Cheap Flooring

ollylama

hi, i'm moving into a new house with a scratched-up and stained floor. i'd like a cheap way to cover it over. i checked out pvc tiles at home pro - but at 1000 baht per box of 45 foot-square tiles, that's going to be pricey. does anyone know a place to get much cheaper plastic tiles or maybe linoleum? the linoleum i've seen at places like lotus are brutally ugly. i'd like something that doesn't hurt the eyes, maybe a nice faux wood grain.

maybe there's an "area" for this sort of thing - the same way chiang moi road is an"area" for cheap electronics and furnture?

thanks to all in advance for your help!

hi, i'm moving into a new house with a scratched-up and stained floor. i'd like a cheap way to cover it over. i checked out pvc tiles at home pro - but at 1000 baht per box of 45 foot-square tiles, that's going to be pricey. does anyone know a place to get much cheaper plastic tiles or maybe linoleum? the linoleum i've seen at places like lotus are brutally ugly. i'd like something that doesn't hurt the eyes, maybe a nice faux wood grain.

maybe there's an "area" for this sort of thing - the same way chiang moi road is an"area" for cheap electronics and furnture?

You can get lino at the end of Chiang Moi Road at the main market (Warrorot) area. A few shops near the corner, where 7/11 is, sell it. Coming with the traffic they are on the left.

You can get lino at the end of Chiang Moi Road at the main market (Warrorot) area. A few shops near the corner, where 7/11 is, sell it. Coming with the traffic they are on the left.

Thanks, I was around there yesterday and couldn't find any patterns that weren't over the top garish. am now looking for cheap plastic tiles to cover the damaged cheap plastic tiles which are currently on my floor. but i can't find them anywhere. anybody have any ideas? thanks

Thanks, I was around there yesterday and couldn't find any patterns that weren't over the top garish. am now looking for cheap plastic tiles to cover the damaged cheap plastic tiles which are currently on my floor. but i can't find them anywhere. anybody have any ideas? thanks

Damaged cheap plastic tiles to be covered with cheap plastic tiles which will soon be damaged like the older ones? New tiles on top of old broken ones will not last long, you need to remove the old ones. Then try ceramic instead of plastic, it will last longer, look better and can be found easily because it is so much better than plastic.

Damaged cheap plastic tiles to be covered with cheap plastic tiles which will soon be damaged like the older ones? New tiles on top of old broken ones will not last long, you need to remove the old ones. Then try ceramic instead of plastic, it will last longer, look better and can be found easily because it is so much better than plastic.

they're not that damaged, just scratched and worn and ugly. the folks who rented before us had some kind of a business that was very hard on floors. i was hoping there might be a cheap and easy solution, so i figured putting new plastic tiles on top would be good. ripping it all out and putting in ceramic sounds like a lot of work. maybe linoleum will do.