New Swimming Pool In Santitam Area

PeaceBlondie

Hello Khun PB,

I am riding motorcycles again but thanks to your advice, I am being careful.

Joined the 700 stadium pool last week. What a pool!!!! Might be to far for what you want distance wise.

I thought the pool at Amari Rincome was nice but nothing better then the 700 stadium pool.

Look forward to answers to your post.

Sendbaht

BBill, thanks as always. My neighbor, down the klong from the wild, pink water wings, tells me it is several hundred meters north of the Santitam roundabout, then take a left at the soi across from the Tesco-Lotus Express. Then it should be inside a huge, red, brick, multistory apt. complex. Rumour has it the monthly membership fee is 400 baht, which is great for an every-day user like me.

What is the fee for 700-year stadium fee? Do they have a 700-year membership? It is a bit further down the long klong, though. Meanwhile, I still pay 200 baht per year and sip baht every day at Pong Pote. How much per day at Amari Rincome?

Does anybody know where a new pool is, somewhere near Santitam traffic circle and the YMCA? My regular pool is on its last legs, and my Japanese friend tells me she has found a new pool in that area. But she could not tell me quite where it is.

The new pool is in the middle of Santitham Plaza near the new brick apartment buildings

Does anybody know where a new pool is, somewhere near Santitam traffic circle and the YMCA? My regular pool is on its last legs, and my Japanese friend tells me she has found a new pool in that area. But she could not tell me quite where it is.

The new pool is in the middle of Santitham Plaza near the new brick apartment buildings

Thanks, bungalow bill. I like that new avator. Barney Fife goes to infantry school....

"What is the fee for 700-year stadium fee? Do they have a 700-year membership? It is a bit further down the long klong, though. Meanwhile, I still pay 200 baht per year and sip baht every day at Pong Pote. How much per day at Amari Rincome?"

The Amari Rincome use to have outside memberships but no longer.

700 studium cost B520 to join for the year and B30 each time you swim. You could join for 700 years but you would need congress to vote on it, this year anything woith 700 in it needs to be look at real hard.:o)

BBill, thanks as always. My neighbor, down the klong from the wild, pink water wings, tells me it is several hundred meters north of the Santitam roundabout, then take a left at the soi across from the Tesco-Lotus Express. Then it should be inside a huge, red, brick, multistory apt. complex. Rumour has it the monthly membership fee is 400 baht, which is great for an every-day user like me.

What is the fee for 700-year stadium fee? Do they have a 700-year membership? It is a bit further down the long klong, though. Meanwhile, I still pay 200 baht per year and sip baht every day at Pong Pote. How much per day at Amari Rincome?

Hey PB your neighbor is correct on the location of the Santitham pool, but I'm not sure on the price, I've been meaning to get over there since it is so close to me. I'll try and get the rates and get back to you.

I'm still looking for a pool which is in the shade during the morning or early afternoon - anyone know of one?

A skin cancer sufferer

CMMCB

How about a lycra stinger suit (to prevent stings from jelly fish).

They are extremely thin and lightweight, you would hardly know you were wearing it apart from the whistles and jeers from observers. Wouldn't think they were available in Chiang Mai but you could easily order on line.

the best pool is in Mooban Tanawan.A lot of shade and the best water quality in Chiang mai.in my case no more ear infections, even dont need earpads anymore.They open early morning before 7.00.coupon for ten times cost 400 B.Tanawan is located at the Mae Jo road, the entrance is about 200m after the Rimping Store on left side. pass the guards, just behind the bus-company.

• 2 weeks later...

PB, did you find this pool in santhitam, and is it any good. i am moving to a house there very soon, The hours if correct dont sound too good, if you are one of the "get up early and get it over with brigade"

Thanks Tim

PB, did you find this pool in santhitam, and is it any good. i am moving to a house there very soon, The hours if correct dont sound too good, if you are one of the "get up early and get it over with brigade"

Thanks Tim

Tim, if you need an early morning swim in that neighborhood, the poorly maintained Pong Pote pool opens around 10 am, and is cheaper by any count, and uncrowded before 4 pm (once the autumn break is over, this month).

Yes, we found the Santitam pool. Just follow the huge green road signs to the big soi, and after going beneath a street-wide banner that also says Santitam Plaza, there it is in the complex on your right, brown brick with red trim, about three stories high. It is good (no changing stalls, though), and you can smell the chlorine (unlike Pong Pote). Fresh and clean, not much shade in late afternoon.

The Santitham Plaza pool is not really new, I've been going there for around 18 months now. Its clean and usually quiet in the afternoon, though gets a few young kids after 5 p.m. Never used to see any Farangs there, though that's changed a bit recently and I'm sure this thread won't help......

IMO for serious swimming the 700 year Stadium pool is the best in Chiang Mai. Real 50M pool, and well maintained, not usually too many people. Also has a separate diving pool too, but the changing facilities are pretty poor, even worse than the Santitham Pool which PB has commented on. Its just a long trek to get there that's the only problem. Last time I went entrance was 50 Baht, but they have a membership scheme which offers a discount. There is also a small gym there - weights machines only IIRC. One advantage later in the afternoon is the seating stand casts a shadow acorss part of the pool giving you a choice of swimming in sun or shade.

We tried the 700 year Stadium pool last year but were disappointed, but I agree it would be great for the serious swimmers. For us it was just too cold and not really suited for splashing about and doing some more or less lazy swimming. For gung ho lappers (and we saw several of those there) it would probably be fine.

There you go, anthrosciguy. I am a splasher, not a lapper. Serious lap swimmers are too serious. As for cold, any pool in the world will be close to ambient temp, unless it is abnormally deep, wintertime, morning. I just spent an hour around noontime, totally alone on a Saturday. Thais are allergic to the noonday sun.

• 1 year later...

I have been living in Santitham for about 2 years now and i cannot say that i have heard of a new pool. the only one i know of is at Santitham plaza. i have found this pool clean and it's a vey nice sized pool. if i have my facts correct it's about 40baht per day or 400baht per month. i hope it checks out for you.

Andee