Clean beaches

marios

My wife and I hope to retire in Thailand at a seaside resort/town.

From my  own experience, Pattaya itself is a no no. (4 visits)

I am not sure about all of Jomtien coastline as I have only been to Ambassodor Jomtien and the beach was not that appealing.

Huahin seems fine and still unpolluted but I would like some feedback from those who have some idea as to which location along the beach is in their opinion the best choice.

Our needs dictate the existance of facilities,such as western standard hospitals and medical care as I am a retiree.

Patong beach is polluted and Samui is too small for credible medical facilities I think.(I have been to both).Phuket has good facilities but the clean beaches are far from Puket City and hospitals and compounded with the steep prices make Phuket a reluctant no.

Huahin is a hope I think.

Please give me your info. ]

Thank you

Mario, here is a link to Samui International Hospital, which I think you'll agree, looks very credible. It is one of the best hospitals I have ever been in both here & abroad.

http://www.sih.co.th/

As to the other places you mentioned, I couldn't personally comment as I have never been there but I have had reports about Hua Hin from friends to say that it has gone a bit down market of late & the cleanliness of the place has gone down too. Best to check it out before making any long term committment. Best of Luck.