Non O Visa Run Perth

Just a short note re a visa run to Perth, Australia. I hold a British passport, rather than go to the UK ( Hull )to get a new one year Non O visa I decided to fly to Perth on Sun 7th Sept, I stayed in a resonable hotel on Hay Street, ( Criterion Hotel $95 Aus) 5 mins walk from the Thai consulate.

Consulate only open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9.00am - 12 Noon. I went to the consulate on Tuesday morning ( 9.00am ) with a signed copy of my girlfriends ID card and a letter of guarentee ( mine was from a Police Colonel, but even a letter from your neighbour, girlfriend, to the best of my knowledge would do ) + the filled out forms for the visa you can get these and pre fill them out from by e-mail [email protected]

The cost of the visa was $225 AUS and it was ready by 1.00pm the same day, without any issues. The staff at the consulate polite and easy to deal with.

Returned on the 14th Sept ready to stay another year in LOS !

Thank you MookyG because I have the same idea.

I love Perth but have not been there for 7 years and never applied for a Thai visa there.

I have just obtained an Australian visa using the internet and my credit card.

I have a UK passport.

I know the area well or used to.

Please could you say more about this letter of guarantee.

Guarantee of or for what?

Why did you need a copy of your girlfriend's id card?

I have the idea to apply for a one year non 0 multiple entry. I am over 50.

I love Perth but have not been there for 7 years and never applied for a Thai visa there.

I have a UK passport.

I have applied a couple of times for Non O Visa at Perth office-last time being February 2008 and neither time have I had to produce anything other than passport and photos and complete form. I have a Thai husband but did not have to produce marriage cert or any letters etc.

I was always under the assumption that you submitted your passport on the Tuesday and didn't get it back until the Thursday. So, Perth can be processed in 1 day?

Raesum: Did you get your visa on the same day you applied in Perth?

Edited by jamesjdaly

I was always under the assumption that you submitted your passport on the Tuesday and didn't get it back until the Thursday. So, Perth can be processed in 1 day?

Raesum: Did you get your visa on the same day you applied in Perth?

Yes I did. Mind you I live in country WA so used that as my reason. Make sure you go as close to opening time as possible as I'm sure this would help.

I have a UK passport.

Hi Jobsworth,

I too applied for the e-visa from the internet all pretty simple process ... The letter of guarantee in the "true" sense is someone who would provide financial assistance in the event you having no money or cannot support yourself in the future, in my case my letter just stated that the guarantor had known me for 8 months, seen my financial status and could see no reason why a years visa should not be issued. The consulate didn't look at any bank books etc that I had with me, so I guess anyone could write the letter of guarentee.

The copy of my girlfriends ID was asked for as I was applying to visit family and friends..... I have attached the guildlines I was sent by the consulate in Perth. You will see that these items are asked for.

Having been in Thailand a year now I always think the more documents you can provide the greater the chance of you getting what you want !!

Guidelines__O__Visa_2007.doc

ADDITIONAL_FORM__O__VISA.doc

Visa_Application_Form.doc

• 2 months later...

Yo!

I am in Perth Australia.

Just yesterday Tuesday at 9am I went to the Thai consulate

with my passport, money and all of the paperwork.

Not Yvonne but her friend told me to come back at 1pm

when she returned my passport with a one year non o visa.

I had money to show but was not asked.

I did show a letter of guarantee and a photocopy of my girlfriend's id.

They have changed slightly the format of the application form

but were happy to accept the old forms available from this thread.

A note about flying:-

Bangkok to Perth with Singapore Air costs 26,500 Baht with a change of plane in Singapore.

There is a minimum stay of 5 days and a maximum stay of 60 days.

You can change the departure date.

Bangkok to Perth with Thai Air costs about the same and is a direct non stop flight.

You cannot change the departure date.

(Information and prices from BAAS BOSS on Pattaya 2nd Road

near the intersection with Pattaya Tai)

Australia is not so bad and the food is great.

The Thai consulate is just down the road from Jewell House

a backpackers at A$41 per night.

Expensive by Thai standards, cheap by Australian standards.

Pity about the old church which is being rebuilt as a concrete cathedral with a 2 story car park

and all of the other development in Perth but it is still an interesting place

worth spending a little time in.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

im going to ask vor a visa thomorow in perth consulate

i just want to know, you guys have asking a non-o with only a recomendation letter, copy of girls friend id etc...

you are over 50 year old right?

if someone as getting a non-o with just paper like that and is not over 50, in perth embassy please let me know

thank you

bye :o

The previous posts where they had the cpoy of ID and letter were from those under 50.

You might be able to show that you have some money in the bank if you don't have the letter.

hi,

thank you for your reply, im going yesterday with a copy of my passbook from he bkk bank and a copy of my gf id

they said to me everything ok, so now im waiting thomorow to pick-up the passport

i let you know thomorow if im geting my non-o

thank you for the usefull information to all in this thread

:o

Edited by kleik

• 1 month later...

More recent updates would be interesting..

Are they actually asking for a copy of bank passbook letter of recommendation or copy of girlfriends id etc..

Air asia is so cheap right now if you book two months in advance I think its only 2000 bhat one way from kl.

Unbeleivable by former standards of price.

Anyone asked for proof of return ticket or finances to AUS immigration on arrival?

• 4 weeks later...

I was helped a lot by the messages about obtaining a Thai visa from the Perth Thai Honorary Consulate. I will post my report.

I flew from Thailand to KL to Perth and back with Air Asia. I caught a good sale, so round trip was $350 USD. The Air Asia plane is brand new and was not very crowded. It felt it was a good deal.

The Honorary Consulate was great, not many people on Tuesday morning at 9:30am. Just a few people hoping to get tourist visas (they were free). I applied for a Non-O ED visa. I did not have a letter from my school, just a receipt of payment for tuition. The woman said it was ok and I could pick up on Thursday which was fine with me. If you asked her nicely, I would bet she could process it in one day.

Picked up my visa on Thursday morning and paid $225 AUD. Entered Thailand with no problem. It is a multiple entry visa with each entry good for 90 days.

Thanks to the all the posters who wrote about getting a visa in Perth.

Yo!

I am in Perth Australia.

Just yesterday Tuesday at 9am I went to the Thai consulate

with my passport, money and all of the paperwork.

Not Yvonne but her friend told me to come back at 1pm

when she returned my passport with a one year non o visa.

I had money to show but was not asked.

I did show a letter of guarantee and a photocopy of my girlfriend's id.

They have changed slightly the format of the application form

but were happy to accept the old forms available from this thread.

A note about flying:-

Bangkok to Perth with Singapore Air costs 26,500 Baht with a change of plane in Singapore.

There is a minimum stay of 5 days and a maximum stay of 60 days.

You can change the departure date.

Bangkok to Perth with Thai Air costs about the same and is a direct non stop flight.

You cannot change the departure date.

(Information and prices from BAAS BOSS on Pattaya 2nd Road

near the intersection with Pattaya Tai)

Australia is not so bad and the food is great.

The Thai consulate is just down the road from Jewell House

a backpackers at A$41 per night.

Expensive by Thai standards, cheap by Australian standards.

Pity about the old church which is being rebuilt as a concrete cathedral with a 2 story car park

and all of the other development in Perth but it is still an interesting place

worth spending a little time in.

could someone please tell me do you still have to have 8000'000b in thai bank if you go to perth

All I can say" Perth rocks" the best place to go for your visa with no problem at all, all my friends went there and not one ever got refused a visa (including me) who ever the consulate in Perth is I guess he

deserves a pat on the shoulder.

could someone please tell me do you still have to have 8000'000b in thai bank if you go to perth

Ihad to have the 800000 in an australian bank.

I needed to get the letter from the bank notorized by a lawyer which cost $70.

I also had to have a police clearance and medical certificate.

This was for a Non 0=A

800K in a Thai bank is an immigration requirement for extension of stay inside Thailand for retirement. It has never been a normal Consulate requirement for visa issue. Only Consulate that had such a requirement that I know of was Singapore for a year or so - but that has ended.

800K in a Thai bank is an immigration requirement for extension of stay inside Thailand for retirement. It has never been a normal Consulate requirement for visa issue. Only Consulate that had such a requirement that I know of was Singapore for a year or so - but that has ended.
You are right again lop it never has been

2.Documents for the Applications

1. A passport valid no less than one year and a half

2. Four completed and signed Visa Application Form (attached with one

photo for each visa application form).

3. A Personal Data Form

4. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no

less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a

monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus

monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.

5. In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank

(an original copy) is to be shown as well.

6. Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from

the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid

for no more than 3 months).

7. A Medical certificate issued from the country where the application is

submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Miniterial

Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for no more

than 3 months)

8. In the case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together

in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the O-A code visa, their

marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence. (The spouse will

be considered for the Visa for Temporary Residents under the 'O' Code).

Note:

1. When you have prepared all the documents from stage 2. You then

must make 3 photocopies per each of the

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/consular_section.asp

And these were the rules applied to me 5 months ago in Perth

so if I make a trip to perth every 15 mths I dont have to show 800k in a thai bank is that correct?

so if I make a trip to perth every 15 mths I dont have to show 800k in a thai bank is that correct?

That is correct - but at any time they could require other documents for multi entry non immigrant O visa issue.

My reading is that if you have a multiple entry and re-enter just at the end of year one you have two years before the money has to be in a thai bank....well less the three months seasoning time.

Edited by harrry

That is correct - but at any time they could require other documents for multi entry non immigrant O visa issue.

thank youveeeeeery much

Again - this thread is not about OA visas - it is about multi entry non immigrant O visas which allow 90 day stays. The rules and use are not the same.

sorry now I am confused do you mean an O visa is not for 1 year or is it for one year and you have to report to immigration every 90 days same as a non immigrant B

• 1 month later...

Regarding the non O visas in Perth.............do you HAVE to be a ozzy national, or would i just be able to go in eith my British passport. I have a ex g/f that lives in Brisbane..........ALOT further i know. I was just thinking she could fly up and meet me in Perth if this was the case.