Climbing Guide Sought For Northernmost Thailand

brahmburgers

I've secured a parcel of land near Chiang Rai that will be ideal for rock climbing.

I don't mind developing it, but would rather have someone managing the activities. The reason I'm posting this on the Krabi forum (rather than Chiang Rai) is because there are already a pool of experienced climbers around Krabi.

When it's ready, we'll need a manager with the following parameters:

- rock climbing experience

- trustworthy, mature

- can speak English and Thai

added points for having a Thai trekking guide license

Humble lodging provided. income based on commission.

Alternatively, will consider some organization leasing the climbing park from me.

The property is 10 minutes drive NW from downtown Chiang Rai, off a paved road, 10 minute stroll to Mae Kok river. Mae Kok can be seen from up on the rock. We'll start by developing top-rope climbing routes, then go on to developing big wall routes nearby. We'll have solar power and a beach volleyball court. River raft floats could be an added attraction. Contact me for added info, suggestions, etc.

• 1 month later...
Gads, this is a sleepy forum. 46 views, no responses. This notice was posted 2 days ago and it's still in top spot.

oh well, I guess there aren't any climbers in the Krabi area interested in branching out to Chiang Rai area - or perhaps not motivated enough to speak up.

I think most people see that you have posted something for Chiang Rai in the Krabi forum, read the first line and bail.

Seems logical if you are looking for a guide in Chiang Rai, they would need local knowledge that a Krabi guide probably doesn't have.

I'm going to assume you are intelligent and have posted this in the Chiang Rai Forum.

Gads, this is a sleepy forum. 46 views, no responses. This notice was posted 2 days ago and it's still in top spot.

oh well, I guess there aren't any climbers in the Krabi area interested in branching out to Chiang Rai area - or perhaps not motivated enough to speak up.

I'm going to assume you are intelligent and have posted this in the Chiang Rai Forum.

Whoooooops, my bad, I don't see it there

There was a climbing location of sorts near CR a few years back, Supposedly, some of the routes were already bolted (I think that's the terminology).

One option would be to contact the guys who run The Peak in CM (is it still operating?). They should have the necessary experience and may be able to predict the market.

I can't imagine someone wanted to leaves the hottest climbing spot in Thailand for a start-up in a much smaller market.