Drums / Musical Instruments In Chiang Mai

chiangmaiexpat

I am looking for a musical instrument store in Chiang Mai, in particular one that sells acoustic and electronic drum kits. The stores I've seen in the city seem to focus on beginner kits for children and cheap instruments. Couldn't find a Roland V Drum Set, for example, which I'd love to try out before putting several B1000 note bricks on the counter.

Tips would be very much appreciated. If there's no such store in CNX, does anyone know a good shop in BKK?

Cheers, CMX

Unknown if you've checked on this one, but noticed a music store just down from the Chedi on the left side of the road ..I think there is a "recording studio" next to it as well.

Haven't stopped, just passed by at mach2 on the Vespa..thought I saw drum sets in the window.

I am looking for a musical instrument store in Chiang Mai, in particular one that sells acoustic and electronic drum kits. The stores I've seen in the city seem to focus on beginner kits for children and cheap instruments. Couldn't find a Roland V Drum Set, for example, which I'd love to try out before putting several B1000 note bricks on the counter.

Tips would be very much appreciated. If there's no such store in CNX, does anyone know a good shop in BKK?

Cheers, CMX

There is a large music store on the left side of Chiang Moi Road, about 500 meters from the klong. (Sorry, don't know the name.) They carry a LOT of different instruments although I don't know if they carry quality drum kits. They did have 3-4 different kits set up in the store.