Dutch Schengen Visa

I am planning a UK home visit with wife and bairn for Christmas and considering a stopover in Amsterdam on the way back. I read that the Schengen visa she will need is best acquired prior to departing Thailand. Anyone with experience with obtaining that in Bangkok at the Dutch legation? From their website, the application procedure at the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok seems as arduous as the UK Embassy's but I did read of someone getting a Schengen visa with a lot less hassle in Aberdeen where we would be staying. Just wonder if anyone has applied for a Dutch Schengen visa in Bangkok or see any hassles with her applying for one after departing Thailand.

Many thanks!

^^ As she's your wife and you're (I presume!) a UK citizen, she shouldn't have much hassle in getting a Schengen Visa valid for (say) 3 months from the Dutch Embassy in BKK. No need to show financial info and the application is also free, which makes a refreshing change.

Apply for the UK visitors visa first, once that's granted, she should be fine.

Edited by paully

Thanks for the answers. We will get her UK visit visa after we have the bairns UK passport issued next month as I would imagine having that would make getting her visit visa easier. Been married 1 year with (by then) 8 month-old so hopefully it will all be a dawdle.