Gas Barbeques

jonny48

hi all

anyone know where i can get a cheap gas barbeque in ubon

cheers

Check out Udon Thani ex-pat websites. Around 3 months ago I read an advert from a guy who was fabricating bbqs to order and would deliver. Unsure if gas or charcoal but certainly worth a look if only to compare the quality/prices.

"Cheap" purchases in Thailand are seldom satisfactory. Not WASTING money on an "Imported gas BBQ" from a "Hi So" source, but rather purchasing a very well built stainless gas BBQ from Doc at www.gasbbqthailand.com will be money well spent. We use that BBQ at least 12 times each WEEK and it has never malfunctioned. Doc will communicate with you, let you know when your BBQ ships from his shop and it is a breeze to assemble once you bring it home from the Post Office. It took us six minutes to assemble this BBQ in the photos.

Think about SAFETY and cooking gas!!! Doc installs a great safety gas valve on his well built BBQ. His gas BBQ has held up far better than the most famous "German" brand gas HOB we have in our kitchens. The German brand HOB was actually made on a Siesta Day in Spain. But Siemens does have great "after the sale" free service and they stock replacement parts.

If money is the only consideration buy a 500 baht used oil barrel charcoal BBQ.

I formerly lived in California and bought good quality items at Costco. Doc's BBQ is as good or perhaps better than the KIRKLAND brand BBQ from Costco. Not very many brands in Thailand have the QUALITY or VALUE FOR MONEY of the KIRKLAND brand. Makro, Big C, Tesco, Home Pro, sell market appropriate items but QUALITY or LONG LASTING VALUE is very rare in their merchandise.

post-20604-1222512418_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1222512512_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1222512536_thumb.jpg

"Cheap" purchases in Thailand are seldom satisfactory. Not WASTING money on an "Imported gas BBQ" from a "Hi So" source, but rather purchasing a very well built stainless gas BBQ from Doc at www.gasbbqthailand.com will be money well spent. We use that BBQ at least 12 times each WEEK and it has never malfunctioned. Doc will communicate with you, let you know when your BBQ ships from his shop and it is a breeze to assemble once you bring it home from the Post Office. It took us six minutes to assemble this BBQ in the photos.

Think about SAFETY and cooking gas!!! Doc installs a great safety gas valve on his well built BBQ. His gas BBQ has held up far better than the most famous "German" brand gas HOB we have in our kitchens. The German brand HOB was actually made on a Siesta Day in Spain. But Siemens does have great "after the sale" free service and they stock replacement parts.

I formerly lived in California and bought good quality items at Costco. Doc's BBQ is as good or perhaps better than the KIRKLAND brand BBQ from Costco. Not very many brands in Thailand have the QUALITY or VALUE FOR MONEY of the KIRKLAND brand. Makro, Big C, Tesco, Home Pro, sell market appropriate items but QUALITY or LONG LASTING VALUE is very rare in their merchandise.

For its type Doc's product looks good, but what I think sticks in people's minds is that the price of reasonable gas BBQs in say the UK or Canada is much lower than in Thailand, even though many are made in China (so that it isn't transport costs making the difference). Tesco UK recently offered a 3 burner stainless steel item (perhaps not as sturdy as Doc's) at a special offer price of just over 100GBP. I'm hoping that Tesco Lotus will wake up to the BBQ market in Thailand, but actually I haven't seen a gas BBQ there or for that matter in Makro or Big C.

Edited by citizen33

For its type Doc's product looks good, but what I think sticks in people's minds is that the price of reasonable gas BBQs in say the UK or Canada is much lower than in Thailand, even though many are made in China (so that it isn't transport costs making the difference). Tesco UK recently offered a 3 burner stainless steel item (perhaps not as sturdy as Doc's) at a special offer price of just over 100GBP. I'm hoping that Tesco Lotus will wake up to the BBQ market in Thailand, but actually I haven't seen a gas BBQ there or for that matter in Makro or Big C.

thats what i was thinking , i bought from b and q in the uk for around 100 pound did the job, we have had the oil drum for years, went to an electric grill but found it was knocking up the electric bill, anyway will keep looking

cheers

thats what i was thinking , i bought from b and q in the uk for around 100 pound did the job, we have had the oil drum for years, went to an electric grill but found it was knocking up the electric bill, anyway will keep looking

cheers

BBQ Fans,

I purchased a heavy duty stainless steel BBQ with a steel hotplate from a supplier located under the Rangsit Macro store (in the car park) a few years ago for 6,000 baht. It is dimensionally similar to the one photographed earlier here. It doesnt have the legs or lid, but apart from the plastic knobs falling apart it is great. Two burner, oil drawer...... Can run at temperatures close to hades....

Isaanaussie