Marriage And Work Permit

I was wondering the best course to follow for my situation????

Currently living in U.S. Married to a Thai national and marriage registered. I have a legitimate job offer from a company in Phuket authorized to employ forign nationals, they will provide the required letters for a proper work permit. I plan on moving in January.

What is the best course to follow with regards to my Visa's? I can stay in the country for a year on an O visa but I need a B visa and work permit to work????? Just a bit confused and want to do the right thing.

Thanks,

Rich

Currently living in U.S. Married to a Thai national and marriage registered. I have a legitimate job offer from a company in Phuket authorized to employ forign nationals, they will provide the required letters for a proper work permit. I plan on moving in January.

What is the best course to follow with regards to my Visa's? I can stay in the country for a year on an O visa but I need a B visa and work permit to work????? Just a bit confused and want to do the right thing.

Thanks,

Rich

You can work on an O Visa providing you have a work permit.

The Multi Entry O Visa can be stretched out to 15 months if you make your last Visa run just before it expires

Edited by Lite Beer

Thanks,

Rich

You can work on an O Visa providing you have a work permit.

The Multi Entry O Visa can be stretched out to 15 months if you make your last Visa run just before it expires

I was under the impression an "O" visa based on marriage allowed for stays up to a year and can be renewed annually???? Only requirment is to report your location every 90 days?????

I was under the impression an "O" visa based on marriage allowed for stays up to a year and can be renewed annually???? Only requirment is to report your location every 90 days?????

You can arrive on a single Non Imm O Visa. This gives a 90 day stay.

About 3 weeks before it expires you can extend your stay for another year if you can prove a family monthly income of 40,000 Baht. You do this with Income Tax payment receipts.

You will also need .

Marriage Certificate.

Wifes house Registration and ID Card.

Usually a bank book with some money in it.

A passport size photo.

A map to your house.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around your house.

You and your Wife will be interviewed by Immigration.

1,900 Baht fee.

If succesful you will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp .

You go back in a month and get the remaining 11 months.

You do this every year.

Application form.

About 3 weeks before it expires you can extend your stay for another year if you can prove a family monthly income of 40,000 Baht. You do this with Income Tax payment receipts.

Hi There. I am in a similiar situation. I have a non taxable income in my country of origin. How do I use this to qualify for the monthly income requirement?

Thanks

Hi There. I am in a similiar situation. I have a non taxable income in my country of origin. How do I use this to qualify for the monthly income requirement?

Thanks

Not sure about Canada but as I understand it just go to the U.S. Embassy and sign an affidavit stating my income and they notorize it. I take that to get translated and certified at the office on Wattana Rd. Thats all I will need to do. I would always bring my V.A. Disability Statement and my Armed Forces Retired Account statement with me but have nerver heard of them asking for that proof.

Rich

Thanks

You need to get a letter from your Embassy verifying your income.