Nonthaburi Bike Week 4-5 October. Who's Going?

thaicbr

ok guys got the girlfriend to read it and the main action is on Saturday.

'miss nonthaburi bike week' hehehe she didn't like that bit cos she's working so can't come.

its in the area of the bang yai night plaza. i did see a map on the internet somewhere but can't find it now. if still a problem will get her to ring them tmoro see if they can email a map.

allan

Bang Yai night Bazaar....my back yard. Starting from The Mall, on Ngam Wong Wahn Road.....head straight west for 25 k right to the end of the road . The road crosses the river and becomes Ratanatibet Road. At the end the road crosses the outer ring road ( route 9 ) and drops onto it heading north. The Night Bazaar is about 200 metres north of the intersection and you can see Big C on the other side of the road and the Index furniture store attatched to the Night Bazaar.

thanks bang yai are you going to the bike show. as i understand it this is the 2nd year its on.

allan

If I'm back from Mae Sot I'll probably check it out. Long time since I rode a bike in Bangkok. Yamaha TZR 150 ...one of those twin headlamp jobs. Like the proverbial <deleted> of a shovel....considering its size. Back in the U.K. it was Triumphs or Hondas. Now, I've switched to four wheels. I'm waiting for them to develop an air conditioned bike before I switch back to two again :o

As for the night bazaar....bit of a damp squib. It opened 18 months ago to a bit of a fanfare but never really took off. Rents too high. Most of the small rental shops are empty. The only place that functions is the paved forecourt which serves as a market most of the time. Still....if you blast down the road towards Taling Chan heading south on Route 9 ( Kanchanapisek Road ) you can be at Sanam Luang in 30 minutes or less so not too far from the city proper.

Is anyone is going from central Bangkok?

Rustic Charm,

I will be going from Lat Phrao at about 1230 on Saturday with 2 other bikes. A CBR and a Yamaha something. They only run about 100-110kph but being it's not to far and its pretty much in Bangkok thats ok I guess. I will be on my ZZR 1100.

Welcome to join us. We meet at the bike shop about 600 meters on the left on Lat Phrao 101 at 1230.

Dan

Hi KHUNDAN.

We might join you. We are coming from Samut Prakarn so we will be coming from the mall Bangkapi. How far is 101 from there and is it the same side ?

Jan

Bang Kapi Mall is very close to 101 but on the opposite side of the road. It's Ok we will meet at Lat Phrao 101 and then go up Lat Phrao road to Ratchada Phisek road. We could meet anywhere between Bangkapi Mall and Ratchadaphisek road on Lat Phrao. Let me know.

084 660 6460

Dan

Just so you know, there's rain and lightning in Pinklao (I'm right beside Bang Yai) right now. I'm having second thoughts, maybe tomorrow?

***EDIT***

Wow, okay now there is heavy rain and a LOT of lightning. TIT, this might be gone soon though...

Edited by Meridian007

As long as they have a place to get out of the rain, I will still be there. Free bike wash and free bath while riding..Cant beat that. Just ride slower and keep the visor wiped.

Dan

Just so you know, there's rain and lightning in Pinklao (I'm right beside Bang Yai) right now. I'm having second thoughts, maybe tomorrow?

***EDIT***

Wow, okay now there is heavy rain and a LOT of lightning. TIT, this might be gone soon though...

meridian the action if any is today. the rain it wont last long get ya arse down there later lol.

allan

sports bike riders ride....... and chopper riders think about it. (if its not raining) :o

Edited by thaicbr

Naw, its more of a case of "get wet riding out to the show (or hit by lightning - just my luck), then stand around in the rain with other wet bikers (I doubt much of the stage stuff will go on in the rain)" or "stay warm and dry with my girlfriend at home, knowing I can jump on the bike any time to go ride".

Hmmm, tough choice.

Its not a case of getting wet or not (I've ridden in snowstorms - the joy of being Canadian), I'm just happy doing whatever seems most fun at the time (also the joy of not having to work). I think its awesome that some of you want to go out to this in the rain, more power to you, for me its just priorities and decisions based on maximum enjoyment.

Have fun dudes! Take pictures to make me jealous!

(Oh BTW, this is my first cruiser. I really don't think I'd fit the "cruiser profile" you are thinking of, but hey, its all good!) :o:D:D

and everyone, beware of the cops, they are everywhere, even if you have many things properly, they can find a mistake if they want, such as driving on the right or left lane :o price is 400 baht :D

take care, I cannot come cuz of rain, and when it finishes it will be late I think.

but those who are going, please take pictures and inform us about the event

see ya

Well, the Bangkok elite were out in force for what I thought was a surprisingly formal occasion. Lots of people had their Sunday best black on....black tshirts with matching black jeans and lots of skulls and daggers in evidence. Once you got over the shock of the ' rich kids pretending to be tough and poor ' fashion show there were a few bikes to look at too.!! Quiet a few of the obligatory Harleys around to prove that money is no object when it comes to posing but a few other interesting bikes as well as you can see from the pics. The 360 cc Honda was in good nick and reminded me of my first bike, a 250 Honda G5, one of the worst lumps ever made. :opost-61826-1223126926_thumb.jpgpost-61826-1223127202_thumb.jpgpost-61826-1223127472_thumb.jpgpost-61826-1223127740_thumb.jpgpost-61826-1223128014_thumb.jpg

Great pics! Is it just me or do some of the bikes not look ready to ride? In your first pic, the chopper in the middle of the pic looks like it doesn't have any bars!

The diversity of bikes always amazes me at these things, you'll get everything from the tricked out Harley to a chopped 100cc rat bike (left corner in your 3rd pic).

The CB360 looks like a nice ride, I wish more companies would bring back that style in a mid-range (650-950) bike again.

What time did things get really going? My girlfriend works today so I think I'll come out! :o

Edited by Meridian007