realises what a good for nothing leech he is, then takes his own life.. its the only sensible option. :D

This is big-time BS.

"They told him; first, in order to get a replacement passport, he would need an outbound ticket. "

You mean he went to Thailand with a one-way ticket? or just teleported to BKK? All tickets are electronic now and his return ticket can not be lost as it is just a computer record.

"Losing your Irish passport abroad

If you are an Irish citizen currently living abroad, travelling or on holiday abroad and your Irish passport is lost/stolen/misplaced, etc., you must contact your nearest Irish embassy or Consulate immediately."

"In certain circumstances, for example if you lose your passport abroad but will be returning on a single journey directly to Ireland, an "Emergency Travel Document" rather than a passport will be issued by the Irish embassy or Consulate. Emergency Travel Documents are only valid for one journey."

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categori..._Irish_passport

3. Replacing passports and travel assistance is normal consular function, this guy and his supporter are both scammers.

What a bunch of bullshit this is thou.. beggars in make good money when there in a good location..Better then English teachers or cleaners or something anyway… I herd some can make up to 10 K in one day on a busy street.

This is OP is just letting more people know. Its probably him~~~

Sounds good !

do they need a work permit and would this require them having 4 Thai beggers working with them ?

What a bunch of bullshit this is thou.. beggars in make good money when there in a good location..Better then English teachers or cleaners or something anyway… I herd some can make up to 10 K in one day on a busy street.

This is OP is just letting more people know. Its probably him~~~

Sounds good !

do they need a work permit and would this require them having 4 Thai beggers working with them ?

Who ever has the lease on him/her would be responsible for that. But u know the drill.......

He got a list of telephone numbers regarding some possible job opportunities, but because of his lack of documentation, finding even a short term job would be difficult.

:o

to say the least !!!

anyhow, who in their right mind would offer this dim freeloading pr*ck a job given the totally irresponsible predicament that he got himself into.. not very impressive skills shown there huh ?

hope he realises what a good for nothing leech he is, then takes his own life.. its the only sensible option. :D

Yes, so instead of having a heart and helping people in need, regardless of whether it's their fault or not, we should just wish death on them. That's the biggest asshol_e statement I've ever read. Hope you're kidding.

I herd some can make up to 10 K in one day on a busy street.

I am in the wrong job then!!! ... OTE of 300,000 THB a month for being a street begger

Where do i sign up? :D

bkkbeggersdotcom ("the franchise with an open hand") :o

normally charge 30.000 for a sign up - Join today and there's a 5% discount. :D

some people (like me) don't have friends or relations back home to help them if they need it, and the embassy won't help much either. i can see how people could end up in this position, and it's sad, but when it is related to alcoholism i find it harder to give sympathy.
Well said.
Are you seriously saying you don't have any family or friends who are in the position to give or lend you the cost of an economy ticket back to farangland? If that is the case, then such a person has no business traveling or living overseas in the first place.

I mean, when you step away from the comfortable homeland into the big world outside, anything can happen and one would be irresponsible if one didn't have the savings or other back-up plan to enable one to return home in an emergency.

What if [his misfortune] was beyond his control? Don't be too judgmental, dear.

is it allowed for members to post photos of the beggers that are thought of or known to be professional beggars ?

What makes them professional ? is it that they have a nice apartment somewhere away from where they choose to work (well beg) and are really living ok. Or is it just that they are very good at it and better that some of the thais who must be classed as amatuers.

When visiting my wifes village I always get the impression that the thais think that us farang can't do anything good ie: building things, cooking, fishing etc etc. So just maybe there is something farang are better at, Begging !

There's an Irish guy in some financial difficulty, and he's currently near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 25 most days. He sits close to a convenience store there, something similar to a family mart. You'll notice him because he has a cardboard sign looking for financial contributions and explaining his situation. It's a familar story; he lost his passport and money in a taxi. If you could help him out, with some money or even just say hello to him, then I think he'll appreciate it. He's been stuck here a few weeks now, but he's holding up well, as well as you possibly can in these types of situations.

Hmmm, I wrote about this guy in my weekly column a few weeks back... Seems he is another of the eternal beggars. I am sure he could get enough in one hour to call home and ask for them to transfer money for funds home. But no, he chooses to stick with it...

Hmmm, I wrote about this guy in my weekly column a few weeks back... Seems he is another of the eternal beggars. I am sure he could get enough in one hour to call home and ask for them to transfer money for funds home. But no, he chooses to stick with it...

I knew I'd read it somewhere :o

RAZZ

He's probably overstayed, best thing you can do for the guy is to set the immigration police onto him so he will be repatriated to Ireland...

Have YOU met this guy?

Yeah, where good mates.. I live in the cardboard box next to his.. :D

LOL! But I'll bet he gets pretty territorial when it comes to handouts from passersby.

For some reason (don't know why) I thought your post was from the OP, which made me wonder. My mistake. Evidently my brain was in park at the time. My apologies to you. :o

Edited by AmeriThai