Tamarind

Taggart

I used to eat alot of tamarind paste when I was younger, loved the stuff.

Tamarind is good for treating flatulance it is said..

it says that. (i did not cross referenced the list)

1. Tamarind is a good source of antioxidants that fight against cancer. Tamarind contains carotenes, vitamin C, flavanoids and the B-vitamins
  2. Tamarind protects against vitamin C deficiency
  3. Tamarind reduces fevers and provides protection against colds
  4. Tamarind helps the body digest food
  5. Tamarind is used to treat bile disorders
  6. Tamarind is a mild laxative
  7. Tamarind lowers cholesterol
  8. Tamarind promotes a healthy heart
  9. Tamarind can be gargled to ease soar throat
  10. Tamarind applied to the skin to heal inflammation

1. Tamarind is a good source of antioxidants that fight against cancer. Tamarind contains carotenes, vitamin C, flavanoids and the B-vitamins

Thanks for the list. I guess I'll continue eating it (but only in the evening when I'm not going out). Sometimes it's more than just a "mild" laxative.

Good to hear it has antioxidants and also heart friendly. Tamarind seem to carry a whack of calories though. On the package mine came in it says 390 calories per 1/4 pack (31.35 grams). Like many other foods, I guess to be eaten in moderation.

Thanks for the list. I guess I'll continue eating it (but only in the evening when I'm not going out). Sometimes it's more than just a "mild" laxative.

Good to hear it has antioxidants and also heart friendly. Tamarind seem to carry a whack of calories though. On the package mine came in it says 390 calories per 1/4 pack (31.35 grams). Like many other foods, I guess to be eaten in moderation.

Tamarind withsticky rice is arroy mak mak

• 4 weeks later...
I've been eating tamarind fruit for a number of years now. Has anyone seen any research studies on health benefits?

All the previously stated benefits are probably valid but fluoride detox is why I always include at least one teaspoon of tamarind paste in my daily diet now.

Fluoride has been shown to not only causes abnormal bone growth, bone cancer, and tooth weakness (yes, weakness) but it also seems to accumulate in the pineal gland in the brain (i.e. the location of the so-called "third eye"). This is why tamarind has been cultivated for thousands of years in India, and how it got its name: "tamar" + "Hindi" (see Wikipedia).

Do a Google search using tamarind and fluoride as the key words and you'll see several studies describing its detox properties.

Also, after one gets past the initial one or two days of lightheadedness from the initial massive release and then clearing of the fluoride, one begins to think clearer and have more frequent dreams, including lucid dreaming. These two benefits alone are the most valuable to me.

And I'm sure that people who meditate often or have psychic ability would benefit even more...

Both my parents had terrible teeth for all of their lives with lots of fillings and such. All of their chidren have excellent teeth with almost no fillings. Drinking fluoride makes teeth stronger. :o

That is what we have all been brainwashed to think up to now. The actual science tells a far different story...

May I suggest you watch the film Fluoride Deception on Google video, then peruse the many fine web resources available now which dispute the idea that ingested fluoride is somehow beneficial to one's health.