Gf Steals Chanote /and Burns Passport...help!

i see barbara windsor as the basket case , ken dodd as the punter , kenneth williams as the mate renting the house , hattie jacques as the som tam lady and sid james as the pattaya lawyer advising the punter. also bert kwouk in a cameo role as the motorcycle taxi driver. nicholas cage has agreed to play "lek" , the bearded katoey with a heart of gold who comes to the rescue of the lads and ultimately finds happiness in the arms of the punter after a traumatic sex change operation.

carry on pattaya dangerous will be a big budget production using traditional british humour and subtle pathos to document the ups and downs of life in pattaya for a group of british expats ,on the run from their home town of liverpool after warrants are put out for their arrests for hubcap theft as they struggle to come to terms with the cultural differences and unexpected turns of events that befall them as they chase love in that seaside town on the gulf of siam.

filming to start in blackpool , december 2008.

Oh my goodness, that has got to be your funniest post yet.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% with your conclusions.

Well, we are Farang/Thai but I couldn't pass on the Thai quota discount and if after 10 years and 5 countries, she was going to rip me off, so be it. :o

TH

Depending upon when and if I/we buy a condo in Bangkok (at the moment, it's part of my retirement plan) I may end up going the same routine you did. If at the time there is a significant difference in the discount between the Thai quota and the foreigner quota, then this could be an option difficult for us to pass up. For the moment, however, I do plan on joint ownership which would be considered foreigner owned.

Hi donx - I know you have your head screwed on :D - as a matter of interest what discount do you see today between Thai and Farang quota condominiums? Is it that significant?

I don't have any personal examples of any discounts between the Thai and the Farang quota, only what I have seen posted in these threads by others. But take the building you bought into - I bet you would find it easier to sell your unit than a comparable unit owned by a Thai. That translates into you being able to ask more for your unit don't you think? The difference may not be that much, but it may be that if I wanted to buy a unit in your building, there may only be units available for purchase in the Thai quota. If I really really really had to live there, then I could see having my Thai wife buy the unit. There may not be a discount (though I think because of supply and demand it probably would be less expensive), but at least there would be units available. From what I am hearing from others here, it sounds like for top-end projects the Foreigner quota sells out well before the Thai quota.

This may all change when we eventually end up buying something in Bangkok. In fact, maybe they will remove the 49% ownership restriction that I know you see as detrimental to harmonious living between the Thai and Farang communities.

Sorry for going off topic. To respond to the OP, all I can say is I hope it all works out for you. I can't give you any real advice because the situation you are in is very precarious. Get help from a trusted Thai lawyer is about all I can recommend.

I was considering buying a condo, but after reading this I will not for a few reasons If I had a problem with a girl she would know where I am and make trouble maybe.

By renting I can up and move, maybe if I lived i a condo for a year then one came up I could buy but things could change laws etc.

I guess i will rent long term and take it from there, I feel sorry for the OP.. I would have to say on the forums I read its always the girl who does wrong. It seems farangs are perfect in Thailoand and treat people with repsect :o

Tha last comment is not at the OP, why are the Thai girls so nasty to the kind farangs all the time ?

If her plan is to make you give up so she can move in there is one thing that might work. Though it is very culturally insensitive.

Knock over or destroy the spirit house and see how she feels about living in the house after that.

In my experience the type of people who would do what she did in Thailand are pretty low on the social ladder. usually the ones down at the bottom happen to be the most superstious as well.

My idea of course is to be used as a last step (or one prior to a fire) after taking all legal actions you can.

Destroy the spirit house.

Yes thats the one to go with I would love to see her reaction to that when she storms in.

you wont have to say a word, Just cast your eye to the smashed up spirit house,

I doubt she or any her family will come anywere near the house or the land.

Zero cost and 100% satisfaction

You heard a wailing noise and it fell down in the night

Great plan, except for the fact that all they'd do is spend a few thousand Baht on various snacks and drinks + a couple of monks to come and sprinkle holy water here and there and then the spirits would be "appeased."

:o

"I was going to buy a condo...but now I'm not"

Why? You can buy a condo, and there is nothing that forces you to add a GF (or anyone else) onto the deed. The OP made a bad decision, and you can make a good one.

Yes indeed - this is the post I backed out of commenting on - first post from this guy - either he is incredibly naive or is taking the piss out of us - either way not good news.

Tha last comment is not at the OP, why are the Thai girls so nasty to the kind farangs all the time ?

I can't count how many times I have heard farang berate their Thai gf/wives in public calling them stupid or saying they don't understand because they are a farmers daughter etc. Guess what? it's never in Thai, funny how the wife is stupid because she might not understand 100% of the English but the husband can't even say hello or thank you in Thai.

We all know there is a predatory subculture with the bar girls, yet these balding fat men with pensions seem to think "she's the one, she will change for me" and truely expect a relationship with a girl 15+ years younger, who is a prostitute and probably has little in a formal education. Yeah, there's a great basis for a long lasting trustworthy relationship.

They give money or put houses in the name of a woman who takes money to sleep with them, and are amazed when they run off with it, it truely baffles me. Especially since it seems to happen to atleast one farang per week!

Oh well TiT! :o

You're exactly right. Many farangs refer to Thais as "stupid", only to post how the "stupid Thais" took control of the farangs' money/property/business. Many threads indicate how educated farangs, got the short end of the stick with taxi scams, jewelry scams, and on and on. Either the farangs aren't as smart as they think, or the Thais aren't as dumb as they believe. Perhaps a combination of both.

You're exactly right. Many farangs refer to Thais as "stupid", only to post how the "stupid Thais" took control of the farangs' money/property/business. Many threads indicate how educated farangs, got the short end of the stick with taxi scams, jewelry scams, and on and on. Either the farangs aren't as smart as they think, or the Thais aren't as dumb as they believe. Perhaps a combination of both.

And many farangs seem to be very intelligent as they claim the OP put the gf on the title and he clearly startes that he did not. Reading 101 needed?

Yes, many of us did read the first post correctly. I wonder why it wasn't in A safety Deposit box that she had no access to. This is assuming that he didn't fully trust her, if he did I understand, but still you want to keep important things like that in fireproof/theft proof places.