Easykart

rambler

Not usually one to get involved in reccomending places to c or go in Pattaya but just had a great 2 or 3 hrs at the new Easy Kart track at Bali hi pier ,looks like a big investment , very well designed , well run and staffed ,not overly expensive and most importantly very safe, my 8 yr old lad and i both had a blast around then watched the serious guys go hel_l 4 leather from the veiwing area/restaurant upstairs (even the food was pretty dam good) for everthing drinks,2 starters,2 main and the karts 1300 bt (only 20 quid approx). I hope it goes well for whoever owns the place WELL WORTH A VISIT

they are 1200b for 2 sessions - 8 mins per session.

expensive as far as karting goes in pattaya (for a 4 stroke)

its a small tight track, and they are 4-stroke 270cc hondas on a sodi chassis. great for a rental company, not much fun for someone wanting some speed.

its like mowing laws on a fast lawnmower.

threpasit has 100cc karts for about 500b for 10 mins, mini siam runs 100cc for 1000b for 10 or so minutes, and the easykart out at bira is the best deal, about 10 mins on the bira track, for 1000b in a 125cc rotax on a sodi chassis. well worth the trip.

problems with siam and threppasit, is inconsistency, poor maintenance makes every kart handle and power differently, and sometime they fail. at mini siam more often than not.

i used 4 karts in 10 mins one time i was there.

overall the bali hai karts are ok, they are all even, same chassis and engine power etc. best part about the place is the track has more than 3 corners unlike the threppasit track, and it's a nice smooth surface.

will be much better if the link the two track there together for rentals.

other than that it's worth a visit, make your own opinion of the place, as much as i prefer a faster kart and bigger circuit, i've been down there about 10 times now, i'd fine with paying more for a consistent kart and a decent track.

they are 1200b for 2 sessions - 8 mins per session.

expensive as far as karting goes in pattaya (for a 4 stroke)

its a small tight track, and they are 4-stroke 270cc hondas on a sodi chassis. great for a rental company, not much fun for someone wanting some speed.

its like mowing laws on a fast lawnmower.

threpasit has 100cc karts for about 500b for 10 mins, mini siam runs 100cc for 1000b for 10 or so minutes, and the easykart out at bira is the best deal, about 10 mins on the bira track, for 1000b in a 125cc rotax on a sodi chassis. well worth the trip.

problems with siam and threppasit, is inconsistency, poor maintenance makes every kart handle and power differently, and sometime they fail. at mini siam more often than not.

i used 4 karts in 10 mins one time i was there.

overall the bali hai karts are ok, they are all even, same chassis and engine power etc. best part about the place is the track has more than 3 corners unlike the threppasit track, and it's a nice smooth surface.

will be much better if the link the two track there together for rentals.

other than that it's worth a visit, make your own opinion of the place, as much as i prefer a faster kart and bigger circuit, i've been down there about 10 times now, i'd fine with paying more for a consistent kart and a decent track.

Thanks for the info! Well I probably will take a look the coming weekend. Have you ever visited the BIRA Karting place? I pass there every day, but never made the stop so far :-)

Have you ever visited the BIRA Karting place?

This is actually owned by the same group (easy kart).

It's normally very quit but would be an excellent location to organize events, and it's virtually behind my corner as well!

Excellent circuit with many lay-out possibilities, but sadly no F&B facilities apart from some soft drink vending machines which are most of the time malfunctioning...

Can be extremely busy when they have races on.

Guys,

Bira circuit is no doubt the best circuit in Pattaya. You can get the fastest 4 strokes and also Rotax 125 cc karts that are 12-14 seconds faster per lap than the 4 strokes. they are a MIND blower i promise. The closest thing to a real race Kart. And if you want a full blown race kart they have ONE of them as well..............Tony Kart with Rotax 125 Unrestricted.

Cant speak more highly of this place. Clean toilets, cold drinks from vendor but hey if you want choice chuck some Cans in a plastic Bag with ice and dont worry.

More Fun than walking street. As a karter in my previous life (younger) i certainly cant speak highly enough and have been there with all my friends and really had a great day. Far better than Crap karts in Theppresit and Sukhumvit road. And well Bali High is ok for novice But if you have BALLS the size of MELONS go to Bira Circuit. and see how much of a man you really are.

You might be surprised.

At Bali Hai they offer now an expat package....100 Tickets at 360 Baht each for the big carts (usually 600).

You will get a membership card and their computer tracks who has driven how many times so that you will know how much credit for YOU (not the entire group) is left over.

I am interested in offer and if there are others out there to chip in send me a PM! :o

i always wanted to go and have a race at the circuit. but i am not such a great fan for karts. but i like motorbikes more as i have grown up with them. only the wind going through me hair makes me feel alive.

once you hit the 140-180 mark. it is like your are alone on the road :D .(except there is a car, dog cat or another bike) cutting the way. :o

i also heard that the bira circuit also has big bikes for testing. but at high prices.

Edited by PTYstefan

i like the sound of the bira karts,id like to test my melon balls on that tony cart,why the hel_l is it called tony,not to do with that over publicised pratt i hope...gets his name on anything,surprised its not on my dogs crap within seconds of him releiving himself,i digress!

120kmph on a cart would definitely seem v fast,if u got a good threppasit kart it felt quite fast on the straight and first bend if you kept on the gas full,if easykart bali is slower then im afraid im not too keen as want a but of excitement for that money......u can hire an r1 for the day for similar money and scare yourself shhhitless driving around pattaya .

also i thought that bira was open to bikers some days for trackdays or is that all in the past.....if not then why not hire yourself a pattaya rental(instead of at the circuit) and go for it.....dont come off or tell the rental company what u plan to do.

i always wanted to go and have a race at the circuit. but i am not such a great fan for karts. but i like motorbikes more as i have grown up with them. only the wind going through me hair makes me feel alive.

once you hit the 140-180 mark. it is like your are alone on the road :D .(except there is a car, dog cat or another bike) cutting the way. :o

i also heard that the bira circuit also has big bikes for testing. but at high prices.

Check out Highside tours at Bira, big bkes for a blast!! Awesome!

tattoodrob - the bira carts are 125cc rotax with a sodi chassis. 120kmph. 1000b for 10 mins.

the thepprasit are 100cc yamaha with god knows what old chassis, you'd hit upwards of 80-90km on their high end karts. mostly because the straight is so short, and since the track is so small and tight, the kart doesn't really have any time to get into the power range.

the bira kart track and bira race track are sperate, the kart track is for karting only, the full race track is open for cars and bikes every day except for event days.

Edited by foxxx

thanks for the advise, i will try it out some time and see if i could beat the fastest lap. because even on the old big circuit, i have been on sometimes. they have after 1 race on a 50-80cc kart ( i only had perfect laps and no sliding out or stops)

after i got the feeling for the track (know the in and outs, break and go lines) i when for the big one.

they started me once and i never stopped until they called me out so i had another go. but i have realized that the wheels have worn out (normally they would give you just a new kart) they just changed the whole set (brand new ones) for me to have another go with some extra time.

i have asked them before i headed home why they did not change the cart, the answer was " you are the ist customer that could drive this kart, because normally it is only for the staff ( custom made engine )"

as i wanted to go back to them again they have closed and there for are now buildings standing there to be like the rest of them (empty)

thanks for the advise, i will try it out some time and see if i could beat the fastest lap. because even on the old big circuit, i have been on sometimes. they have after 1 race on a 50-80cc kart ( i only had perfect laps and no sliding out or stops)

after i got the feeling for the track (know the in and outs, break and go lines) i when for the big one.

they started me once and i never stopped until they called me out so i had another go. but i have realized that the wheels have worn out (normally they would give you just a new kart) they just changed the whole set (brand new ones) for me to have another go with some extra time.

i have asked them before i headed home why they did not change the cart, the answer was " you are the ist customer that could drive this kart, because normally it is only for the staff ( custom made engine )"

as i wanted to go back to them again they have closed and there for are now buildings standing there to be like the rest of them (empty)

!!! strange answer. the karts at Bira are still there. and they now have ATV trips out and also buggys. 2 hour adventures across the land out towards mabprachan lake.

:o