My Boss Is In Bkk For 13 Days - Any Ideas?

paehk

I originally posted this in the wrong topic - Some people thought I was going to BKK as well but I am not accompanying them on the trip so any suggested plans I might have for him have to be taken care of here. Thanks!

Hi all!

I am a 3rd year law student, and I work as one of many lowly legal assistants in the San Diego offices of one of the largest law firms in America (Not quite Baker Mackenzie, but I think we make more moolah!) Anyways, we have 3 attorneys leaving for a BKK business trip on 12/14 - 12/27. The way the Thai clients have it set up, they scheduled sporadic meetings throughout the duration of the business trip, but there will be 2 periods (of 3 days each) in which my boss will have all to himself. Although the 2 other lawyers have made it clear that they will concentrate on partaking in, shall we say (I am sure every euphimism has already been exhausted on this forum) more "erotic" pursuits.

My boss and his g/f have made it sufficiently clear that he would like to steer clear of the adult entertainment centers. I (stupidly) told him that I had been to BKK a couple times in the past 2 years, but I didnt visit one cultural landmark, ######, the only 2 places I went were siam square and sukhumvit. So, I am in kind of a bind... He asked(directed) me to provide some suggestions. If anyone can contribute (I know there are many of you!), than here are some helpful factors to take into consideration:

1.He is 28 years old - Japanese/American - Speaks English as first language, but he can speak Korean near perfect, and passable Japanese? - This is just from what I overhear foreign clients. - So if the language competency helps in finding a foreign tour group/ program (NOT BACKPACKERS) more along his style that would be great.

2.He will be travelling alone, his g/f has to finish out the football season [GO SAN DIEGO CHARGERS!!!] (NFL - American Football) hopefully getting to the Superbowl! And therefore will not be available.

3.Due to time constraints planes would be the preferred method of transportation (over buses, trains, automobiles)

4.For practical purposes, money will not be a material issue . (Due to the forced overseas placement during Xmas, our firm has been extremely generous providing a per diem [billed to client? I wonder] of $650 - 29,000bt? (Good lord! Me and my 3 friends comibined. culd definitely could have done some damage with that kind of coin in 2002!)

I was thinking Chiang Mai, or Koh Samui, but if the scene in those areas has gotten hectic and lost its charm, that probably wouldnt be appropriate.

Also the firms travel dept booked him at the InterContinental in Erawan for the whole trip (another hotel that I as a backpacker only saw from the skytrain essentially), but he would prefer a quiter setting with (relativly) quick access to Siam Square. (This might be a pipe dream).

Guys, I am so sorry that I have taken so much time on this, but it's cause I procrastinated till that last minute, and I need to have a choice of interesting outing suggestions by tommorrow 10:00 a.m. (pst). Hey let me just thank all those that contribute to this forum to make it one of the best sources of practical and contemporary information resources regarding all thing Thai on the net!

Kudos,

Winston H Cary

Legal Clerk

International Trade Practice

I originally posted this in the wrong topic - Some people thought I was going to BKK as well but I am not accompanying them on the trip so any suggested plans I might have for him have to be taken care of here.  Thanks!

Hi all!

I am a 3rd year law student, and I work as one of many lowly legal assistants in the San Diego offices of one of the largest law firms in America (Not quite Baker Mackenzie, but I think we make more moolah!) Anyways, we have 3 attorneys leaving for a BKK business trip on 12/14 - 12/27. The way the Thai clients have it set up, they scheduled sporadic meetings throughout the duration of the business trip, but there will be 2 periods (of 3 days each) in which my boss will have all to himself. Although the 2 other lawyers have made it clear that they will concentrate on partaking in, shall we say (I am sure every euphimism has already been exhausted on this forum) more "erotic" pursuits.

My boss and his g/f have made it sufficiently clear that he would like to steer clear of the adult entertainment centers. I (stupidly) told him that I had been to BKK a couple times in the past 2 years, but I didnt visit one cultural landmark, ######, the only 2 places I went were siam square and sukhumvit. So, I am in kind of a bind... He asked(directed) me to provide some suggestions. If anyone can contribute (I know there are many of you!), than here are some helpful factors to take into consideration:

1.He is 28 years old - Japanese/American - Speaks English as first language, but he can speak Korean near perfect, and passable Japanese? - This is just from what I overhear foreign clients. - So if the language competency helps in finding a foreign tour group/ program (NOT BACKPACKERS) more along his style that would be great.

2.He will be travelling alone, his g/f has to finish out the football season [GO SAN DIEGO CHARGERS!!!] (NFL - American Football) hopefully getting to the Superbowl! And therefore will not be available.

3.Due to time constraints planes would be the preferred method of transportation (over buses, trains, automobiles)

4.For practical purposes, money will not be a material issue . (Due to the forced overseas placement during Xmas, our firm has been extremely generous providing a per diem [billed to client? I wonder] of $650 - 29,000bt? (Good lord! Me and my 3 friends comibined. culd definitely could have done some damage with that kind of coin in 2002!)

I was thinking Chiang Mai, or Koh Samui, but if the scene in those areas has gotten hectic and lost its charm, that probably wouldnt be appropriate.

Also the firms travel dept booked him at the InterContinental in Erawan for the whole trip (another hotel that I as a backpacker only saw from the skytrain essentially), but he would prefer a quiter setting with (relativly) quick access to Siam Square. (This might be a pipe dream).

Guys, I am so sorry that I have taken so much time on this, but it's cause I procrastinated till that last minute, and I need to have a choice of interesting outing suggestions by tommorrow 10:00 a.m. (pst). Hey let me just thank all those that contribute to this forum to make it one of the best sources of practical and contemporary information resources regarding all thing Thai on the net!

Kudos,

Winston H Cary

Legal Clerk

International Trade Practice