What's With The Movies Right Now?

Bananaman

Dam_n, if the cinema offerings of the last month have not been the biggest pile of horse sh*t ever. Makes me wonder what they're getting at the theatres down in Bangkok that Vista and Major consider too arthouse, educational or culturally enlightening for us hick Chiang Mai Philistines.

Not only that, last week Major had the balls to show 'Virgin Territory', a movie that was cr*p when it first aired in 2001 and is still cr*p, a staggering seven years later! <deleted>?!!!

Thank God for DVDs and the internet!

Edited by Bananaman

Dam_n, if the cinema offerings of the last month have not been the biggest pile of horse sh*t ever. Makes me wonder what they're getting at the theatres down in Bangkok that Vista and Major consider too arthouse, educational or culturally enlightening for us hick Chiang Mai Philistines.

Not only that, last week Major had the balls to show 'Virgin Territory', a movie that was cr*p when it first aired in 2001 and is still cr*p, a staggering seven years later! <deleted>?!!!

Thank God for DVDs and the internet!

they use a drunken monkey throwing darts to pick movies and then always choose the cheapest possible option. Same thing with UBC.

Dam_n, if the cinema offerings of the last month have not been the biggest pile of horse sh*t ever.

No doubt. Yesterday, out of desperation, I made the mistake of going to see Zohan. Ugh.

It also seems like the good movies disappear within 2 weeks, but the crappy ones linger forever.

they use a drunken monkey throwing darts to pick movies and then always choose the cheapest possible option. Same thing with UBC.

But at least with the cinema you can choose whether or not you want to spend your money to go and see the movie. UBC just serves up the rubbish night after night as they deplete your bank balance.

Three good (I thought) movies to catch on DVD: The Kite Runner, Separate Lies, Dancing at Lughansa. No refunds or exchanges :o

Shopping for DVDs, down the Night Bazaar yesterday-evening, roughly half the dozen I picked out were unavailable, and also 'Mama mia' is not yet out, heck we watched that in the UK Lake District several weeks ago.

What's wrong with these retailers ? Do they have a supply-problem ? ?

No wonder the tourists were noticeably thin-on-the-ground. :o

"Shopping for DVDs, down the Night Bazaar yesterday-evening, roughly half the dozen I picked out were unavailable, and also 'Mama mia' is not yet out, heck we watched that in the UK Lake District several weeks ago."

I bought a copy upstairs at Pantip Plaza some 6 weeks ago, not the best of copies, but watchable.