Leaving Thailand, We Need A Loving Home For These Two

Somtamnication

They are two females, fixed. 5 years old. They need a place with a large garden.

Both are very loyal, and great to play with. The black striped one is the barker and watchdog. The brown one is fatter, barks when convenient and is a follower to her older sister.

We leave next week. We hate to leave them at a dog pound, they deserve better.

Call Poo at 0819792371

lucky.jpg

nampoong.jpg

Edited by Somtamnication

Both have been around children since they were pups. My 2.5 year old son is fine with them and they are very gentle and loving to him.

Lucky does what I call The Lucky Dance. You give her a chewy, and she takes it, sitting down, then gets up and tosses it up in the air and jumps up and down, finishes it in a few minutes.

Nampoong tries to copy her sister, but cannot. Too heavy.

Both dogs have been fed on dog food only. Nampoong needs that garden to run and take some of that weight off.

Both have been around children since they were pups. My 2.5 year old son is fine with them and they are very gentle and loving to him.

Lucky does what I call The Lucky Dance. You give her a chewy, and she takes it, sitting down, then gets up and tosses it up in the air and jumps up and down, finishes it in a few minutes.

Nampoong tries to copy her sister, but cannot. Too heavy.

Both dogs have been fed on dog food only. Nampoong needs that garden to run and take some of that weight off.

i wish i could help you but i have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a minor bird i reared from a chick and can,t fly. have you tried soi dog j and j would help you i am sure.good luck

They are indoor dogs. We have a small area for them. Nampung does not like to have her nails clipped. We will take her to the vet and have them do it.

A couple of times they ran out of the gate and we yelled at them and they came back. They have no idea what cars can do, so they are not soi dog wise.

TAWP... are you the sd foundation or private with a large area?

They are two females, fixed. 5 years old. They need a place with a large garden.

Both are very loyal, and great to play with. The black striped one is the barker and watchdog. The brown one is fatter, barks when convenient and is a follower to her older sister.

We leave next week.

We hate to leave them at a dog pound, they deserve better.

Call Poo at 0819792371

lucky.jpg

nampoong.jpg

So having kept the dogs for 5 years they are now surplus to your requirements, and you are seeking to emotionally blackmail someone to take them in by threatinging to put them in a dog pound.

You are quite right, they do deserve better, FROM YOU!!!!!!!

You are leaving them behind by choice, you could equally make the effort to take them with you.

You know very well that there is very little chance of someone taking on a 5 year old dog and even less chance of finding a suitable home willling to take on 2 litter sisters of 5 years of age, particularly when one is a consistent barker.

This is your problem, you should ite the bullet and take them with you, if you are too selfish to do that and a SUITABLE nw home cannot be found then you need to take them to the vets and stay and hold them them whist they are humanely destroyed, putting thm in a dog pound is abrogating your responsibility and unfair on the dog in the long term.

Holding the dogs whilst they are destroyed is not nice, but I hope it may go some way to ensure you never even consider owning a dog in the future.

You said it yourself, they desrve better!

Roy gsd

We have some 29 dogs now, but if they go well with other dogs...

Your neighbours. I feel their pain.

It should be illegal to own 29 dogs. Can you honestly name all of them? You should get into the manure business.

todd

You are on your todd with that one!

I am sure they know not only each of the dogs names but also the indevidual traits of each and every one of them.

These people are clearly taking in dogs that some selfish gits have become bored with.

It should be illegal to own a dog and get expect others to take it on when they cannot be bothered to do what is required to provide a home for life for the dog they after all, chose to purchase.

It is far too easy for people to purchase a dog and even easier to cast it out when they are bored with it.

roy gsd

We leave next week.

We hate to leave them at a dog pound, they deserve better.

Call Poo at 0819792371

lucky.jpg

nampoong.jpg

So having kept the dogs for 5 years they are now surplus to your requirements, and you are seeking to emotionally blackmail someone to take them in by threatinging to put them in a dog pound.

You are leaving them behind by choice, you could equally make the effort to take them with you.

You know very well that there is very little chance of someone taking on a 5 year old dog and even less chance of finding a suitable home willling to take on 2 litter sisters of 5 years of age, particularly when one is a consistent barker.

This is your problem, you should ite the bullet and take them with you, if you are too selfish to do that and a SUITABLE nw home cannot be found then you need to take them to the vets and stay and hold them them whist they are humanely destroyed, putting thm in a dog pound is abrogating your responsibility and unfair on the dog in the long term.

Holding the dogs whilst they are destroyed is not nice, but I hope it may go some way to ensure you never even consider owning a dog in the future.

Roy gsd

Ah, a holier than thou expat. You know NOTHING of my situation, so do not judge me. People in glass houses..... sigh.

there is no excuse for not clipping though

maybe the fat one doesnt like walking much cos its painful

if they are not walking a lot on hard surfaces they dont wear down and u need to clip them

have u ever done that since u have had them? perhaps before they used to be more active and didnt need it done but they are way too long in the photos

They are indoor dogs. We have a small area for them. Nampung does not like to have her nails clipped. We will take her to the vet and have them do it.

A couple of times they ran out of the gate and we yelled at them and they came back. They have no idea what cars can do, so they are not soi dog wise.

TAWP... are you the sd foundation or private with a large area?

Private land, decently large in Bangkok.

It should be illegal to own 29 dogs. Can you honestly name all of them? You should get into the manure business.

todd

Yes, I can tell the name of all and each dogs personality.

todd

You are on your todd with that one!

I am sure they know not only each of the dogs names but also the indevidual traits of each and every one of them.

These people are clearly taking in dogs that some selfish gits have become bored with.

It should be illegal to own a dog and get expect others to take it on when they cannot be bothered to do what is required to provide a home for life for the dog they after all, chose to purchase.

It is far too easy for people to purchase a dog and even easier to cast it out when they are bored with it.

roy gsd

Thanks roy for your support.

As outlined in other topics, we have had up to 34 dogs, but 5 has passed away last 2 years due to old age (even the ridgebacks got kinda old, but now several of the siblings are old).

The reason we have so many dogs is due to people in the area leaving boxes of puppies on our land, expecting those 'with money' to take care of them. Shame on the owners that have dogs that let them roam free, get pregnant and dump the litter on other peoples land with no follow-up how it even goes!

Last box one of the puppies was already dead when we heard the sounds from them and found it. They could at least have placed it more visible... 5 of the puppies remain on the land in BKK, 4 was sent to one of our farms outside, from that litter.

I have one personal dog that I brought from Europe.

So now he has a lot of friends. (And some not so friends...)

and why is the dog so fat? its like parents with fat kids, it is the parents responsibly to ensure good health and nutrition.

True we dont know your situation and I understand why people judge you yet I understand you probably gave these dogs 5 years of a nice life.

Good luck.

and why is the dog so fat? its like parents with fat kids, it is the parents responsibly to ensure good health and nutrition.

True we dont know your situation and I understand why people judge you yet I understand you probably gave these dogs 5 years of a nice life.

Good luck.

We have only fed them dog food and the usual chewys (which can be fattening). I have no idea why she is like that. They have individual bowls and so on. We clip their claws every 3 months or so. Due to my ill health, I have been unable to pick them up and take them to the vet. I always clip them wrong, hence the need for a pro to do it.

As her twin died a few days old, she was thoroughly malnourished, so that could have had an impact on her brain. That is why her name is nampoong. She was near death, asleep, motionless. I put some honey on my fingertip and her eyes popped open when I inserted it in her mouth.

Both dogs are rescued dogs. But I am sure even that will cause hypocrites on this forum to judge even a rescue. :o

i cant believe the amount of anger that has been directed at a man who is only trying to find a good home for his two dogs! its not an easy decision to pass them on, and he is making every effort to see that they do not end up with the wrong people. giving them a good home is much better then putting them down, surely!

ok, the dogs have long toenails. that can be easily fixed, so i suggest you get over it.

give the guy a break. hes trying to do the right thing. if you care so much, give the dogs a home.

As stated rescue dogs to start with....good on you ..

Now situation has changed Op mentions ill health and for trying to get help some of you give him shiite ........

My friend ended up in a wheelchair had to move to care home whilst recovering and had to give up dogs ....does that make her a bad person,should she of had to hold them when being put down ?

Before you judge know the full facts....

Good luck with your future and health and hope you get the home sorted for the dogs...

Roy gsd

Judge, juror and executioner all rolled into one there Roy. Nice work if you can get it.

Edited by rixalex

What am I missing here? On one hand we condemn people that abandon critters, but then when someone that can't care for the dogs tries to do the right thing and find his dogs a new home he gets bashed? This is one of those situations where it is best to look for the positive aspect of the story, that someone is responsible even if imperfect, rather than negative motives.

Then some guy that has taken in alot of dogs that would otherwise starve or suffer, he too gets bashed. Jeeezus.

Have a heart. A bit of understanding and compassion isn't too much to expect from adults.