Anyone Leaving In The Lat Krabang Area?

iyah

hi,

We're thinking about moving in that area (near new airport). Would be great to hear about people living around there to know how they like it. I've heard that the airportlink is scheduled for next May so that should make the center of Bkk easily accessible. How fast/easy is it now to get from there to bkk? What about noise pollution from the airport? What's a good area to look for a house (somewhere quiet but near transportation to Bkk)?

Thanks ; )

Otherwise..any area on this side of the city (east) that one can recommand, along the bkk-trat road or soon to be open airport link, accesible by public transport from the center but far enough to have a house and some greenery around? Bang Na seems very industrial, so probably passed that.

Thanks ; )

Edited by iyah

I live in Lat Krabang as more expats do, at least I see some every now and then

And that is also the reason why I live there.......

Around Rom Klao the landing planes are a real treat for the people there

Direction Chalongkrung Rd. is pleasant already

Nice house on 200 sqw, new shopping mall around the corner with a huge Tops

And very, very quiet. You wouldn't say i was Bangkok area

Great area for motoring and within 10 minutes you are in a very

different world than Sukhumvit, Silom or even Srinakarin

Communities like Minburi and Nong Chok are fine to live as well

Lat Krabang is definitely a very good area to live in

I live in Lat Krabang and like it very much. Chose this area as my Wife's family are from here and think it's a great place to live in. Shops and restaurants a plenty and a great market called Dalat Hawtake (pronounced Hwatakay) that sells everything from clothes, DVD's, Fruit and veg and tons of great food. Don't see many Farang here but as time goes on probably some new hotels will pop up servicing the airport. I am very near the new airport but a very quiet moo ban and not in the flight path. Generally from Lat Krabang road the planes come in to land and most of the landings (I think) come over roughly soi 7. As a previous poster has said many areas are easily assessable like Chachengsao and Min Buri as well as Bangkok central but it takes me nearly an hour to get to Asoke in the morning. However, that should change once the Airport Link is up and running. I thought though that with the delays, they are hoping to test in May so I am thinking it will be online for passengers in about a year. I'll have two choices as to where I get the train, either the airport or Lat Krabang station which is near the junction to the Motorway (near soi 7). Lucky me, can't wait! PS If the poster fancies building a house, pm me as I have some land in Lat Krabang that I am wanting to sell!!

..yeah, some problems with the spelling here i guess :o (English is not my native language but still, that's 'pretty bad'. Problem is that my spelling is not all that much better in my native language). Didn't get the jokes. Anyways, will update the post to keep you informed on my findings.

Edited by iyah