Premium Economy From La Or Nyc To Bkk

surface

The title says it all. Have only flown TG premium and can't find any info on other airlines offering similar class for these routes.

Edit: OK, just found a post about EVA and Etihad having such flights from NYC, checking prices now. Any others?

Edited by surface

Don't bother with premium economy.

You pay like 150% of the economy price yet you only get like 2 inches more room and the same food and service.

Either pay the 200% for business J class or stick to THAI's economy. I don't think many people will be flying with THAI because of their prices so that just means more space for you!

United offers economy plus, extra leg room but not business class seating.

Can you actually book and buy it?

My colleagues flying United from Tokyo told me it's only interest that you express and before the flight they (UA) decide who (from their own FF progamme, not from ANA or SQ or anyone else from StarAlliance) will be upgraded.

TG have premium economy on their nonstop LAX flights using an A340-500. Better be quick though....they are discontinuing the service effective 26 October and replacing it with one stop service through Osaka using 777-200s. Those aircraft do not have premium economy.

I've already given my little paean to Korean Air's transpacific economy in another thread, but I think it's worth mentioning again owing to dearth of reasonably priced premium economy. Korean economy offers 34" legroom; not quite a nice as Thai Air had on its 340-500s (36" in economy, 42" in premium economy), but an improvement over the 31" or 32" on many other airlines. I also like the 3-3-3 seating arrangement on Korean's 777-200s, although couples may prefer sitting in the last rows of its 747s where the seating is 2-4-2.

I just came back from NYC last week, departing from Newark. Took EVA premium economy, now called Elite class. Business class seats, a lot more space for the leg room. Not sure how much it costs because the company paid for it. But i have a feeling it's not much more than economy class. Definitely worth it.