Why So Many Files ?

pop3

I have used a Panasonic DVD camcorder model VDR-D220 to record some video onto it's mini DVD disk. all went well so I then decided to transfer what was on the mini DVD disk to my hard drive so I could then put it onto a normal size DVD+R 16x 4.7GB 120 min disk

To my horror I noticed I had three files ?

VR-MANGR BUP file 10KB. VR-MANGR |MPEG file 10KB. and VR-MOVIE VRO file 1,365,266KB.

I then used ImgBurn to burn it to my normal size DVD, it went through the whole process but when I removed the disk and tried it in my stand alone DVD player on my TV all I got was the message NO DISK IN MACHINE. But the disk plays ok on my computer ?

Can anyone relate to this problem :o

The disc needs to be formatted for a stand alone DVD player to be able to read it. The file system used by DVD players uses a video_ts directory with several index files as .ifo and then the video files as .vob.

A quick search on google for vor to dvd gave me these sites.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/239804

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f32/vro-files-pan...recorder-90449/

Cheers

I have used a Panasonic DVD camcorder model VDR-D220 to record some video onto it's mini DVD disk. all went well so I then decided to transfer what was on the mini DVD disk to my hard drive so I could then put it onto a normal size DVD+R 16x 4.7GB 120 min disk

To my horror I noticed I had three files ?

VR-MANGR BUP file 10KB. VR-MANGR |MPEG file 10KB. and VR-MOVIE VRO file 1,365,266KB.

I then used ImgBurn to burn it to my normal size DVD, it went through the whole process but when I removed the disk and tried it in my stand alone DVD player on my TV all I got was the message NO DISK IN MACHINE. But the disk plays ok on my computer ?

Can anyone relate to this problem :o

Does the mini-dvd play in your stand alone player? If so, just make a copy of it with your burning program.

I've got the VRO problem myself. I digitized a bunch of video tapes to dvd and they came out as those vro files you speak of and the other 2 files. I dont have the player I used for my project as it is in the states so here naturally they dont play on a standalone after burning them (I brought em here on a hard drive). I had been to the 2 links above and then some a while back and no solutions to be had there. you cant just rename those vros to .mpg and have magic happen as they are still vros. the only solution I can think of, and I havent tried it yet, it to put them into a converter. personally I hate converting formats as almost always you get audio out of sync among other probs. not to mention that all converters are not freeware. for now my home vids sit on my hard drive to be viewed on puter only. hopefully I

will find the solution and be able to burn on dvd and play on a standalone

The best options may not be free, but it should at least be possible. VRO is just a container for an mpeg file, same as VOB but indexed a slightly different.

It looks like you can convert (or unpack when going to plain mpeg) from VRO to other formats using

Free

MPEG_StreamClip

Avidemux

ProjectX

Pony Up $ (or go to Pantip/Fortune)

VRO Converter

CyberLink PowerDirector

AVS Video Editor

Edited by surface