Is This Possible?

I have been told by a well known legal firm that I can set up a 1 million baht company (1 mill not needed) and with no Thai employees get a work permit and a multi non O ( i am married to Thai) visa!

Total running cost a bit over 10k a month for accountant and tax.

Any ideas on how realistic/safe this is?

I have been told by a well known legal firm that I can set up a 1 million baht company (1 mill not needed) and with no Thai employees get a work permit and a multi non O ( i am married to Thai) visa!

Yes, if you are married to a Thai then that is correct in some areas; in other areas labour are now insisting on 4x Thai Employees (if married, you may be able to argue it down to 2x employees).

10k THB pcm costs sound about right (including visa, visa run, audit and WP costs, excluding year one set up costs) providing there is no requirement for Thai employees.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Yes, if you are married to a Thai then that is correct in some areas; in other areas labour are now insisting on 4x Thai Employees (if married, you may be able to argue it down to 2x employees).

10k THB pcm costs sound about right, providing there is no requirement for Thai employees.

that's good news! do you know anyone doing this?

work permit without any employee, no problem if your accountant has friends at the labour departement or if the labour departement in your location does allow this (a lot of us including me have WP without any employee)

regarding the monthly feee, it's way too much, you should be with a maximum of 3k tax+accounting if your work permit has a salary of 30k/month, unless your company does require a true accounting but i highly doubt it if you just wanna work for yourself and keep the profit for you

that's good news! do you know anyone doing this?
Do you mean offering the service or following this path?

I mean "following this path" but if you have reccomendations to the "offering service" part then I'd be interested too

I know several people who successfully operate 2 million capitalised companies and one or two who have just had 1 miilion capitalisation when married to a Thai.

If you do everything yourself then around 10K per month is your bottom line (that's - all costs visa/visa runs/work permit/tax/social security/annual auditing). If you use lawyers and/or accountants then it gets more expensive.

No specific recommendations for service providers, but only use proven reputable companies. A lot of the stuff you can do yourself and save money, but do use professionals for the initial set up.

plachonubon, do you plan to work and thus need a work permit? I ask because if you don't, there is a much less costly and more elegant way for you to get annual marriage extensions.

--

Maestro

My wife has a small business that is not yet registered I do help out quite a lot with that but maybe don't need the work permit.

How can i get elegant annual marriage extensions? :o

I was going to ask why the visa runs.

Married to a Thai entitles you to a one year extension if you can show your combined income is 40,000 a month.

Proof is tax payments or a letter from you consulate for your income alone.

This is a topic that has been covered many times on this forum.

Edited by ubonjoe

I was going to ask why the visa runs.

Married to a Thai entitles you to a one year extension if you can show your combined income is 40,000 a month.

Proof is tax payments or a letter from you consulate for your income alone.

This is a topic that has been covered many times on this forum.

I have no proof of income and my wife's business is not registered!

Once you get things set up and have started paying taxes and can show the income. Aftter 3 months you can get an extension.

You wouldn't need to go through the extra expense and hassle of getting a multi that way. If you are out of the country already its easy to get a multiple entry. But if here already the only one's being reported nearby are KL and Penang. You can get a single at Vientiane.

As far as setting up the business. If you have enough information as to what kind of company you want you can go to a lawyer/accountant that works with Thais. You can probably get it done cheaper that way rather than dealing with one that caters to farangs.

Good Luck

Edit: You say your wifes company is not registered. Some types of businesses don't require registration. If so you she might be able to do a tax report and pay the taxes to show 40,000 income to get your first extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

Once you get things set up and have started paying taxes and can show the income. Aftter 3 months you can get an extension.

You wouldn't need to go through the extra expense and hassle of getting a multi that way. If you are out of the country already its easy to get a multiple entry. But if here already the only one's being reported nearby are KL and Penang. You can get a single at Vientiane.

As far as setting up the business. If you have enough information as to what kind of company you want you can go to a lawyer/accountant that works with Thais. You can probably get it done cheaper that way rather than dealing with one that caters to farangs.

Good Luck

Thanks Joe!!

...How can i get elegant annual marriage extensions? :o

Reported by several members, some even saying that the immigration office suggested it to them:

Your wife pays tax on a fictitious income of 40k per month. With the genuine tax receipts based on the fictitious income, you can get annual extensions.

--

Maestro

...How can i get elegant annual marriage extensions? :o

Reported by several members, some even saying that the immigration office suggested it to them:

Your wife pays tax on a fictitious income of 40k per month. With the genuine tax receipts based on the fictitious income, you can get annual extensions.

--

Maestro

HI. Any idea what tax on 40k amounts to?

According to the following post, about 2,500 Baht per month:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2144776

--

Maestro

I think the mentioned amount is based on outdated grounds. Tax around that amount (a few dimes less in most cases) used to apply to an income of 40,000 Baht. However that was when the tax-exempt limit was 100,000 baht. This limit has recently been raised to 150,000 baht, which for most 40,000-income cases mean that there now are exactly 50,000 baht less to pay 10% of (or 416.67 baht/month less).

Actually, the raised tax-free limit means that in cases where man and wife each contribute 20,000 to their combined income, no tax needs to be paid to meet extension requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

could someone tell me if you or someone you know has get a WP in Prachuap Khiri Khan, having a 1 million baht company and a non-o visa (married)?

I have been asking different accountants around Prachuap and they say that (they have been told by labor department) that it is impossible, I would need a 2 million baht company. Same goes for the employees, they claim I need 4.

Is there any official documentation about this from the government, that I could get and deliver to the labor department in Prachuap to show them that the Thai Law does in fact say 1 million and no employees for non-o (married) visa work permit?

I have been trying to get help from Sunbelt, but every time after I explain them exactly what I am trying to do, they kind off stop talking to me (I ask for an appointment to come and see them) they elegantly ignore this question. I've been trying (no joke) for 4 months to get an appointment...

I am considering to move my company to BKK, if this can't be done in Prachuap, as I understand in BKK it is no problem...

Any suggestions, a lawyer who is willing to help, someone who's done it in Prachuap, or the like would be very much appreciated.

JB

Try looking on this website for your anwer.

http://www.doe.go.th/aboutus_en.aspx

I think wou will still need 2 employees. There is a clause that cuts the income and number of employees in half for marriage to Thai. This can also be done as a business registration done by your wife as a sole trader.

Edit: Also http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a58931-...iens-Act-1-.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe