Australian Tourist Visa (once Issued Timeframe It Has To Be Used In?)

She can enter any time before the expiry date.

Read the visa, it will have the phrase "granted on ........, must not arrive after........."

Fairly self explanatory.

and this expiry date runs for what peroid of time? 2-3 months? She has not got the visa yet.

As far as I can remember it is up to 3months give or take. So even when you can "read you might not find the page!"

• 4 weeks later...

My gf had her visa approved in September and was dated travel before 30 Jan. 4 Months. We did however state in the application that she would be coming here in January so that may have had some bearing on the time frame.

Cheers.

My gf had her visa approved in September and was dated travel before 30 Jan. 4 Months. We did however state in the application that she would be coming here in January so that may have had some bearing on the time frame.

Cheers.

They do extend the time frame to suit travel plans but not by much....4 months would be about the limit, I havent heard of anyone being given more than that.

No give and take.....3 months from the date of grant

What rot, it all depends upon the applicant and situation. My now wife for example got a multi-entry visa which was valid for 12 months from date of issue. Her sister who applied at the same time (to come to our wedding in Aust) got a 3 month visa.

Bottom line to the OP, it is all on the visa label. Best thing is to wait until it is issued and see what it says.