Pattaya And A Tsunami?

astromash

There was a storm surge predicted for late August that never happened - obviously because of the 499 Buddhist priests who offered prayers against it!

(It was in the main newspapers as well as on a number of Pattaya boards.)

The map below shows the areas expected to be affected by a serious storm surge in the Gulf of Thailand, and Pattaya seems to be just safe - not sure how accurate the map is, though.

150808_news05.jpg

You can't argue with that then.maps,diagrams , the lot.Well researched !

:o:D

She is a swamp dwelling pondlife just like my wife and as such you should take all she says with a pinch of somtam. They, none of them have an ounce of CDF between them. Rain causes a tsunami. You want to believe her as it is her country and want to give her (and her family the)benefit of having common sense. Sorry chap they do not posess that commodity.

So when my wife you tells you that you should put all of your money in her bank account because due to heavy rain and the anticyclonic activity in the bay of Biscay the Thai government will seize the assets pf all foreigners with more than one vowel in their name will you believe that too.

Wake up and smell the kapi you numty.

i believe that tsunamis are caused by vampire bats when too many of them flap their wings too fast
...and people say such nice things about you in other threads !

I would expect that the person was trying to find the word for either storm surge or flood as mentioned above. The Bay of Bangkok does not have a history of earthquakes so is unlikely to suffer a 'classic' tsumami, although an event in the oceans due South could have a serious effect on Bangkok as any wave could be focused there depending on XYZ.

There has been serious flooding up country, a friend near Khon Kaen reported his village was cut off this morning after 12 hours of rain yesterday. Pattaya does have a regular history of rain induced flooding because of blocked drains - plastic bags were blamed last time, Feburary.

Pattaya Weather.

Weather Warnings.

Eathquake epicenters.

She is a swamp dwelling pondlife just like my wife and as such you should take all she says with a pinch of somtam. They, none of them have an ounce of CDF between them. Rain causes a tsunami. You want to believe her as it is her country and want to give her (and her family the)benefit of having common sense. Sorry chap they do not posess that commodity.

So when my wife you tells you that you should put all of your money in her bank account because due to heavy rain and the anticyclonic activity in the bay of Biscay the Thai government will seize the assets pf all foreigners with more than one vowel in their name will you believe that too.

Wake up and smell the kapi you numty.

Bad day Binkie?

It would have to be a pretty wicked storm to generate such a surge in the Gulf of Thailand. There's negligible seismic activity in the area so the factors that caused the Phuket tsunami are totally absent. Thailand is also out of 'typhoon alley' as most meteorological phenomena hit Vietnam or Bangladesh. However, the recent typhoon hitting Burma shows that there may be a trend for the alley to widen to the south. In this case, a typhoon rounding the southern tip of Vietnam and gaining strength as it comes up the Gulf would certainly be cause for alarm.

Historically, the last (and only) major typhoon that hit the Gulf of Thailand was in November 1989 when Typhoon Gay ripped through Chumphon province from east to west killing 529 onshore and flipping a drill ship with the loss of 91 more. This was a unique storm in that it formed very quickly over 3 days on the southeast side of the Gulf of Thailand. After crossing Thailand and Burma, it re-strengthened and made landfall on the east coast of India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Gay_(1989)

You should be more worried by

the

End of the world?, the Large Hadron Collider ( LHC ) in Geneva they say could cause a black hole see you tube.

I am stuck in UK deep derpression last 9 months on return.

P.S this country is going down the Black hole too gotta get out if only someone would buy my house.

Edited by whitethai

the

End of the world?, the Large Hadron Collider ( LHC ) in Geneva they say could cause a black hole see you tube.

P.S this country is going down the Black hole too gotta get out if only someone would buy my house.

Give you 50 grand cash.

That would sort the depression out, that would buy you about 6 years in pattaya.

shaging yourself mad. just think, you would be like a dog with two dicks.

Deal or no Deal. :o

Gee, I didn't know you could shoot off the top of Campbell's soup cans using 9 mm ammo.... What a novel way to deal with the lack of a can opener.... :o

Wish we finally did have a nice sized natural disaster here, so I could once and for all justify stockpiling all this drinking water, Campbell's soup, and 9 mm ammo.

:D

the

Never mind, your government has decided to allow sharia law rulings in the courts so can't all be bad.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle4749183.ece

And the general migration from Eastern Europe is reversing.

http://www.economist.com/world/britain/dis...ory_id=12010095

And plasticpig has made a generous offer for your pile in fair Albion altho' I reckon with 2 dicks, you will need a bit more than B10k/week to live (but that's just me with my 1 dick).

i believe that tsunamis are caused by vampire bats when too many of them flap their wings too fast :o

But only if they are in the Amazonian rainforest. :D

There is very little chance of Pattaya being hit by a tsunami and also little chance of a storm surge. The only real possibility left is a flash flood which is also unlikely due to the absence of mountains.

But imagine going back four years. What if someone posted a thread "What chance is there of Phuket being hit by a tsunami?". I wonder what the responses would have been. Likely as not a lot of them would have been "tsunami? <deleted> is a tsunami?" :D

With Mother Nature always expect the unexpected. :D

the

Give you 50 grand cash.

That would sort the depression out, that would buy you about 6 years in pattaya.

shaging yourself mad. just think, you would be like a dog with two dicks.

Deal or no Deal. :o

NO DEAL

NEED 120 grand to pay off my remortgage I already spent to start with.

A lottery win would com in very handy.

Any God listening????????????????????

Three additional potential causes of a tsunami:

1. A really overweight American tourist who is parasailing in Pattaya bay whose chute breaks and he drops to the water's surface could cause a tsunami.

2. A wizard could point his magic staff and cause a tsunami - I saw it on Lord of the Rings.

3. If everyone in Pattaya was having sex to the same rhythem, it could cause an earthquake which would send a tsunami toward the western side of the gulf.

I have heard that Thais are taught in school that high tide/low tide cycles are caused by rainfall levels.

:D

You can't argue with that then.maps,diagrams , the lot.Well researched !

:P:burp:

Even the Royal Thai Navy can predict the tide times and not wait for rainfall to predict them. Or maybe they are Clairvoyants :o

post-34728-1221983908_thumb.jpg

So when my wife you tells you that you should put all of your money in her bank account because due to heavy rain and the anticyclonic activity in the bay of Biscay the Thai government will seize the assets of all foreigners with more than one vowel in their name will you believe that too.

:D:(:D:D:D