Factory Wages In Bangkok

praglen

I have a Thai girlfriend who has been told by HER friend to tell me she makes 30,000 baht a month, working 6 days a week. I know this is pure B.S., but it helps to know what the average really is. If no one on this forum knows, could someone at least direct me to the government agency that keeps such statistics?

This extract might help:

"Good" Pay

Ninety percent of the assembly line workers are female. According to the Japanese supervisor women are more suitable than men for assembly line work due to their superior concentration and endurance. The average salary for a Thai worker at the Nikon factory is US$ 150 per month and they work about 40 hours per week. Overtime is paid in addition to regular salary. This compares favorably with the average wages in the country. The recommended minimum wage in Bangkok is $85/month and $75/month in the country with men and women receiving equal wages.

How much higher would the cost of manufacturing the Pronea S be in Japan where wages are considerably higher? Mr. Kunio Matsuzaki, the supervisor at the Thai factory, guessed 20%. A considerable part of the manufacturing cost lies in the components and that is not so much effected by wages.

Taken from: http://old.photodo.com/art/Mode4.shtml

between 6,000-8,000/month would be more accurate.

agree, base salary is 5K, the rest is overtime

I have a Thai girlfriend who has been told by HER friend to tell me she makes 30,000 baht a month, working 6 days a week. I know this is pure B.S.,

But why did she tell you this anyway???... when 99% of Thais know this is bs...

yes, why would she lie when everyone will know that thais could not possibly earn 30k in factory.

Why would poster be so interested to post on this forum.

Why does everyone feel the need to lie in these times ???

first thoughts....

TG - My friend work Thai factory... lowest job in Thailand, she earn 30K

BF - Darling, i do not want you work factory, and it was great the off chance i met you in that bar you have never been in before, but i must go back ferang land

TG - you go back Ferang land, me go work factory 37 hours a day.. you want your teluk work like this... ping pong work bar better money.....

BF - OH NO... dont go work bar, you would not like it... when i met you you had never even drunk a double samsong followed by a triple sambuca and washing it down with a chang beer, how could you possibly work in a bar...

TG - so me go work poor poor factory and maybe die and cannot feed family in north Thailand

BF - OK OK , you not work bar, and i pay your factory wage, how much again?

GF - 30 K a month Ka :o

yes, why would she lie when everyone will know that thais could not possibly earn 30k in factory.

first thoughts....

BF - Darling, i do not want you work factory, and it was great the off chance i met you in that bar you have never been in before, but i must go back ferang land

TG - you go back Ferang land, me go work factory 37 hours a day.. you want your teluk work like this... ping pong work bar better money.....

BF - OH NO... dont go work bar, you would not like it... when i met you you had never even drunk a double samsong followed by a triple sambuca and washing it down with a chang beer, how could you possibly work in a bar...

TG - so me go work poor poor factory and maybe die and cannot feed family in north Thailand

GF - 30 K a month Ka :D

:D:o:D

• Like 1

first thoughts....

GF - 30 K a month Ka :o

OH...Yes We love it !

Well it depends.

Is she just an average factory worker or office staff?

Is she in sales or insurance?

An average factory worker makes about 200 baht per day. Including shop mechanics and most delivery guys, messengers, drivers. Some long term employees make about 250 baht.

A starting salary for a young women B.A. graduate no experience is about 8,000 baht per month max.

Men that have engineering degrees make more.

Also depends which company. Most foreign companies like in Chonburi like LG, etc pay a lot more because less workforce, lots of competition in Bangkok.

30,000 baht per month could mean a lot of things. She could be selling insurance like AIA, credit card, loan solicitors, marketing like fitness clubs and body shape. Some graphic designers and and architects make that much. But most of these people don't really have a salary but depends on the commission or memberships they sell.

Government employees including cops and teachers make about 15,000 per year after 10 years of service.

<H1 class=page-title>Average Thai Wages per Month</H1>This section gives you a list of employment descriptions or positions and their average salary in Thailand. Source: National Statistical Office,

Employment Description or PositionSalary in THBFishing2,968Agriculture, hunting and forestry3,019Private households with employed persons4,068Construction4,706Hotels and restaurants5,680Other community and social work6,311Manufacturing6,420Wholesale and retail trade, repair business6,760Mining and quarrying7,646Real estate, renting and business activities9,571Health and social work10,804Public administration and defense11,375Transport, storage and communication11,752Education14,883Electricity, gas and water supply17,841Financial intermediation19,325

Source: Board of Investment

Employment Description or PositionSalary in THBHousekeeper6,532Driver8,528Office staff15,222Public relations staff16,635Sales/marketing staff23,785Researcher (Thai)24,722Engineering26,051Executive Secretary32,296PC Programmer22,000-35,000Web Designer25,000-35,000System Analyst40,000-45,000Office Manager47,994Webmaster45,000-60,000Personnel/HRD director71,222Plant manager73,396IT Manager90,000-150,000