Age Of Consent, Ferang With Thai Girl.

kingsrdStu

It's 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18!

Actually, just one 18. 15 is the legal age of consent if you're both under the age of 18 and 15 or over. So, for everyone over 18, it's 18. Don't be stupid you could have some angry father wanting to kill you and face bad jail time.

Thai law states that the age of consent is 15 years of age.

But if the police thinks that she is "working" you're in problem.

The "Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act of 1996" outlawed the hiring of prostitutes under the age of 18.

She can though get married when she's 17 years.

If you have to post this question, the answer is probably "too young"

I agree... how old is the OP I wonder?

He's too old for her, as is always the case.

Does this make a difference if talking Thai years as that would make

her 18+ (17+ to you and me) and also the relationship comes with

parental consent....

Sorry, he's a good friend and i don't want him to fall foul....

If you're from the US and you're with anyone under 18 regardless of the local laws, you come home and can be prosecuted (they really do wait for you at the airport these days). Not sure if any other countries have across border laws like this...

If he's 18 and she's 17, no one will bat an eye. If he's 30 and she's 17, he needs to be in jail.

What a sick question...needing to know doesn't somehow excuse unexcusable behavior! let a girl have her childhood for God's sake! Don't you think there are tens of thousands of others more willing and older? Why prey on THAT one?

If you have to ask, IT'S PLAIN WRONG!

If you're from the US and you're with anyone under 18 regardless of the local laws, you come home and can be prosecuted (they really do wait for you at the airport these days). Not sure if any other countries have across border laws like this...

If he's 18 and she's 17, no one will bat an eye. If he's 30 and she's 17, he needs to be in jail.

What a sick question...needing to know doesn't somehow excuse unexcusable behavior! let a girl have her childhood for God's sake! Don't you think there are tens of thousands of others more willing and older? Why prey on THAT one?

If you have to ask, IT'S PLAIN WRONG!

I would be the 1st to agree with you. i'm in my 40's and my Thai Wife is 9 years younger

than me, but everyone knows that Older Man - Younger Woman relationships are more than

common here. I would and have advised him against it......!

Thai law states that the age of consent is 15 years of age.

But if the police thinks that she is "working" you're in problem.

The "Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act of 1996" outlawed the hiring of prostitutes under the age of 18.

She can though get married when she's 17 years.

I love this rule as it suggests that it is OK to hire a prostitute over the age of 18, despite prostitution being illegal. :o

For me...

I think the age of consent should be…….as soon as she is old enough to understand the consequences of sexual behavior and its consequences.

Still no one wants to see 14 or 15 yrs old having 2 kids!!!

Also.......Let the man sweat. Maybe he will gain more respect for women that way, me think

despicable post. The OP should be banned. No wonder we're being increasingly intolerated in Thailand.

It's disgustingly common. I've seen farang guys joke about this thing and hit on obviously underage teenage girls at bts stops before.

May I Emspasize... This was set up as a source of advice, not to critisize someone's

actions... The OP had met the girl and wanted to know how he stood before proceeding

further, no crime had been commited or dirty deed done.

It's never been easy to understand how the law works on this matter, my wife has a blood

relative who married at 18 and the girl gave birth before 16........

despicable post. The OP should be banned. No wonder we're being increasingly intolerated in Thailand.

What an unreasonable response. You are normally a thoughtful type. He asks a legitimate question of the legal position. Leave the moral soul-searching to him.

:o

What an unreasonable response. You are normally a thoughtful type. He asks a legitimate question of the legal position. Leave the moral soul-searching to him.

I have to agree with you...... If the girl in question was "64 DAYS" older then no-one

would give a toss. Personally I wouldn't want a relationship with someone that age,

but it's not all 1-Way-Traffic - the girl likes him aswell.......!

i am most certainly NOT a thoughtful type. I bitterly resent that. Take that back immediately

I'm the best knee-jerk respondent on the forum.

So the avatar is true.......You really are the off to the Gulag type:)

But the question seems valid and of interest to some\, and of importance to others.

I have to agree with you...... If the girl in question was "64 DAYS" older then no-one

would give a toss. Personally I wouldn't want a relationship with someone that age,

but it's not all 1-Way-Traffic - the girl likes him aswell.......!

If true, a thread like this is bound to get certain types of responses.

according to Thai Penal Code:

a Child: anyone not over 18 years of age

theres a few laws that would apply but Im not going to go into it. Some relevant ones I can think of are:

‘Offences relating to sexuality’Section 277 of the Penal Code

"WHOEVER has sexual intercourse with a girl not yet over fifteen years of age and not being

his own wife, whether such girl shall consent or not, shall be punished with imprisonment of four

to twenty years and fined between Bt8,000 to Bt40,000.

"If the commission of the offence according to the first paragraph is committed against a girl

not yet over thirteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of seven

to twenty years and fine of Bt14,000 to Bt40,000 or imprisonment for life."

theres also similar statement for those between 15 and 18 years of age, with imprisonment term for offender, same condition, whether or not the other party consents. the jail term is slightly lower

“Section 283 bis.

Whoever brings a person over fifteen years but not yet over eighteen years of age for an indecent sexual purpose, even with the consent of that person,

shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years,

I suggest, you, your friend, read up on the law. I cant claim this info is hundred per cent accurate. Thailand has had many amendments to its legislations in recent years, and not being an expert in the field I cant claim to know for sure.

However, Im also closing this thread before it turns into a flame fest.

source for Thai Penal Code: http://www.interpol.int/public/Children/Se...csaThailand.asp