The Garden Cafe (bake&bite 1)

damole

FYI

The long serving, very lovely manager from the original Bake&Bite 1 on Kotchasan has just opened a new cafe/restaurant a little further along the soi that runs alongside B&B past Inter Inn on the right. She is serving B&B products and anybody who has been a regular customer since the beginning, I'm sure would like to support her. She's very happy to have her own place now. I went there yesterday afternoon and had a very pleasant lunch in the garden. I was given this information by the owner of B&B who also seemed happy for her longest serving staff member. B&B 1 will be closing soon so if like me you still prefer the original shop better go visit soon.

Edited by damole

FYI

The long serving, very lovely manager from the original Bake&Bite 1 on Kotchasan has just opened a new cafe/restaurant a little further along the soi that runs alongside B&B past Inter Inn on the right. She is serving B&B products and anybody who has been a regular customer since the beginning, I'm sure would like to support her. She's very happy to have her own place now. I went there yesterday afternoon and had a very pleasant lunch in the garden. I was given this information by the owner of B&B who also seemed happy for her longest serving staff member. B&B 1 will be closing soon so if like me you still prefer the original shop better go visit soon.

Good luck to the lady, B&B is certainly a quality, US-authentic business. But WHY another GARDEN in Chiang Mai?? This is at least one Garden too many.

The first in my recollection was the Garden Guest House & Restaurant in Rachadamnoen, near the Writers Club & Wine Bar, still there and doing well, but suffering a little from a similarly named restaurant only a few doors away.

Then we had (have) The Garden Bar elsewhere in town which is I think a popular gay venue, now this one!

If I was the original I would be getting pretty hacked off by now. Can't folks be just a tad original? If you are by a bridge, The Bridge Too Far Bar. A city gate? Hinge & Bracket.

FYI

Good luck to the lady, B&B is certainly a quality, US-authentic business. But WHY another GARDEN in Chiang Mai?? This is at least one Garden too many.

The first in my recollection was the Garden Guest House & Restaurant in Rachadamnoen, near the Writers Club & Wine Bar, still there and doing well, but suffering a little from a similarly named restaurant only a few doors away.

Then we had (have) The Garden Bar elsewhere in town which is I think a popular gay venue, now this one!

If I was the original I would be getting pretty hacked off by now. Can't folks be just a tad original? If you are by a bridge, The Bridge Too Far Bar. A city gate? Hinge & Bracket.

There is also another "The Garden" Restaurant down the road from Meechok Plaza. It looks very nice and elegant, but I have never seen a customer in there.