Chat

nogutsnoapplepie

There is no restictions on the chat. The only requirement is that you are a member and logged in to the forum.

I just tested to login from several different computers via dial-up, and did not noticed any problems at all.

What error messages do you get?

Internet Explorer, Opera or Firefox? Version?

Java version?

What error messages do you get?

Internet Explorer, Opera or  Firefox? Version?

Java version?

When I attempt to log on to O.F.C.S., I get the blank chat screen with the "hot cuppa tea" in the top left hand corner.

Then I get "Applet Client notinited" notification and the hot tea turns to a red cross.

Occasionally I get the "error: java.lang. ClassFormatError: default (Bad magic number)" return but not every time.

Prior to upgrading at this end I was using an Acer computer, Celeron processor, 533 MHz with 84 MB RAM (56 usable) running Windows 98. Netscape 7.0 was my preferred browser.

Now I've upgraded to a Compaq Presario, Pentium 4, 2.80 GHz with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP. Netscape 7.2 is my current browser. Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2_05.

Neither of these computers has been able to log on to the chat since the first upgrade (about two months ago).

I am using CsLoxinfo ISP on dial up connection, usually connecting at 40.0 to 42.0 Kbps.

:o

Exactly at the same time, I was not able to connect with Chat anymore.

This concerns my computer at home.Up till to-day NO respons.

At the company no problem with my notebook.

There has been a topic about this b4.

a few old farts (plus an elsie) could while away their retirement by talking b*llshit to each other

or their w#rking hours :o

the new chat format does seem to take up more memory than the old one. Fortunately my office pc was upgraded soon after the new chat format was introduced but I couldn't do the stuff I used to be able to with the chat in background

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve finally discovered my “cannot get on the O.F.C.S.” problem. TT&T have advised me that my telephone cable is not good enough and will need replacing. At a cost of something like Bht 25,000.00, I will then be able to get on the chat, like I used to be able, with my inferior telephone cable, prior to the chat being degraded. Oh well, time to move on – I have better things to spend Bht 25,000.00 on.

I’ve finally discovered my “cannot get on the O.F.C.S.” problem. TT&T have advised me that my telephone cable is not good enough and will need replacing. At a cost of something like Bht 25,000.00, I will then be able to get on the chat, like I used to be able, with my inferior telephone cable, prior to the chat being degraded. Oh well, time to move on – I have better things to spend Bht 25,000.00 on.

I think they are pissing in your pocket unless they are replacing 10klms of wire.

the problem has to be the java installation or the widoze firewall on your computer.

though it is probably not a bad idea to get some one to replace the wire from where the TT&T junction box is at your house to where your phone socket is....and that should cost you 200baht at the most to get the local handyman to do....the wire costs about3-4 baht a metre at the local hardware.

laughing.gif

• 4 weeks later...
I think they are pissing in your pocket unless they are replacing 10klms of wire.

My cable is under the ground. Digging up the garden, cutting through the tiles, cutting through the wall, etc. Anyway, I've bitten the bullet and replaced it above ground. Cost Bht 650.00.

And - I'm finally back on the O.F.C.S. BTW, who's Adam?