Compensation after taxi accident ?

thaigerd

May be some one has good advice for me:

Having had a horrible accident by using the service from Thai Airways Limo. Service last year in May(a friend of mine too in the car) I am still waiting for some compensation from this company. We are using a lawyer from BKK, but it seems to me they are just playing around with us. We have copies from the police report that indicates the driver's fault( speeding and reckless driving). As a result the car turned over on the highway and we only survived cause we have used the belts on the back seat, we both needed med. treatment in a clinic after.

I ve lost my mobile, very expensive glasses from Germany and all my clothes. I gave them all the original bills, but they even did not pay all my expenses from the clinic.

Now nearly 1,5 years later nothing happened, still waiting....

May be our lawyer is a bit lazy.........I don't know.

May be some one has had the same experience and has a good advice for us what to do or knows a good lawyer for such cases.

Thanks for help.

Gerd

I am living and working in Thailand foe some years now.

Is it a Thai lawyer? There are some farang lawyers operating in Thailand - some good ones where listed in the thread about sueing the police - try a search. Obviously, I'm suggesting giving your lawyer the heave-ho he is just collecting your retainer and building up the bills. Ask him to send a full report of the actions he has taken over the last 1.5 years. If its bugger all or complete BS (as I expect), then sack him. But get your papers off him first of course.