When Does The Rain Go Away!

flamingtodd

Hi Todd, It's been glorious today, with full sun and blue skies here near the airport, a perfect washing day.

I will grant you that the last 2 weeks it has rained almost every day, but let's not forget that September and October are on average the 2 wettest months of the year with over 300 mm each month (So don't forget the umbrella and as the old saying goes make hay whilst the sun shines).. and look on the bright side - it's never cold... :o

Twenty years ago, the official rainy season was from the 1st May until the end of November.

Then, TAT decided that that wasn't good for business and mandated that the "Green Season" would run from the 1st May until the end of October.

The rain usually stops from between early November up to early December.

Edited by Sir Burr

• 1 month later...
Raining all day today and can't find a decent movie on TV - "Murphy's Law" is alive and well

Don't know where you live but we have had a mixed day, some sun, lots of cloud, and some rain. The rain was generated by a few fronts passing through at high speed = very windy, leading to heavy rain for just a few minutes.

This thread seems to turn up every year,

We need the rain to top up our wells, Phuket needs rain to top up the resevoirs, it's the rainy season when life is cooler, what's the problem?

The island would be screwed without the rain, by the way here is classed as an equitorial rain belt. The hint is in the rain bit

Any of you Old Timers (refering to the people who have lived here +5 Years) know when the RAIN is going to stop?

Everyday, everyday!!!!

:D The sun will come out...when?

todd

About the middle of November ..... :D

The later the better. :o

Leo :D:o

Dunno about you folks but it's scorching here in Patong. Took my first beach walk in ages, Lots of rotund ladies exposing their flabby low hung boobs. Perhaps, not having sun does bring one advantage............

I mean jeez, I kept my shirt on and concealed my pasty white man boobs. Can't these euro porcines do the same?

Leo :D:o

Dunno about you folks but it's scorching here in Patong. Took my first beach walk in ages, Lots of rotund ladies exposing their flabby low hung boobs. Perhaps, not having sun does bring one advantage............

I mean jeez, I kept my shirt on and concealed my pasty white man boobs. Can't these euro porcines do the same?

You have to blame the husbands for the unleashing of the LSG (low-slung-guns).

Maybe they should be force fed Bier Leo.

• 5 months later...

With all the rain we've been having lately I thought it was time to resurrect the raining thread.

How's the weather where you are folks ?

I wonder if our new Mod has been able to drive with the top down lately .............?.. :o

Edited by LeungKen

With all the rain we've been having lately I thought it was time to resurrect the raining thread.

I wonder if our new Mod has been able to drive with the top down lately .............?.. :o

T'was a fine morning, good top down weather. Luckily the car is now in covered parking spot (top still down), hissing down now, and no end in sight on the airport radar feed.

I wonder if our new Mod has been able to drive with the top down lately .............?.. :D

T'was a fine morning, good top down weather. Luckily the car is now in covered parking spot (top still down), hissing down now, and no end in sight on the airport radar feed.

Looking Good for a wet Songkran is it ?.............. :o

• 4 months later...