Fil 67 About To Be Father Again

NellieB

The father (your fil) would need to apply for the babies british nationality, the non British parent is not required to sign anything.

That was not true in my case. The mother had to sign paternity papers as well as me. She had to confirm that I was the father.

How odd, when I applied for my sons UK PP last year it only asked for british parents signature & their proof of right to pass on nationality (my passport), it asked for info of the father & we showed we are legally married but he was not required to sign a thing.

Very Old Guy goes to the doctor "My 18 year old wife is expecting..whaddya think of that?"

Doc.." A guy goes hunting, instead of his gun, he picks up his umbrella. A Bear charges out of the woods and he shot him dead. Whaddya say to that ?"

Very Old Guy "Impossible ! Someone else must have shot that bear !"

Nellie

You and the family need to accept that he has found a new life, this doesn't mean he doesn't love his family he is just doing his own thing.

Don't worry about the baby, when he dies the family will raise the child, this is quite acceptable in Thailand although different to how things are done in your country.

I hope it lasts, but it may not. Unfortunately for a large percentage once the money is gone so is the woman, but having said that she may stick with him. Iin any event the family will be there for him and if he ends up skint, well he will still get his pension and have his memories good and bad of his time in Thailand, I guess how he spends or wastes his money is his business. Just be there for him if or when it ends.

I accept that people of sound mind have a right to use their assets in any way they choose but if the OP's FiL thinks he has enough to spend Bt120,000 a month and he does not, then his family should advise him of the fact.

If they think someone is manipulating him, then they should challenge that.

If people actually knew what it costs to live here then they would know how ridiculous Bt120,000 a month is.

If people had been in business here with working girls and knew, not heard about 6th hand but actually saw the 100's of scams these people get up to, often supported and encouraged to do so by their families, then they may not be so righteous and forgiving.

When you have seen many a man lose everything and contemplate suicide then make the judgement. Some don't lose it all, but those women and their families would rob the poor guy of the bus fare home. Knowing this, you cannot stand back and say it is up to him.

Given the choice I dont think many guys would opt for a wife from the "blue rinse" brigade!

Don't you find it strange the way that old guys quickly dismiss older women (or should i say women their own age) as being undesirable, but if anyone questions why a cute young girl that could easily be their daughter, would find an old man like themselves desirable, they'll give you a whole host of reasons as to why it's perfectly plausible and nothing to do with the money.

it's not possible for a 33 yrs. old woman to love a 63 yrs. old man.....it will be like schoolboy falling in love with a middle age lady........can you imagine yourself falling in love with a 40 yrs old teacher when you were in grade one...???

maybe possible for the lady to like him in the long run......if the old geezer can make up for it in other departments.......

So long as he knows that he is being taken for a ride. A lot of support here - but i suspect from those in similar situations. He is obviously a great support her and her extended family. But lets face it young women arent attracted to old men - especially from different cultures.

So long as he knows that he is being taken for a ride. A lot of support here - but i suspect from those in similar situations. He is obviously a great support her and her extended family. But lets face it young women arent attracted to old men - especially from different cultures.

I guess you have never heard of an old guy called God.....loved.....nay worshipped.... by millions of women from many different cultures... :o

We each take from any relationship what we require....if possible....but this is very individual.....maybe those that support....are the supportive type of people....and those that choose not to support???.......

Don't you find it strange the way that old guys quickly dismiss older women (or should i say women their own age) as being undesirable, but if anyone questions why a cute young girl that could easily be their daughter, would find an old man like themselves desirable, they'll give you a whole host of reasons as to why it's perfectly plausible and nothing to do with the money.

Not strange at all.

Haven't you heard of one of the lesser Murphy's Laws, the Connery Dichotomy?

When a man turns 60, he can look more and more like Sean Connery.

But when a woman turns 60, she can look more and more like...

Sean Connery.

The father (your fil) would need to apply for the babies british nationality, the non British parent is not required to sign anything.

That was not true in my case. The mother had to sign paternity papers as well as me. She had to confirm that I was the father.

How odd, when I applied for my sons UK PP last year it only asked for british parents signature & their proof of right to pass on nationality (my passport), it asked for info of the father & we showed we are legally married but he was not required to sign a thing.

If it is the same as New Zealand, the father has to provide proof of paternity. The mother's proof is giving birth - therefore if the mother is the westerner she does not have to provide further proof that she is the mother in order to apply for citizenship for her child. However, if applying for citizenship by descent on the father's side, he needs to provide genetic proof of paternity as a couple could just be saying he is the father to get the citizenship when in fact the biological father could actually be someone completely different.

As this is your father-in-law, I assume this is your husband's father.

This pattern of behaviour is extremely familiar and hundreds of Western men are in precisely the same situation.

Your husband has a very high chance of saying goodbye to any inheritance he might have otherwise have got.

Your father-in-law has a small to medium chance of being booted out on his arse, penniless, when he is unable to provide the requisite £2,000 per month or before that if the capital from the Thai properties is required by the wife's family.

Your father-in-law has a slim chance of being murdered if he is worth more dead than alive due to, say, the bequests in his will or life insurance.

You have very little chance of being able to persuade him to change his behaviour.

just about sums it up

Given the choice I dont think many guys would opt for a wife from the "blue rinse" brigade!

so true

NanLaew

Haven't you heard of one of the lesser Murphy's Laws, the Connery Dichotomy?

When a man turns 60, he can look more and more like Sean Connery.

Can, but so very rarely do, more Alf Garnett/Victor Meldrew than aged James Bond, if what I see walking around in that age group is anything to go by :o:D

NellieB, your FIL buying 2 houses,2 cars,2 bikes and spending 120,000 baht per month is being taken to the cleaners,pure and simple.Why would a 67 y.o. who has 6 children want more?His young wife may want children,but its also another way of securing his money.Her family must be laughing all the way to the temple.

You have a right to be really concerned.But as other posters have said,he is over 21 and can decide for himself how he spends his money.I am sure he's enjoying himself,and why not,but his wife and family are gold digging and by the sounds of it very successfully too.

Having said that you only live once,let him enjoy.